Follow
TRASEVOL_DOG

Hi! I make colorful stuff and video games for a living!
I love Pico-8!!

Find more of my stuff on these cool other platforms:
!! Twitter !!
!! Itch.io !!
!! WordPress !! (DevLog)
!! Twitch !!
!! Patreon !!

SHOW MORE

There is a Deluxe version of this game up on itch.io, which includes a Desktop Pet and a few wallpapers, for just 5$!

Cart #explorers-0 | 2020-12-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Explore an archipelago, encounter fellow explorers, and seduce and haggle with them to help you complete your map!

There is no time constraint, no danger, there's no gameover. Instead, this game proposes a calming experience of exploration and encounters. You can just stop playing when you feel satisfied. A play session will usually last 15 to 30 minutes.

Controls:

• arrows to move around
  • [o]/z to confirm dialogue options
  • [x]/x to look at your map

Official Trailer

If you like my work, please consider following me on Twitter, or even supporting me on Patreon! Thanks! :)

Enjoy!

P#82024 2020-09-20 19:57 ( Edited 2020-12-11 16:15)

SHOW MORE

Hi everyone!

So with the new tline function in Pico-8 0.2.0, it seems pretty obvious to start making mapped quadrilaterals and triangles, so I did just that.

Cart #trasevol_tquad_ttri-3 | 2020-05-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Both functions are independant from each other (i.e. can be used separately) and can be taken from the code here and used in any other project, with or without attribution. (I do appreciate it though! :))

The two functions are:

tquad(xa, ya, xb, yb, xc, yc, xd, yd, mx, my, w, h)
  mx and my are map coordinates (in tiles), and w and h are width and height in tiles. (so w=1 h=1 means drawing one whole tile)
  xa, ya, xb, yb, xc, yc, xd, yd are the screen coordinated for the corners of the quad to be drawn.
  please note that the correspondence with the map coordinates is ordered clockwise, as can be seen with ABCD on the top-right corner in the cart above.

ttri(xa, ya, xb, yb, xc, yc, sxa, sya, sxb, syb, sxc, syc)
  xa, ya, xb, yb, xc, yc are the screen coordinates for the corners of the triangle to be drawn.
  sxa, sya, sxb, syb, sxc, syc are the corresponding coordinates on the map to sample texture from.
  Those map coordinates are tile coordinates. (0.5, 0.5 means the middle of the top-most left-most tile on the map)

I wrote those functions to be fairly efficient, but I'm sure some better optimized alternatives will be coming very soon and we'll get a good-old thunderdome for tquad and ttri. Consider me happy to open the festivities!

Anyway that's it! I hope you have fun with this!

Remy 🍬

P#76381 2020-05-11 14:52 ( Edited 2020-05-11 17:15)

SHOW MORE

Cart #symmetry-0 | 2019-04-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I made this in ~3 hours for Nordic Game Jam 2019!
The theme was "that again", so I just went with symmetry and made a screensaver.
And here it is now, enjoy!

Trasevol_Dog

P#64024 2019-04-28 11:49

SHOW MORE

Cart #gifts_on_venus-1 | 2021-03-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Evil skulls have put explosive gifts all over Venus! Go and slash them off to save Venus!

Controls:
- Use arrow keys or D-Pad to move

• Use Z or the [O] button to slash
  • Slay all the gifts to move on to the next level
  • Do it before the timer gets to 0 or the gifts explode and it's game over!

Thank you to Chris Donnelly (@Gruber_Music) for making the music for this game! Support him!

Thank you also to all my own Patreon supporters whose support lets me make awesome things like this game!! Here are the name of all my 3$+ supporters:

Joseph White, Spaceling, rotatetranslate, Anne Le Clech, Wojciech Rak, HJS, slono, Austin East, Zachary Cook, Jefff, Meru, Bitzawolf, Paul Nguyen, Dan Lewis, Christian Östman, Dan Rees-Jones, Reza Esmaili, Andreas Bretteville, Joel Jorgensen, Marty Kovach, Giles Graham, Flo Devaux, Cole Smith, Thomas Wright, HERVAN, berkfrei, Tim and Alexandra Swast, Jearl, Chris McCluskey, Sam Loeschen, Pat LaBine, Collin Caldwell, Andrew Reitano, Qristy Overton, Finn Ellis, amy, Brent Werness, yunowadidis-musik, Max Cahill, hushcoil, Jacel the Thing, Gruber, Pierre B., Sean S. LeBlanc, Andrew Reist, vaporstack, Jakub Wasilewski

Special thanks to Joseph White and Spaceling for being at the 16$ reward tier!

- Follow me
- Read my devlogs
- Support me <3

P#60313 2018-12-24 14:00 ( Edited 2021-03-08 15:42)

SHOW MORE

Cart #57201 | 2018-09-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My goal was to make something meaningful because that's the direction I want my work to take in the future. The result is very experimental, super short and quite imperfect. But I do like it, and I hope you do too! :)

Controls:

• Use the arrow keys on a keyboard or the left joystick on a controller to move the selected hand.
  • Move it to the highlighted spot on the screen.
  • Embrace whatever is in front of you.

Play more of my games!

Follow me on Twitter!

Read about my indiedev adventure!

Support me on Patreon! (pretty please)

P#57202 2018-09-28 08:57 ( Edited 2018-10-05 08:54)

SHOW MORE

Cart #55036 | 2018-08-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

It's like Tetris except the game doesn't really care.

Made in 2 hours for Ludum Dare 42 compo!

Controls:

• Left Right to move tetramino horizontally
  • Hold Down to make fall faster
  • Double-Tap Down to plummet
  • Up to rotate
  • or Z and X to rotate
  • On game over, hold Z and X to start again!

Thanking my Patreon supporters for their continued support allowing me to keep on making video games and other weird stuff! Here are some names!

Alan Oliver, amy, Andreas Bretteville, Andrew Reist, Andrew Reitano, Anne Le Clech, Austin East, berkfrei, Bitzawolf, Brent Werness, Chris McCluskey, Christian Östman, Cole Smith, Collin Caldwell, Dan Lewis, Dan Rees-Jones, Dave Hoffman, Finn Ellis, Flo Devaux, Giles Graham, HERVAN, hushcoil, Jacel the Thing, Jakub Wasilewski, Jearl, Jefff, Jeremy Bouin, Jesse Bergerstock, Joel Jorgensen, Joseph White, Marcin Majewski, Marty Kovach, Max Cahill, Meru, Paul Nguyen, Pierre B., Qristy Overton, Reza Esmaili, rotatetranslate, Ryan Malm, Sasha Bilton, Sean S. LeBlanc, Thomas Wright, Tim and Alexandra Swast, vaporstack, Zachary Cook

P#55037 2018-08-12 19:39 ( Edited 2018-08-13 17:14)

SHOW MORE

・ 。
        ☆∴。 
        ・゚
。★・゚。・
         ・ ゚。  
         ・ ゚。・゚。 ゚。・゚★。
          ☆゚・。°. ゚ ☆゚・
          ゚。·
・。 ゚ ゚。·・。 ゚
          ゚
.。☆。★ ・ .。☆。★ ・

☆ 。・゚.。 ☆ 。・゚.。

★ ゚・。  ★ ゚・。
           ・  ゚☆ 。・゚
. ★ ゚・。 ・  ゚
            。・゚. ★ ゚・。 。・゚. ★ ゚・。

Cart #51372 | 2018-04-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Based on a Twitter meme that will definitely die in a few days.

Get the executables on Itch.io! (+web version with better mouse control)

Support me on Patreon!

Follow me on Twitter!

Enjoy!

P#51373 2018-04-06 19:06 ( Edited 2018-04-27 07:42)

SHOW MORE

Cart #47771 | 2017-12-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Grab a friend/family-member/stranger, two controllers and it's time to play Just Hit The Ball!

A very simple 2D volley game, kindof!

Finished in time for the last end-of-the-year celebration! (except for the third of the planet that's already in 2018, oops)

I got my grandma to play it, which was unexpected, so I can assert that this game is For The Whole Family!

Please consider supporting me on Patreon! Thank you!

P#47772 2017-12-31 12:33 ( Edited 2018-10-05 23:51)

SHOW MORE

(you can press [o] to remove the flying text)

Wishing everyone health, happiness, less bugs and some super good end-of-the-year holidays!!

And to a much better 2018, full of Pico-8 prototypes and demos! Cheers!!!

TRASEVOL_DOG

P#47666 2017-12-24 20:17 ( Edited 2017-12-30 10:54)

SHOW MORE

Cart #47134 | 2017-12-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi! This game contains flashy graphics and if you happen to have photosensitive epilepsy I would recommend not playing this game, sorry! :X

Walking through the forest feels great! But sometimes you get a little hungry... You're in luck though, because the forest is here for you in... Mushroom Délicieux!

The only controls are the arrow keys!

This is my entry to Ludum Dare #40! Jam mode because I ran out of time for Compo! ><

If you participated to Ludum Dare 40 as well, please rate the game and let me know what you think over on the Ludum Dare page!
I you didn't participate, you can just let me know what you think here! :D

Have fun!

P#47097 2017-12-04 21:48 ( Edited 2018-02-21 18:42)

SHOW MORE

My entry to the 0h game jam!

It's not suuuper fleshed out but hey, it was made in only 0 hour so... I think I did ok!

0hgame.eu

P#45571 2017-10-28 21:23 ( Edited 2017-10-29 03:52)

SHOW MORE

Wander through the Lands Of Yocta on this strange night.

controls
z,x: rotate
arrows: walk
double-tap up: run

~

This is my latest Pico-8 voxel tech demo! It has a completely homemade voxel engine which you can totally borrow if you want to!
Also, you can (and should) read about the tech side of this project in this terribly long walkthrough!

And I do weekly Pico-8 tech write-ups on that blog now, so bookmark it or something! ;D

~

Special thanks to my generous 'Super Helper' tier Patreon patrons:
Ryan Malm
Adam M. Smith

If you like this project, the write-up about it and/or any of the other stuff I make, please consider supporting me on Patreon! Even 1$ helps!!

edit: fixed article link!

P#41198 2017-06-01 00:16 ( Edited 2017-06-08 11:31)

SHOW MORE

Cart #38613 | 2017-03-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

(please note: you can eat the fruits to heal yourself)

Will you enter the dungeon? Will you survive? Will you make fat stacks of $$$? Will you transform Gar's Den into Player's Den???

Here's what's on the dungeon's pamphlet:
-> Enter Gar's lair
-> Destroy his minions
-> meet the shopkeeper
-> plant your garden
-> ???
-> profit
(-> ???
-> kill Gar)

Controls:
[o]/z ~ action + slash
[x]/x ~ inventory navigation (hold, then use arrows)
[arrow keys] ~ move around

This is my entry to 7DRL! Or at least it would be if I actually had done it in 7 days. I took 14 days instead. (a third of them was spent on saving tokens)

Still a pretty big project for 14 days! I hope you enjoy it! Please report bugs if you find any. And if you think the pacing of the game is off, also tell, I may do a fix for that in the next few days.

If you like it, please consider supporting me by donating on the Itch.io page or on my Patreon! Plus if you support me on Patreon, you get access to cool articles about underrated coding techniques! :)

edit: fixed doors sending you into walls

P#38431 2017-03-20 00:12 ( Edited 2017-03-23 20:46)

SHOW MORE

Cart #37036 | 2017-02-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Animate tiny 8x8 people and things in Tiny Animator! (comes with Pico-8 sprites exporter)

(it should work ok here on the BBS but prefer downloading the cart and loading it in Pico-8, it'll work better)

With this tool you can create your own animations, using the base humanoid model or your own (instructions further below), put an imported skin on it and export the generated sprites, either to a png or to your clipboard as formatted sprites that you can directly paste into your Pico-8 sprite-sheet. And you can also save and load your animations using the clipboard!

EDIT: it seems, the use of the clipboard on the BBS is pretty buggy so if you wanna use the saving, importing and exporting features, please download the cart (right click on "cart" in bottom-left corner of the player and "save link as...").

The best way to understand the editor should be to use it but here are a few things you may want to know to use saves, skins and custom models:

After hitting the save button, you can ctrl+V in a text file and that's your save. To load it: select it, ctrl+C, go back onto Tiny Animator, ctrl+V and hit the load button!

You can import skins to apply to your animation. To do this, simply make a skin based on the shape your using (the humanoid one by default) in Pico-8. Then ctrl+C your 8x8 tile containing the skin, get back in Tiny Animator, ctrl+V and hit one of the free skin buttons.

You can also use a custom base! Be warned, doing so will reset the rest of the editor. Like for the skins, you want to draw your base in the sprite-sheet and then copy it to the animator and hit the base button. If you want to have your base all linked up like the default one, you simply gotta make sure each pair of pixels which should be connected have consecutive colors (e.g.: 4 and 5). Prefer to go from the color 1 and up with each link. The pixel of lowest color will serve as anchor point to move all connected points as one.

'fpf' is Frames Per animation Frames. It's the number of Pico-8 frames (running at 30 fps) between each animation frame. 3 or 4 are generally good values but you may want a 6 or higher for rougher animations. (you can also play your animations backward with negative numbers)

[End of instructions]

To read and write Pico-8-formatted sprites, Tiny Animator uses the Pico-8 & BBS feature that lets you copy sprite on the BBS and back again in Pico-8. So here are a few skins and bases you should be able to use in Tiny Animator! Press the '[8x8]' on the side of the sprites and hit ctrl+C, then get back into Tiny Animator, hit ctrl+V and hit one of the empty skin cases! Or hit the base case if you want to change the base!

[0x0]
[0x0]
[0x0]

Alternative base:
[0x0]
[0x0]
[0x0]

Alternative base #2:
[0x0]
[0x0]
[0x0]

This was going to be a personal tool but it drew way more attention than I expected when I posted a first gif of it on Twitter, so I decided to make it better than I previously thought and then release it publicly. It ended up taking a week and I'm pretty happy with result!

Feel free to leave suggestions! I might not implement them but they are still interesting to me!

Also feel free to share animation saves! ;D (put them between '[hiden]' and '[/hidden]' though)

If you like Tiny Animator, please consider supporting me on Patreon, where your support will let me make more cool stuff like this! (there's also exclusive content! ;D)

P#37039 2017-02-01 22:03 ( Edited 2017-04-14 12:45)

SHOW MORE

The results are in!

But first, I really want to thank all the participants because all of you made this jam amazing!!! There were 59 entries plus a late one! And they're all so good!! So thank you to all the participants, thank you for making amazing tiny games and amazing tiny TVs, and also, thank you for spreading the word about the jam so more people could get in!

I also want to thank Zep for helping with the judging and the results and also putting a shortcut to the jam's thread at the top of the forum! Also Zep, thank you for Pico-8!!! :D

Without further-a-do, the results!

And the winning tiny-game-and-TV is...
Caves of Izrod by ilkke!

Cart #36174 | 2017-01-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

ilkke, I invite you to message me on Twitter or send a mail at [email protected] to give me the coordinates at which the glorious commemorative prize shall be received!

Close behind were guerragames' Tiny Dr. Piccolo and then JustBurner's Nostalgia Tetris!

In 4th, 5th and 6th positions were frescogusto's DRILLO XS, kittenm4ster's Mr. Mineman Goes To Mars and TheTomster's AppleTown!

All of these 6 games are well worth your time and you should play them if you haven't already!

And if you still don't have enough with these six, all the other #tinyTVjam entries can still be found there and a lot of them are really lovely!!!

If you enjoyed this jam and would like me to make another one, you can also support me on Patreon to increase the chances of this happening in 2017!

Hosting this jam has been a pleasure! Thank you again to all of you participants and also to the onlookers who passed the word around!!!

P#36937 2017-01-30 20:29 ( Edited 2017-02-01 00:03)

SHOW MORE

Cart #36418 | 2017-01-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

~ RunGirl ~

My own entry to Tiny-TV Jam! :D

Controls are on the screen!
Enjoy the game!

P#36414 2017-01-22 18:39 ( Edited 2017-01-24 15:41)

SHOW MORE

Cart #35256 | 2017-01-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

You are all invited to the Tiny-TV Jam, a Pico-8 gamejam in which you'll have to make a tiny game for a tiny TV!

!!!!! ~ The Jam Is Done ~ !!!!!

!!! ~ Thank You So Much ~ !!!

!!! ~ For All The Tiny Games And The Tiny TVs ~ !!!

!! ~ The Results Will Be Coming Shortly ~ !!

Here is the base cart:

I fixed the fix because it was stealing 7% of CPU from you when the TV was on, sorry about that. Also, no more weird screen display thanks to qbicfeet!

Here are the instructions to use the cart:
I know the instructions are intimidating but it's actually easier than it looks. If you're hesitating, please give it a go and see how it turns out. If you have any question, feel free to ask here.

tiny tv base cart instructions:

On the limitations:
The main limitation is of course the 10x11 screen resolution.
But there is also the regular CPU limitation which already ~70-75% filled by the TV rendering. The remaining 25% will need to be enough (it should be largely enough in most cases) for your games. Otherwise, consider reskinning your TV to something lighter (see "on the sprite-sheet" section).

Those are the only limitations for the jam but of course, regular Pico-8 restrictions apply as well.

The TV can be turned on and off with the player2's 'O' button ('tab' on a keyboard) or through the pause menu (hit 'enter').

On the cart's code:
At the beginning of the cart there are a few variables you can set only once and only there:

• tv_transparency_col
    ....that's the transparency color on your voxel TV plans.
    ....It's only useful if you wish to reskin your TV.

• tv_screen_height
    ....that's the height of the middle of the TV screen.
    ....Again, this is only useful if you wish to reskin your TV.

• tv_player2btn_turnon
    ....when set to true, 'tab' on a keyboard will let you turn the tv on and off

Then, there are variables you can change whenever in your code:

• tv_angle
    ....rotation around the y axis (0-1, NOT 0-360 or 0-pi)

• tv_anglespd
    this variable is added to tv_angle each frame

• tv_xoffset
  • tv_yoffset
    ....x and y offset of the TV on the Pico-8 screen

• tv_fakevangle
    ....because I'm not that good at maths, I couldn't figure out rotation around the x axis.
    ....instead you have this fake rotation which is very limited and can take values from -1 to 1.
    ....sorry about that.

• tv_debug
    ....when set to true, the memory and the cpu used by the cart will be displayed at the top-left corner of the screen

These variables are also used by the base cart, which will automatically recenter the tv and direct it towards you. This can be ignored by setting these variables again each frame.

Next are the base functions of your game: _game_init(), _game_update(), _game_draw(). They behave exactly like the regular _init(), _update() and _draw() functions except _game_init() is called when the tv is turned on.

_game_shutdown() is called when turning off the TV.
_set_screen_text() lets you add static text around your tv. it uses the tv_add_text function:

• tv_add_text(text,x,y,alignment[,color0,color1])
    ....sets static text to be displayed on the Pico-8 screen.
    ....alignment can be 0: aligned left
    ...............................1: aligned center
    ...............................2: aligned right

Both _game_shutdown() and _set_screen_text() are optional and can be deleted if you don't wish to use them.

Then there is space for your own functions but you can put them before that if you like.

And then there are the base cart's internal functions which you should not change. Changing these functions is against the rules of the jam. Please don't do it.

Note: the TV can be turned on/off in the code by calling 'tv_turn_onoff()'

On sound:
The base cart calls sfx(0) and sfx(1) upon turning on and off the tv. You can of course change these sfx to whatever you like.

You are free to use as many sfx as you normally can in Pico-8 and same thing for the music!

On the sprite-sheet and the map: (+reskinning TV)
The base cart uses the second half of the sprite-sheet (which is also the second half of the map) as voxel layers for the TV and also for the tile in the background.
You are invited to modify these layers and reskin your tv this way.
If you do so, don't forget to set the tv_transparency_col and tv_screen_height variables if needed.
Note that if black cells are in the screen frame, they will get the screen color, whatever their depth.
Also note that the rendering of the TV renders all non-transparent cells and that is heavy on CPU so try to do empty cases rather than filled ones (i.e. do like it is done on the base cart).

You are also invited to change the background tile.

You are free to use the free half of the sprite-sheet as well as the free half of the map, as you like!

On jamming:
Most important instruction here: when participating to the jam, please make sure to... have fun!!!

[ end of the instructions ]

Here is a video alternative version of the instructions: (sorry for the not-very-good audio :X)

To clarify:
You are more than welcome to customize both your TV and the tiles that are displayed in the background. However, you are not allowed to modify the voxel data and/or the background tiles at runtime.

And here are two reskins if you are into that! You need to click on the [128x64], hit ctrl+c then go to pico-8, sprite-sheet tab 2, first cell there and hit ctrl-v! Don't forget to change the tv_transparency_col and tv_screen_height!

The Strawberry TV skin: tv_transparency_col=4 tv_screen_height=12
[0x0]

The Space Arcade Cabinet skin: tv_transparency_col=11 tv_screen_height=14
[0x0]

Reminder:
Entries need to be upload here on the BBS, in the Jam section. The created BBS thread needs to be tagged "tinyTVjam"!

If anyone is encountering any problem with the base cart, please report it here as soon as possible!

This is all there is to know.
Good luck and have fun every one!

About the jam:

What: Over a week ago I did a Pico-8 doodle starring a voxel TV on which you could play a tiny Pong on the 10x11 screen. It was then suggested to me to make a jam out of this. This is the invite to this jam.

When: The jam will take place from the January 14th on 00:00 GMT to the January 22th at 24:00 GMT! That would leave you 2 weekends and 5 week days. Spend as much or little time as you need on your carts. You do not have to make something super impressive or anything, it really only has to be something.

Where: Here on the BBS, in the Jam section.

Who: ALL OF YOU!!! You don't have to know Pico-8 super well to participate in this jam. Pico-8 beginners are super welcome! Don't be shy to submit either, you have nothing to lose in it!!

How: A framework cart will be provided at the very start of the jam, with a how-to-use-it guide, stating what you can and can't change along with a few guidelines. The TV will be customizable but the screen resolution will have to stay at 10x11. Expect to be a bit limited in terms of allowed ram. By the way, the invite cart does not use the final framework at all. Teams and collaborations are allowed. There will not be any theme, just make a game for the tiny screen.

Submitting: You will be able to submit your cart before the deadline by creating a Jam thread with "tinyTVjam" in its tags. You can update your cart as many times as you like until the deadline.

Voting: The voting widget used for the p8jam will appear on all threads tagged #tinyTVjam. Voting will be anonymous and it will last the one week just after the jam finished. The results will be announced at the end of the voting period.

What do you win if you win: The high respect and appreciation from the community. And maybe a little surprise. But above all, the aim here is to have fun and make something cool!

During and after the jam, you will be able to browse through the entries from here.

edit ~ Here are some more details that were given further in this thread:

• you can have as much love and instructions as you want in the description of your games.
  • you will also be able to have some static text outside the tv but nothing dynamic.
  • you can have all the normal controls of Pico-8. The TV will be turned on either with the Player-2-buttons if you don't use them, either with a pause menu option.
  • the maximum width for the tv screen is 10 and the maximum height is 11 but you can use less than that if you want to.
P#35207 2017-01-07 22:14 ( Edited 2017-01-31 01:01)

SHOW MORE

! ALL THE DOODLES CAN BE DOWNLOADED IN ONE PACK OVER ON ITCH.IO !

Hi!

These are 45 experimental Pico-8 tiny programs, exploring a variety of effects and simple ideas.

I've been making these for a bit over two months now. The idea is to try out an idea, a visual effect, a generation algorithm, a quick mini-game... whatever it is that's tickling my mind at the time and do it in one sitting of 30 minutes to 4-5 hours.

After I'm done I upload a gif of the result to my Twitter, @TRASEVOL_DOG. (you should follow me, I have more doodles coming and also I make video games)

That's how every single one of these 45 doodles have been made.

Feel free to use any effect in your own creations, and if you do, let me know about it here on the BBS or through Twitter!

You can download all the doodles from the Itch.io page!
I you like this, you can also donate a few dollars on the Itch.io page, it would help a lot and I promise I'll use them well!

Enjoy the doodles!!
And happy holidays everyone!!!

ps: I am sincerely very sorry about flooding the splore, I only realized it would have that consequence halfway through uploading these (it was already way too late).

Please note that the doodles are in the alphabetical order after the first one.

Also, some of these are interactive! When one is, the controls will be indicated in the first few lines of the code!

Cart #34142 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34143 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34144 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34145 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34146 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34148 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34149 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34150 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34151 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34152 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34153 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34154 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34155 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34156 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34157 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34158 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34159 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34160 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34161 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34162 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34164 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34165 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34166 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34167 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34168 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34169 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34170 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34171 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34172 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34173 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34174 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34175 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34177 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34178 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34179 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34180 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34181 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34182 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34183 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34184 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34185 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34186 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34187 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #34188 | 2016-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

P#34140 2016-12-25 19:14 ( Edited 2016-12-29 10:50)

SHOW MORE

Explore a mysterious and exciting dungeon filled with exciting mysteries without ever leaving the same room!

Why would you change rooms when clearly this one has all the danger and excitement and danger that one could possibly need?!

Come to the One Room Dungeon and live the rest of your newly mysterious-and-exciting life there!!!

One Room Dungeon is my entry to Ludum Dare #37, of which the theme was 'One Room'!

It's definitely my most ambitious LD entry so far and I'm very happy with it too! Sadly I had to rush the audio a bit towards the end because time was going faster somehow.

The game is also on Itch.io and of course there's the Ludum Dare submission!

Feedback is most welcome, especially on the Ludum Dare page!

Enjoy!

Edit: If you are interested, I wrote a post-mortem about this game and the making of this game!

Thank you to everyone who played the game and thank you again if you leaved some feedback! :)

Jam version:

Cart #33374 | 2016-12-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

P#33373 2016-12-11 22:12 ( Edited 2018-05-10 18:58)

SHOW MORE

Press 'Z' to generate a new island.

This is my entry to ProcJam 2016!

Feel free to have a read on the code of this thing. The voxel drawing part should be very easy to extract from the rest.

The first quarter (first spritesheet tab in the editor) serves as a map for the voxel drawing, using layers of 16x16 pixels.
The island is generated using custom cellular automata, each layer being a new step based on the previous one.
The seasons are all about reading the voxel map and replacing the colors.
The name generation is super rudimentary, check out the code if you're interested it's something like 20 lines.

Feel free also to leave a donation on the Itch.io page if you are so inclined. :)

P#32450 2016-11-13 19:48 ( Edited 2018-11-19 11:45)

View Older Posts
Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-19 08:40:54 | 0.167s | Q:166