Follow
Maeve
Train Journey: coming soon! Here's the demo :)
by Maeve
:: Unfold ::

Cart #tj_demo_main-2 | 2022-09-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

HI THERE!!! ヾ(•ω•`)o

(I might've messed the formatting up, so I may have to edit this a few times)

So I've been working on this project for a little over a year and now it's almost time to release it! I'm SUPER excited!!!
o(≧∀≦)o
Above, you can play the demo. It contains the first two levels of the game and cuts off at the third. I hope you enjoy it! And lemme know if something goes wrong while playing it.

The concept originally came to me from a piece of artwork in the Famicase gallery (I think it was either the 2018 or 2019 one). The cart was called "TrainTrip". There wasn't a very detailed description of the artwork, so I started thinking up something very different from what one might expect based on that description. It eventually branched off so far and became such a big project for me, so I changed the name slightly, but kept it similar as a reference to the original artwork. Some other big inspirations for me were Kaiba, Night on the Galactic Railroad, and Galaxy Express 999, all of which feature a protagonist who is taken across different lands, but who has no control over the vehicle they ride or where they go (and yes, two of which feature trains). Obviously, I highly recommend those three animations.

Oh and here's a trailer:

(* ̄v ̄)つ

https://youtu.be/tPRZkuDq-EM

And here's a playlist with the soundtrack:

I'll only upload music from the demo until the full game is out)
(。・∀・)ノ

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvqyTqffzGlsk-PgMheDmQLEPgt9tl3vl

Aaand here's some cool art I made:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

OK!! Thanks for coming to see my post!! I reeally appreciate it! <3

╰(°▽°)╯ <(Bye-bye!)

P#117558 2022-09-17 05:41 ( Edited 2022-09-17 16:40)

Cart #eftal-3 | 2021-03-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Optional background: (Contains spoilers for the Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind books by Hayao Miyazaki!)

After the "Seven Days of Fire," a global war that ended all forms of industrial civilization when it was at its climax, civilization was reformed somewhat into the kingdom of Eftal which retained many of the technological wonders from before the event. Close to 700 years after the Seven Days of Fire, disagreements over the right to the throne and attempts to destroy the spreading toxic jungle that had appeared just after the apocalypse resulted in the kingdom's near-complete destruction.

The insects which reside in the jungle were enraged by the constant attacks on it, and a surge of insects-- including the king insects of the jungle, the Ohmu-- overtook the capital city of Eftal and nearby lands, becoming seedbeds for the fungus of the jungle. Those that survived this tidal wave of forest and insect (called a Daikaisho) either became a tribe of mercenaries or entered the forest which they call their home, surviving off of a symbiotic relationship with the plants and insects that live there.

Based on Hayao Miyazaki's Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

P#88189 2021-02-26 05:07 ( Edited 2021-03-15 15:16)

Cart #catwalk-3 | 2021-02-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first PICO-8 game!

It's also my first non-endless-arcade-type game really.
Let me know what you think!
<3

P#87082 2021-02-01 17:30 ( Edited 2021-02-08 22:55)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2022-11-26 08:28:14 | 0.067s | Q:18