Trubble Bubble is my tribute to the Atari 800 game Bubble Trouble.
The game is currently in development but I have made available a one level demo to play around with.
The objective is to manoeuver the bubble around the bath, collecting enough (10) to float out of the water and into the next level.
Hazards come in the form of dirt, which will deplete your bubble count, or bumping into the fish or the diving nail brushes.
I noticed after I updated the cart on my Screen and Draw Palettes Demo thread that the post got bumped in the forum thread list with the message "[last person to post] replied 9 hours ago", when (a) they replied two months ago and (b) I updated the cart on the original post 9 hours ago.
(Yeah, that was really really belated. I was kind of embarrassed about the initial mistake.)
I'm not sure what's going on behind the scenes to display these timestamps but something like "Packbat updated a cartridge 9 hours ago" would be more accurate.
More over on Itch.io: https://geeitsomelaldy.itch.io/space-route-92
Welcome to Space Route 92, the most dangerous trade route in the cosmos!
Fight, Trade, Ferry or Flee across the system from station to station. Reach the Freedom Star with as much cash as you can... if you can survive the dangers along the way.
Avoid Asteroids, Clear Minefields, Salvage Wrecks or Carry Passengers. Make your money, buy new ships. Plan your loadouts carefully!
Hints and Tips
- The further you ferry passengers, the more money you make
- You get the bounty however you clear a mine, even if you ram it
- More Engine Power means your jump recharges faster
- Power Modules are split 3-ways between Weapons, Engines and Shields. If you don't have any Weapons it splits 2 ways between Engines and Shields.
- Damage taken to shields will be recharged when you reach a space station for free. Hull Repairs cost money.
- The Apex Shuttle can reach the Freedom Star on its own
I created a randomized chess, I hope you enjoy it. I thought about this concept when I was trying to find a variant of chess where a newbie could potentially win a very good player from time to time like in the Mario Kart series.
- Starting board is random for both players. One player could start with 17 queens while the other could have all pawns.
- Which player moves each turn is random.
- When a player tries a capture which of the pieces is captured (attacker or defender) is also random.
- You can play against a friend using the same controller or versus and AI.
- To be consistent with the rest of the game, the AI moves at random.
- The probabilities can be changed in the settings menu. For example if you want to make that captures succeed almost all the time but still fail from time to time you can set it to 90%.
- You can switch off all randomness in the settings menu to play something close to the classic chess.
Fight the Australian Bushfires, Save the Animals!
This short little game is dedicated to the volunteers and firefighters who help rescue and shelter wildlife affected by the Australian bushfires. As students we decided to start an initiative called #Games4Australia where we created a charity game in one week or less in order to raise awareness for the ongoing crisis. We ourselves are half a world away, but believe we can still have an impact.
Support the people fighting to rescue and shelter the wildlife go visit
Find out what you can do to help.
Are you an aspiring developer or professional then we urge to join our Games4Australia discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/X2vTrQr
We are looking to add more games: https://games4australia.weebly.com/
It has been one week and this has been what we were able to create. But we will mostly likely add more content in the following weeks. So be sure to follow on twitter: https://twitter.com/cubehamster for future updates.
This is my first release of pretty much anything game related. A fun proof-of-concept that lets you drive a train in a manner similar to the Japanese Densha de Go series of PlayStation games from 20+ years ago. Bonus forum points are awarded if the train is correctly identified as my local light rail system.
Learned a ton as I knew nothing about PICO-8 or Lua as of Christmas.
Huge thanks go to bridgs and her series of tutorials on YouTube. I bootstrapped myself based on her excellent content.
Click that link:
- General graphics pass to clean the map. Overlay of the overhead wires differently to get map space back.
- Implement a countdown timer and score mechanic.
- Different levels.
- Paralax scrolling of background elements.
- Implementation of speed limits and time penalties for speeding.
THIS map is from the JELPI demo written by ZEP
I recently wrote this rather nifty utility which will take a .p8 file, calculate all the sprites and the map, and then give you an option to save either as a .JPG or .PNG the entire visual map for reference. It is for WINDOWS and was requested HERE:
I am currently using MEDIAFIRE to host this file. If you can think of a better more reliable site to host it that would be fine.
You can find this utility HERE:
You can speed it up and skip the logo animations by hitting ESC once it first comes up.
It actually has a few debug stuff running which is nice to see.
Choosing a P8 file it shows:
- The sprite set, hit a key.
- A quick scan of all sprites, hit a key.
- The map image ready to save, hit a key.
- Filebox, save as PNG or JPG
- Done !
If you have any questions or suggestions for further Pico-8 tools, please let me know.
HOPE THIS HELPS !
I've just started working in P8 and I've noticed that audio doesn't seem to work inside the editor or while running the game. However, it does work when I'm using Splore. I've looked through the forums but haven't been able to find anyone else who's had an issue like this, so I hope it isn't just an issue with my computer.
My first successful cartridge! It's nothing more than a proof-of-concept for an idea, and a way to break me into programming for this console.
A small Pico-8 Motorcycle racing game with procedurally generated tracks. Compete against 7 other racers, but watch out for the cars!
Also available on Itch.io.
Special thanks to Nette for cleaning up some of the bad pixel art for this cart!
Z/C to drive, X to brake, Arrow keys to steer.
Apparently, I accidentally deleted this post a while ago, whoops!
- Procedurally generated tracks with hills, curves and field objects
- 3 Different Regions
- 6 Bike Styles
Sorry if this has already been posted, got a false positive for virus detection on Win10 when installing voxatron 0.3.5b.
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
Unsure if there's any other info I should jot down to help reproduce the issue, or if this is a big issue at all, but I thought I should report the issue in case it was important!
Im creates jump function in my game, but im dont know how to stop program.
This is the _jump() function code:
In comment, please tell me how to do this.
Im dont want to use "flip()".
This command doesnt stops program, only frames.
Please, help me!
on my laptop Voxatron not working!
My Laptop have:
-4 GB Ram
-Lots of memory
-Intel core i7
Is this graphic card error?
This message is shows if me running Voxatron:
The application has not been started properly (oxc000007b).
Sorry for spelling and other errors, I'm from Poland.
And again, please help me.
Im really buyed this app.
19 dollars = 76 zl
Lob! Lob! Lob!
In the year 30XD, there were... a bunch of tanks... that started... fighting!
Lob! Lob! Lob! is a Pico-8 demake of Scorched Earth, with mechanics that should be familiar to anyone who's played that game, or others like it (e.g. Tank Wars, Worms, etc...). It is a turn based tank battle game, where you select a weapon, set your angle and power and let it fly!
The game has support for up to 8 players or AI bots, in hot-seat multiplayer. Try out all seven weapons and 5 utilities!
Pixels, Design, Music and SFX by Nette
Also available on Itch.io.
- DPad: Move Camera
- Z: Item Select
- X: Aim Mode
Item Select Mode:
- DPad: Move cursor
- Z: Cancel, -> Camera Mode
- X: Select item, -> Camera Mode
- Left & Right: Change angle
- Up & Down: Change power
- Z: Camera Mode
- X: Fire
pixels by @ibiinagy
music by @AkosMandoki
made with ampk
Arctic wolf inspired platformer.
Find the puppy to win.