Here's my entry for ludum dare #38
All you have to do is taking the red flag on the opposite side of the island. If you success another flag will appear on the other side, and so on. Your time is refreshed each time you take a flag.
If you capture 2 / 5 / 10 / 15 flags you will unlock permanent skills.
If you reset the cart your skills and hi-score will be reset too.
commands are : <left> and <right> to run, <up> to jump and <up> again to explo-double-jump ( need unlock )
Please tell me your best score. have fun
This is a bubble-bobblish platformer game for 1 or 2 player.
Mist and Grim must travel through the 22 levels and defeat the overlord.
Player 2 can join anytime during game. Players share lives pool but not score.
I had no chance to test the 2 player mode so please notify me if unexpected things happens.
--- MIST CONTROL ---
<arrows keys> move left and right
<x> fire or grab/throws stunned monster
--- GRIM CONTROL ---
<SDEF> move left and right
<Q> fire or grab/throws stunned monster
--- PREVIEW ---
--- VERSIONS ---
- bugfix : fixed the h=nil error
- bugfix : fixed a display bug on gameover fade
- bugfix : no more freeze with cornucopia after coconut spawn
- bugfix : overlord is now moving correctly
- bugfix : on 2 players game, the level is now skipped correctly even if one of them is dead.
This is my entry for ludumdare.
It's rather unfinished but somehow playable. I was too ambitious with the 5x boss thing and was unable to balance them all in time.
The rabbit form lack a special power but his arrow still deal double damage to his nemesis.
--- CONTROLS ---
<down> swap your spirits
<up> enter teepee
--- GOAL ---
- You must fight all 5 animal spirit to succeed
- If you defeat one of them, you wont be able to use his form for next battles
- Each spirit fears another. Find their weakness
1.0 Final version for p8jam1
added spark deathh effect+sfx
lots of tweaking on hero/cloud collisions
- [Arrow Key] Move around
- [Z] Jump
Help the Rainmaker to complete 3 of her 4 duties:
- Collect 3x stars
- Collect 3x lightnings
- Collect 20x flowers
- Achieve 2x duties within 99 seconds
You don't have to achieve them all, so dont worry if time reach 0 You can still collect flower stars and lightnings.
- Flowers on the ground are always visibles regardless of your height
- Water flowers by running on clouds, each raindrop will make flower grow and eventually bloom
- Collect scissor bonus to pick all flowers on screen
- Reach 20x flowers to fulfil one of your duty
- Sparks run around clouds, avoid direct contact with them
- Suppress all cloud parts around a spark to destroy it. Beware of the shock wave !
- Dead sparks will release a lightning bonus
Many thanks to @castpixel who designed the rainmaker sprite and animations. I learn some good tricks about chibi design with this game.
+100% cuteness with new character design by @castpixel
You can now walk through clouds on the ground if they are small enough.
0.5 Added a short intro + title screen and new 12x12 hero animation
0.4 The game now have an ending.
Achieve 3 of the following :
- Get 3x stars
- Get 3x lightnings
- Get 20x flowers
- Finish 2x conditions within 99 seconds
0.3 Finally found a reason for the raindrops. You can now water flowers on the ground. The flowers are always visible so you can track which part of the ground need water. The visual result is quite weird. But I think i'm ok with it :)
0.2 version with wall jump, background, spark monsters and uncollectable lightning bonus
I finally found an idea for the theme. Here's my current progress
<z> Open / Close The SHop
<x> Swap to the next alive monster
Hello all ! This is my entry for Ludum Dare 33
I had a lot of problem with the gameplay of this one and I also hit the tokens limit faster than I expected.
I still managed to make something playable. I hope you'll enjoy it.
Since it's ludumdare I guess I wont update this one unless if some gamebreaking bugs are found.
Because I had to remove most of the ingame help to gain some space for late code you should REALLy read this before play :
Goblin : Fast and weak. The only monster who can carry gold and orbs.
Orc : Solid. Can dig faster than goblin
Skeleton : Slow but revive really fast.
Ghost : Hit hard and can't be targeted by projectiles. Can walk throught walls
Zombi : Durable but sluggish.
Dragon : Awesome at kicking heroes ass
Adventurer: Spirited and young enough to die.
Mage : Fire one deadly fireball
Knight : Hit hard and live long.
Thief : Picklock any door and move quickly
Archer : Fire up to 3x arrows
ITEMS : ( designed for heroes only, yeah...too bad )
Sword: Improve hero's attack
Meat : Improve hero's resistance
Boots : Improve hero's speed
Key : Open one door.
Spell : add one fireball spell
Gold pile : hero will steal 3 gold from your treasure
TEMPO BAR :
- Each time you move the tempo bar decrease
- When 0 is reached the next event occurd
Event Hero : a hero will be added to the party
Event Raid : the party will attack the dungeon
Event Item : an item will spawn in the dungeon.
DIG TUNNELS :
- Only dirt can be digged
- Orc dig faster than goblins
- Each time a dirt square have two open neighbours, it changes to a wall.
- It wont apply if the two open neighbours are very distant allowing you to create loops
- Items will tends to spawn in deadends. Create some to make item defense easier.
- Find gold by digging tunnels ( you should use orc for this )
- Grab gold and bring it to the the master with goblins
- If your dungeon contain the treasure items, protect it or heroes will steal your gold
- Can be opened/closed with <z> key
- Shop content is randomly generated each game.
- You can recycle shop content with the central slot
- Recycle price decrease each time you buy something
Can you bring the wolf, the goat, the cabbage, the hunter, the gun, the monkey and the washing machine on the other side !?
- You can only get one of them in the boat at a time.
- You can hide one object in the washing machine.
- When you re not around your folks will interract this way :
you can learn these rules by playing or read them by clicking the 'show' button
1 The goat will eat the cabbage.
2 The goat will eat the gun if the hunter is not there.
3 The wolf will eat the goat.
4 The wolf eat the monkey if he can't hide on the washing machine
5 The hunter will kill the wolf with the help of his gun
6 You need the gun to convince the hunter to come into the boat.
7 The monkey will turn on the washing machine and destroy its contents if not playing with the cabbage.
8 The monkey will throw the cabbage at the wolf if they're on opposite sides ( The wolf will flee )
9 You need help from the hunter to lift the washing machine.
<arrows> : move your character
<down> : grab or drop an item
<z> : fire with the gun
<x> : undo last move
Across the river is a remake of a game I made 2 years ago with Twine
My initial goal was to learn to make narrative games, but as you can see it was a failure ^_^
I was thinking the game deserve a more graphic version but was too lazy to do it, but now with pico-8 everything is possible in few hours :D
Hello this is the third and probably my last entry for More Is Better Jam. ( I have to leave until next week)
This one is still unfinished, I wanted to add a progression system with powerup unlocks.
As a result the late levels are quite difficult since you will have to play them without the powerups.
- Save the 32 Files left on your computer by fighting viruses waves with your sweet laser beam and shiny green armor
- The laser beam always target the grey ring
- You can't move the ring, it moves by itself and will probably do it in the direction you dont want it to.
- Your laser beam consume energy : no energy = no laser beam
- Refill your energy by approaching the ring. It works only if you dont fire.
- <arrow> keys : move around
- hold <z> : fire beam