@hwd2002

Follow
Follow

Oldest of 7 kids in my family. Not a very good programmer, but I enjoy it.

My main computing device, a Raspberry Pi 3B, just got "upgraded" to an old netbook i fixed up. It is running Windows XP, and while this setup works perfectly for most everything I need, Splore has had a few issues.
I can view and update the threads, search, and do everything except run the carts from the BBS. The Label images are shown and downloaded in the bbs folder, but no code is downloaded. When I try to run a cart, it says it can't connect to bbs. The log file shows this error:

codo_wget failed: UrlHandle == 0

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Pico-8 many different ways, and it isn't the Firewall, so if anybody has any ideas that would be great.
If nobody knows either, that is fine. This is really more of a small bother than anything else.

P#64245 2019-05-08 21:28

Cart [#pzone_1-0#] | Code | 2019-02-26 | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA | Embed

My attempt at recreating a Battlezone(ish) game. Battlezone has always been one of my favorite games. If someone wants to do the sound effects that would be great. I just am terrible at that kind of thing, so I didn't want to butcher it.

Drive the most advanced and realistic tank simulator since the bulldozer. Hide behind various (two) creatively designed geometric shapes on the battlefield and battle numerous (three) types of enemies. Wonder why the lava on the volcano is green.

Controls:

• Arrow keys to drive tank or select menu option
  • X key to fire
  • Z key to select on menu
    Optional:
  • Tab button to change to third person view
  • P2 left and right to turn turret
  • P2 Down to fire
  • P2 Up to turn tank body toward turret

P.S. You can swap the colors to the Gameboy color scheme from the menu.

Thanks to jdan for the demo I adapted to make this: https://lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=4126
Also the font is Pineapple's from: https://lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=2783
And my brother Phin for some of the art.

P#62288 2019-02-26 22:24 ( Edited 2019-03-01 02:10)

Cart [#shmup_ai_1-1#] | Code | 2019-02-13 | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA | Embed

This is a simple script to control a player's ship in a shoot-em-up. It moves in a similar manner to magnets, it will try to go away from danger, but be pushed harder by closer objects, usually allowing it to squeeze through small gaps relatively accurately. This idea has been floating around in my noggin for quite some time now, and I thought i might give it a try. I honestly have no idea what this could be used for, but feel free to use it and tell me about it.

Features:

• Powerup attraction
  • Pretty good enemy avoidance
  • Target tracking and basic movement prediction
  • Y axis movement
  • Tweakable variables(In Code)
  • Some code to tweak variables automatically (Pause Menu)
  • Messy Code!

I tried it in a few games, with mixed results:

P.A.T. Shooter, by Benjamin_Soul

Cart [#pat_shooter_wingman_mod-0#] | Code | 2019-02-13 | No License | Embed

The script is not as good here, as the game is seriously hardcore after the first few waves, but I added it in as a wingman.
Also changed the Menu screen, as I like Battlezone.

They Started It, by JoeySpaceRocks

Cart [#they_started_it_nonplayable-0#] | Code | 2019-02-13 | No License | Embed

The script is better at this fast paced gameplay. I am not too good though.

If the original creators of these games want them taken down, no problem.

P#61841 2019-02-13 11:46 ( Edited 2019-02-13 12:11)

Cart [#54893#] | Code | 2018-08-09 | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA | Embed

Just a simple program I made to test the limits of the LS() command. It cannot see anything other than .p8 and .png files because of the LS() program's limitations. It can load another program and run it if it is in the carts directory. You can also return to it again from that cart in the menu.

You must download it for it to see anything.

P#54894 2018-08-09 07:02 ( Edited 2018-08-21 01:51)

Cart [#57703#] | Code | 2018-10-08 | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA | Embed

Controls are:
Up to speed up
Down to slow down
Left to rotate left
Right to rotate right
X to fire
Z to auto-land
Don't kill the cow!
Blue with pink wings are allies, while Pink with blue wings are enemies.
You have limited ammo, so you need to land to refill and get your HP up.
All weapons can only hit enemies, no friendly fire. This includes bombs from bombers.

Please report any bugs or tweaks I need to fix/incorporate.

Credit goes to the Sopwith team for their amazing and still fun game I love and play, Bombsight Games, witch I also love to play their Pocket Squadron game as a bomber(I can hit multiple enemy planes with one bomb!) and my brother Finn, who redrew the menu art.

P.S. you can install Sopwith on most Linux machines by running:
sudo apt-get install sopwith
and the PocketSquadron Website:
https://bombsightgames.com/games/view/3/

P#54293 2018-07-19 14:48 ( Edited 2018-10-08 21:28)

Cart [#57851#] | Code | 2018-10-12 | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA | Embed

Bug Fix: Mouse was offset in the web browser, hope that fixed it.

Note: If you just see sky, scroll down with the down arrow, and vice versa if there is dirt and stone everywhere.
Added basic terrain generation to my earlier project, not sure if there is a normal way to do it but I think it works okay. This is my second version of the terrain generator, the first is, different. It might be preferable in some cases.

So far just a test I am doing to make a very complex system of interactions as an exercise for myself. Uses blocks telling other blocks to update, and the updating block acts accordingly. You can see witch blocks are updating if you enable debug mode in the pause menu or code. The controls are:
Mouse moves cursor.
Left click draws or selects from hotbar.
Right click selects what the cursor is over.
Arrow keys/Dpad scrolls map.

I hope to add more later. Tell me what you think in the comments. Thanks!
Feel free to modify and share. Just give me credit in the description.

P#53329 2018-06-06 15:18 ( Edited 2018-12-15 13:47)

About | Contact | Updates | Terms of Use
Follow Lexaloffle:        
Generated 2019-08-26 03:06 | 0.175s | 4194k | Q:89