Follow
ChrisM
Help me Tweetcart Snake
by ChrisM
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #picogolf-2 | 2020-08-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

• stat tracking
  • speedrun mode

picogolf (currently) contains a single 9 hole course featuring a range of par 3, 4 and 5 holes. There are no settings, nothing gets saved, if you wanna play again, just reload the page.

It actually started out as a simple breakout clone... I'm not really sure what happened but here we are, I've had a great time working on it and I'm quite pleased with myself for actually finishing something for once.

Cheers
-Chris

Controls

while aiming...

left and right to aim
hold up to zoom out
press down to cycle through clubs
press X to cycle view modes between close up aim, distant aim, whole course and pin
press Z to start your shot

while preparing a shot...

press X to cancel if you haven't already started a shot
press Z to start your swing
press Z to indicate the power of your shot
press Z again to to set your shot accuracy, aim to be as close to the green marker as possible

while driving...

left and right to steer
hold Z or up to accelerate
hold down to brake
park up near the ball to take another shot

P#80676 2020-08-12 18:45 ( Edited 2020-08-19 17:20)

I've been working on a simple golf game on and off for the past week or so and I'm having a lot of fun. I'm not entirely sure what I want to include with it, but I'd like to try and make the gameplay mechanics slightly different to the "norm". I've got a few ideas written down and I'm keen to lock the scope of the project in place and start getting things done.

The course in the gif below is mixture of predefined variables and a procedural generation process which I'm excited to fill out a bit and I look forward to sharing more as and when!

P#79618 2020-07-19 18:29 ( Edited 2020-07-20 09:50)

Hi everyone,

I am using Pythagoras to work out the distance between two points. Unfortunately I am looking to work out the distance between two points that are quite a long way away from each other so I am finding that dxdx + dydy is pushing me over the 32k number limit.

Is there any way I can get around this?

Thanks

P#79609 2020-07-19 16:00

This is a very simple snake clone, left to turn left, right to turn right, collect the apples. If you hit your tail the game crashes (on purpose) and the score is shown.

I really wanna get it under 280 characters but I'm not sure I can really get it any further, so if you're up for it, I'd love to hear from you about how I can go further :)

265 chars (with a lot of help from remcode and jadelombax!)

d={}u,w,x,y=0,0,4,4
d={}u=0w=0y=4x=4
cls()::_::b=btn()w+=(b%2-b%4\2)/50
x+=1.5*cos(w)y+=sin(w)*1.5if(2<pget(x,y)or u<1)u+=1circ(l,m,2,0)l=rnd(99)m=rnd(99)
if(pget(x,y)>1)print(u)()
add(d,{x,y,2,u})for e in all(d)do e[4]-=.1pset(unpack(e))
if(e[4]<0)e[3]=1
end
circ(l,m,2,3)flip()goto _

Property descriptions

d = tail table
u = score
w = snake direction
x = snake x pos
y = snake y pos

l = apple x
m = apple y
P#79248 2020-07-13 12:52 ( Edited 2020-07-13 18:30)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-18 01:56:41 | 0.068s | Q:13