Hi there everybody,
I'd like to create a game and I found this lovely and powerful platoform.
- Once the game is finished could I run it on my website or it will be published just here?
- Is there any way to develop a game in portrait format? (1080x1920 pixels)
Anyone who can help I'd appreciate it! <3
Thanks and have a lovely day,
Hello!! After several months of work on and off, I am proud to share my first pico-8 game!
This is Skull Shooter, a demake/remake of the very first game I ever programmed in high school. It's a top down shmup with randomized enemies and two powerups.
Arrow keys to move, Z to shoot. Green enemies are worth bonus points, and every 50 points a boss enemy spawns that has more HP than regular enemies.
I used the song "Dimensional Rift" from Pico-8 Tunes Vol. 2 (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=33675) for the ingame music.
- Arrows: Move Chad's tractor
- Z: Shoot some grain (consumes 0.1 FARM per shot!)
- X: Speed boost (consumes fuel!)
- Collect some FARM using Chad's trusty tractor and make some gainz!
- Keep your tractor above a wheat field to collect some FARM
- Replenish your (bio) fuel by collecting beets
- Collect green candles (and avoid red ones!) to increase the FARM price
- Fences will hurt you: avoid them! (you can pass through them though)
- Crows will steal grain from the fields: be sure to shoot them before that happens!
- Fox will try to hit you and steal 15% of your FARM stock: avoid them or shoot them!
A golf-based puzzle game I am working on! So far there are only 3 levels but I am planning to add many more, including more types of objects. There is currently no music or sfx but I am planning to add those too, eventually.
- Collisions. The character can only walk on tiles with flag 0. Shout out to doc_robs he taught me mget , fget , and the whole grid system.
- Before I was drawing the edges myself but not anymore :D
A Celeste Template v2
Pls report any bugs cause I was kinda lazy so I didn't look through it while playing so some of it might be buggy
I'm sorry but I cannot post any previous versions for
This is a little tool for easily selecting and outputting characters from Pico 8's extended character set. You can build strings of any length and paste them as text using Ctrl+V or a right mouse click (on the BBS, you have to press Ctrl+C as well). I had some fun making it look like a version of the Pico-8 code editor with text characters as the icons, and since it's a pretty small program, I squeezed it down to fit in a tweet =).
Arrow buttons---Select character
X button--------Add to output string
So, I'm modding a game called Andy the Adventurer and making it into more of a spider man style thing. I want the player to be able to grab onto ledges. I've already made the code for making the player go up by four pixels, but what I need to do is get the coordinates of the nearest instance of a certain sprite. Closest to the player that is. It's the most efficient way to do it I think. I have a sprite specifically for ledge grabbing, and it's invisible. In the map editor, I place it directly next to any steep ledges. So yeah.
TLDR: How do I check the top-left corner location of the nearest instance of a sprite, to the player?
Still long, but better.
EDIT: I suppose a better question would be, how do I check if an x,y coordinate is inside a certain sprite on the map?