BACKFIRE MAN is out to save the world from demons, however all he is equipped with is a bomb. Using it tends to backfire a bit...
(This game was made for Game Maker's Toolkit Jam 2019 in less than 48 hours)
The theme is: "Only One"!
Move - Arrows
Throw bomb - X
Self explode/Reset - Hold Z
POST GAME JAM UPDATE
- New animations
- New levels
- New pickups
- More sounds
Play this if you think normal mini-golf is just too normal!
This was created during #leetgamejam and polished up to what you see today. It contains 18 holes just as a normal mini-golf course. Share your score if you finish them all! As usual it plays best on the BBS.
- Position your mouse then left click, drag and release to hit the ball
- OR Position with the arrow keys then hold X, drag and release to hit the ball
(you do not have to grab and aim from the ball, just grab onto any position on the screen)
-Made reset more visible
-Fixed ending and start explosion
-Center the mouse position better
-Made level 11 a little bit easier
-Made some new sprites
Have fun and stay awesome!
A SMALL PUZZLE GAME
MOUSE AND Z
(you learn to play in the game)
Started as a 2 hour game jam but decided to polish it up to release it.
Super great feeling releasing something, even though it is short.
Can't recommend enough to do the same!
- Reworked UI again, should be easier to read
- Dpad support
- Nicer end screen
- Nicer start screen
- Nicer start screen
- Fixed stack bug
- Changed UI
- Added easier to read score system
- Added more sounds
- Overall polish
- Added persistent highscore
- Eyes follow the mouse ( thanks @freds72)
- Updated copy
- Added more sounds
- Overall polish
MOVE: arrow keys
SWITCH MOVE: X
USE MOVE: Z
- Reworked movement system, should be a lot easier
- Made it more clear when towers stop shooting
- Some small ui and gameplay changes
- No chrash when placing bombs outside of map
- New sprite on item pickup
- Fixed instant win bug
- Small fixes
Some small tips
You always take one step, then all enemies takes their coresponding steps. Making a move does not count as a step, so use this to you advantage!
Keys open doors, however this is not the only way to go to next level, bombs works great!
Green potions gives you a random power to use so grab them if you can!
Crabs only takes one step so I would recommend to not use any weapons to destroy them.
The red mouth traps can hurt both you and enemies so be careful!
Snakes moves like towers in chess!
- Towers only shoot if there are enemies on the level!
This is not normal arkanoid, this is HYPER ARKANOID
This was a mini-project just for this weekend! Wanted to make a game with no sprites or map usage. I also wanted to use simple PCG to generate endless amounts of levels!
Added some rules to Arkanoid make it faster. At any time you can add a ball, but doing so at the expense of your Hp. Each broken brick generate ammo for you to use, so shooting will be your secondary weapon to destroy bricks.
Have fun and stay awesome!
- Arrow keys to move
- Shoot bullets with Z
- Shoot balls with X
In a freak space ship accident a lonely frog crashlands on a mysterious planet. Can you help him back into space?
This is a lunar-landing type of game mixed with some mining a la minecraft. You need to control your ship while gathering ores to maintain fuel,shield and to go to next level!
- Move with arrow keys
- Gather ores with Z
- Smash rocks with X
I had some help from my friend Karl Nilhén(KSne), he created the music and the sounds!
1.1 Added some more sounds!
Fezier is an arena shooter were you control a fez wearing magican. Weild the power of magic and slay the damm blobs!
The magican is controlled with the mouse. He always tries to move towards the mouse position.
To shoot, just left click, the rest will be brought up in the game!
- Made shielding esier
- Add a marker when picking map
- Icons on every tab
- clean up endless mode tab
- Cracks on arcade mode
- Limit boost when standing still
- Harder last boss
- Save settings
- Blobs should not spawn on you
- Reset pos for player between matches
- A little nerf on the shoot bonus while standing still
Good luck, have fun and stay awesome!
A fast paced endless runner with the use of only one button.
This time you have to master jumping and jetpacking trough endless obstacles coming your way. How long can you survive?
If you managed to get 4 coins(5X combo) without touching the ground you get a shield, this will be vital for your survival!
Be careful with the grey coins, they will break your combo and send you down to ground!
Any button: Arrow keys/Z/X
- Hold to charge your jump and release to jump.
- In air: Hold the button to use your jetpack
Good luck and stay Awesome!
- Limit that camera shake
- New character sprite
- Better startscreen
- Better slowmo effect
- Fixing bugs
-Saving should now work(hopefully, new to this)
-Camera shake implemented(why not)
Good day to you!
I have used the PocketChip for small test-programs and playing games but I have not made a game only on the Pocket Chip. So that had to change I thought.
This is the result from that, made on the train ride to school, or watching tv-series, aka dead time.
It is a simple arcade game, where you are droping a ball trying to time the drop so it hits the goal.
Post your best scores in the comments!
P.S. I am soon done on my endless runner, so look forward to that!
X/Z to drop the ball or control the menus.
Can discover the way out?
First time on Ludum Dare and I only had one day to create this game.
Decided to create a small story with some light puzzle elements.
Try out for yourself and tell me what you think!
Link to ludum dare, would love you for checking that out!
- Made it a LOT more clear that you can not use your powers at the start(changed text, effects,controls etc)
Thanks Morning Toast
In a world where robots are taking over, you are the only one who has a chance to defeat them.
The game is a open world- adventure- arcade game were you can explore and tackle all the bosses in any order of your choice.
At your arsenal you have the ability to grow and expand at your command, giving you different stats and attributes in three forms:
- Small but fast,
- Medium, absorber of bullets,
- Large, slow but a lot of more damage than the other.
You have to decide which form is best at every encounter and managing your stamina meter.
The game is as big is going to get without using procedual-content, so the whole map is used, 80 % of the spritesheet, and 7839/8192 tokens used! No music, because that would only sounded terrible for your ears !
Hope you will have a good time and a great day!
Arrow keys = move
If powered up
Z = to EXPAND
X = to SHRINK
Z and X = LIGHT
I making a spawner that I could place anywere on my map.
The code is looking like this:
for x=0 ,512 do for y=0,512 do val = mget(x,y) -- spawner if (fget(val, 1)) then spawnscrubs(x,y,14,2) end end end
The code picks up that there is spawners on the map(and the amount), but not the location, all scrubs are spawning at x= 0, y = 0 .
Can not figure out the problem with the code...
Can someone figure it out?
Thanks a lot!
A mini project done on the side of a bigger one!
This is just a toy for testing interesting movement in a PICO-8 game. I might use it in a later project,
but if you want to use it in your project, feel free to do so! :)
Steer the "feet" with the arrow keys and change foot with X,Y.
It almost feel like real walking! ;)
This is a challenging platform game with the focus on just the platforming.
You play as a king that on unknown circumstances is stuck in a deep cave. On your journey you will dodging lava, spikes and maybe some bugs ;)
The goal is to get out as fast as possible! The clock is always ticking so play smart and chill!
Hope you enyoy it and post your best scores in the comments!
- Added character animations
- Added scene transitions
- Added ways to play the game with different skill levels
- Fine tuned all levels to make them more fair and fun + foliage
- Remade start screen
- Remade the enire last run
- fixed bugs and various improvements!
UPDATE CHRISTMAS EDITION
- Remade all levels to make them more fair and fun
- Added a startscreen and two modes(normal, chirstmas)
- Added new sprites and sound
- Added particle-effects to make it look awesome
- You have longer time to finish the game
- Fixed collsision on lava on the sides
- Patched holes on the top, I think most levels will not be escapable(lv 5 is escapable)
- A message will tell you that you have to hurry up at a certain score, so you you do know why you died.
- Made some levels a little easier
- Made the controls more stiff, but it it also made it easier to control the king
Thanks for playtesting and commenting! Stay awesome!