Follow
Treveron
[ :: Read More :: ]

The GMTK came and went and I've spent the last couple of weeks trying to polish the game to make it a little more cohesive. Added features include:

• Persistent High Score
  • Fixed Power Up options
  • More powerfull Power ups every 5 levels
  • Balanced difficulty curve
  • More confortable controls for touchscreens
    And most importantly:
  • 2 Player mode!

Use the keyboard to control one of the ships! But beware, player2! Shooting will still be under a timer and if you get destroyed you will have to wait for cooldown!

This was a wonderfull experience and I hope you really enjoy this little project.

​Off to the stars!

Cart #asteroidont-2 | 2023-07-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

P#132185 2023-07-21 08:33 ( Edited 2023-07-21 09:14)

Cart #asteroidont-0 | 2023-07-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My entry for this year's (2023) GMTK Game Jam, which theme was "Roles Reversed".

What happens when the space rocks from the classic Asteroids strike back? Click on the asteroids to stir them into those pesky ships, earn experience and improve!

Made in 48 hours, this is my first jam and I'm quite happy with the result. Probably will come back to it to continue working on it. Let me know what you think!

P#131813 2023-07-10 19:31

Cart #diefence-0 | 2023-06-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first game, Diefence, is out!
[16x16]

This was meant to be my ntry for last year's GMTK jam, but I was still very much a noob with Pico-8. The idea kinda stuck, so I waited until I learnt enough (thanks to all of you guys!) and began coding it. I took around three months in which I tried to code at least half an hour a day.

Diefence is a simple Tower defence. Place your soldiers in front of the wall to your village to defeat the attackers!
The catch? You soldiers are dice, and you have to roll them to see which one you get!

• 1s have deal low close quarters damage but make the roll bar charge faster.
  • 2s have a high close quarters damage
  • 3s have a ranged attack
  • 4s do not attack but have a very high hp
  • 5s both heal allies around them and hurt enemies around them

If you roll a 6 you can upgrade your soldiers or, if they are already upgraded, heal them!

The game as it is right now is completely finished, but, since it can be SEVERELY optimized code-wise, I will probably save hundreds of tokens and be able to add more content later down the road.

So, I hope you like it and let me know what you think!

Roll out!

P#130753 2023-06-10 09:11