ludumdare page : https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/47/soulbound
--- STORY ---
The HilFord Brothers are famous archeologists : Clarence is a successfull businessman and he raises founds for his big brother's expeditions.
You're playing as Wellington Hilford and you must find the legendary soul gem, known for giving to his owner the potential to bend space.
--- CONTROL ---
(z/c) : jump
(x/v) : attack/talk/read/take
(left/right) : move around
(down) : drop object ( you can't attack or walljump while you hold an item )
--- GOALS ---
- Open the entrance of the temple.
- Find the treasure rooom.
- Take the gem.
- Leave the temple.
- Give the gem to Clarence Hillford.
--- CHECKPOINT ---
There's a way to save progression and restore hearts.
You can go back to your last checkpoint by selecting "retry" in the pause menu ( ENTER key )
/!\ Restart the game will erase your checkpoint ( not enough time to code save storage )
--- PLAYTHROUGH ---
Some riddles are tricky.
Here's a video to help you out : https://youtu.be/DnNdUEiaFC8
this is my entry for alakajam #10
-- GOAL --
Visit the huts, ships or the wise monkey to collect maps
Maps will give you hint on the chest position
Once you have enough maps, seek a shovel
Dig to find the treasure
The first pirate to find 2 treasures win the game
-- CONTROL --
(arrow keys) Move your tiny pirate around
(x) Dig if you have a shovel
(z) Show your maps
This is my 72h entry for alakajam #9 !!
Rules ( basic )
- A link is created between stones sharing a color or a shape.
- Chain of 12+ stones will explodes increasing score and experience
Rules ( advanced )
- Each time you level up, a random malus is drawn in the list.
- Complete some specific conditions to increase your combo values.
- The first time you complete a condition, you win a trophy accordingly
- Gain 3,5,10,15 trophies for bonus score.
left/right : move piece
down : drop piece
up/w : turn piece
x : check trophies list
- Reach the deepest possible and then come back to your boat.
- (arrow keys) move around
- (z) jump / swim
- (x) take / launch hermit crab
- You can swimp ( jump in ̶m̶i̶d̶a̶i̶r̶ midwater) using 50% of your current tank
- Open the clam with an hermit crab shell to refill your tank
- You have 5 oxygen tanks. Once they are all gone, you'll drown !!
— GOAL —
You have been accidentally shrunk to the size of a bug. Collect 48x scraps of metal in your garden to build a tiny remote control for your shrinker. Each time you fail you will be rewarded with a new gadget. Finish the game with as few death as possible for a special ending.
— CONTROL —
(Arrow keys) move
(X) throw ( if you have an insect in your hands)
(X) shoot ( if you have a weapon )
(Z) in air : toggle your jetpack on and off
In the Elven country life is hard for architects.
You have been proven guilty in a murky affair about bridge collapse and the elf King sentenced you to survive on a very small island in the acid lake of Torgründ.
Of course acid level is rising everyday and your only solution is to build a tower to escape a terrible death.
Thanks to gods, stones are literally falling from the sky in this region, so it should not be a problem for you.
- arrow keys : move your architect
- (z) jump
- (x) + wall : kick or destroy a wall
- (x) + up : build a ladder ( consume one plank )
- (x) in the air : build a wooden floor.
ladders and wooden floors can earn you gems if you do them right.
Acid will rise faster as your tower go higher, so try to climb as fast as you can.
Take care of goblins and flurgs. They always ruins everything.
I had no time to finish this game as I intended to.
Be ready for some clunky platform action and maybe some freeze if you are unlucky.
Even the music was stopped in progress, I hope It won't make you ears bleed :)
This is my entry for Alakajam #3
> alakajam page
--- GOAL ---
- Your goal is to spread your virus among the different species
- At the end of the game the player with the most virus win the game
- In solo you have to cover 100% of the screen with a minimum number of turns
--- HOW TO INFECT ---
- Select <z> one of your target in the bottom line
- If there's no creature of this shape or color around your virus, you can infect any creature of this type
- When the game start you have no virus so you have to infect a new creature
- Infect is good way to explore new area but it's slow, you can infect only one creature each turn
--- HOW TO SPREAD ---
- Select <z> one of your target in the bottom line
- If you select a creature shape or color that is near your virus you can propagate your virus among many creatures at once.
--- HOW TO REGENERATE ---
- Each spread or infect action spend your target
- If you need more targets select the draw option at the end of the bottom line.
- You can draw up to 6x options at the cost of one turn.
Here's my entry for ludum dare 40.
Every 4 hours youe phone will ring and you can command and sell crates of goods.
Everyday the taxcollector will send you an email claming money before midnight.
Try to reach day 7 if you can :)
--- CONTROL ---
<z> grab/drop one crate
<x> grab/drop all crates you can
You have a strength limit that affect the number of crates you can lift or the maximum size of columns
Increase your strength by purchasing offers on email
You also have a stamina bar :
- you won't be able to use 'grab all' command while you re under 50%
- you re slowed by 50% when you're stamina is under 25%
Go to bed to gain some stamina back
They will eat salads and fruits
You can get rid of them with a cat or by chasing them around until they leave on a truck.
you will loose the game if :
- you make a truck driver wait for too long
- you don't pay your tax before midnight
You have 12 days to create gold from what you can find in the woods
Each day you will be able to work in one place. You can leave it anytime to go to next day.
Shelter : This is your house when you can brew some potion and unload or load stuff from your wagon.
Forest : A good place to gather basic ingredients in your wagon.
Market: Here you can serve food to earn money or buy new recipes and items.
<arrow keys> : move around. ( leave screen to skip to next day )
<w> : activate objects
<x> : cancel action
Here's my entry for ludum dare #38
All you have to do is taking the red flag on the opposite side of the island. If you success another flag will appear on the other side, and so on. Your time is refreshed each time you take a flag.
If you capture 2 / 5 / 10 / 15 flags you will unlock permanent skills.
If you reset the cart your skills and hi-score will be reset too.
commands are : <left> and <right> to run, <up> to jump and <up> again to explo-double-jump ( need unlock )
Please tell me your best score. have fun
Here's my submission for #tinyTVjam
// INSTRUCTIONS //
- Move the white cube and stick gems from the borders.
- you can turn with [z] and [x]
- Mix the acid with a gem cluster to remove all gem with the same color.
- Each time you steal a gem from the border, your energy bar is filling up. When it's full you will refill the border with brand new gems as soon as you leave the border zone.
// TODO //
There's no gameover yet, but you can get stuck pretty easily
I just need to find a way to detect stuck situation and end the game
This is the game I'm working on right now.
It's a pokemon-like game. You start with one chimera and must convert new chimeras by fighting them.
- Move/Swap your chimeras, talk and grab stuff with arrow keys. Fights are automatics.
- When you defeat a group of chimeras they turn green and you can convert one of them.
- Your starting group size is only one but you can improve it by collecting rods of obedience.
- Your surviving chimeras wont replenish health or mana. You need to find apples to do this.
The map is not really balanced right now but the game is somehow playable. So I would be interested to know at this point how much chimeras you can defeat.
If you can defeat all 160 nothing will happen, because I didnt implement any ending right now.
Have fun !
Here's my entry for p8jam2. I only had a few time to work on it, and maybe I wont have time to finish it before the jam end.
--- RULES ---
- mathcing 3 elements morph them to the next element in the morph wheel.
- chaining more than 3 transformations will let you create gold nugget.
- Try to reach the best gold score.
- Eggs are useless and can be destroyed by transforming nearby elements
- UP : turn piece
- LEFT/RIGHT : move piece
- DOWN : drop piece
The game is somehow playable, but is quite unbalanced. you can still use it as a sandbox.
This is a bubble-bobblish platformer game for 1 or 2 player.
Mist and Grim must travel through the 22 levels and defeat the overlord.
Player 2 can join anytime during game. Players share lives pool but not score.
I had no chance to test the 2 player mode so please notify me if unexpected things happens.
--- MIST CONTROL ---
<arrows keys> move left and right
<x> fire or grab/throws stunned monster
--- GRIM CONTROL ---
<SDEF> move left and right
<Q> fire or grab/throws stunned monster
--- PREVIEW ---
--- VERSIONS ---
- bugfix : fixed the h=nil error
- bugfix : fixed a display bug on gameover fade
- bugfix : no more freeze with cornucopia after coconut spawn
- bugfix : overlord is now moving correctly
- bugfix : on 2 players game, the level is now skipped correctly even if one of them is dead.
This is my entry for ludumdare.
It's rather unfinished but somehow playable. I was too ambitious with the 5x boss thing and was unable to balance them all in time.
The rabbit form lack a special power but his arrow still deal double damage to his nemesis.
--- CONTROLS ---
<down> swap your spirits
<up> enter teepee
--- GOAL ---
- You must fight all 5 animal spirit to succeed
- If you defeat one of them, you wont be able to use his form for next battles
- Each spirit fears another. Find their weakness
Select a cup with <left> and <right> keys
Reveal its content with <up> key
Increase your score will add random penalties.
My best score is 40
View Older Posts