Follow
merwok
SHOW MORE

Looking at lucky draw and the game with bbs thread title "Fit" Santa (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=fit_santa_00-1) was displayed with & quot ; (can’t type it here even in backticks!)

P#104999 2022-01-13 16:36 ( Edited 2022-01-13 16:37)

SHOW MORE

In game code, calling ls() only returns names of cart files.

To make it possible to write local game launchers and other mini-splores, it would be nice to have a way to get directories too (some of us are hoarders and have to organize carts).

Ideas:

ls()     -- same as now
ls(0x2)  -- get directories only
ls(0x3)  -- (maybe) get other kinds of files
         -- (for art tools and such, to build dialogs instead of -i / stdin / drag n drop)

-- or
ls()     -- unchanged
lsdir()  -- new

-- will also need `cd(path)` to go there and list carts, or `ls(path)`

Thanks for considering this!

P#104923 2022-01-12 22:32

SHOW MORE

Would be useful to have an export option (in the console and in the command-line interface) to get the label image as a PNG, to print labels for physical carts or for emulation frontend metadata for example. Could be 'export game.label.png', using the same resolution as GIFs.

P#97250 2021-09-13 00:37

SHOW MORE

To ease the workflow of developing with p8 file, then saving as PNG for sharing, it would be really useful to have a command-line switch to save as PNG (combined with the positional parameter that loads a cart), for example: pico8 game.p8 -save game.png

This would behave like 'SAVE game.png' in the console, adding the .p8 string in the middle, but not prompting for overwrite confirmation (goal is headless/automatic conversion, like -export — of course errors are possible if the cart doesn’t respect limits).

Rationale: I find myself working with both P8 and PNG carts for the same game/project, using the P8 file as authoritative version (limits don’t prevent saving + compatible with all text tools) and also saving as PNG to see what the label looks like and share it when desired. It is cumbersome to work with the P8, save, save as png, confirm overwrite, then have to remember to load the P8 to avoid that the next save saves PNG then have to overwrite the P8. I would prefer to consider the PNG form a compiled form that I don’t edit, and avoid human mistakes by saving it using a command line or makefile.

Another use case from Sam Hocevar on discord: he wanted to convert P8 to PNG to study the compression algo, and had to resort to export to JS, extract cart data, serialise it, save in blank cart, which is quite convoluted.

P#77606 2020-06-03 17:55

SHOW MORE

Hi! It would be convenient to have an option in the cart submenu to save a file from BSS to local carts, for systems that are not always connected.

For the carts that only have numerical IDs or generated names, it would be great to have a new RENAME command in the console :)

P#77341 2020-05-28 23:25

SHOW MORE

In the code editor, add a new tab with the first line being a comment line containing only puny caps and spaces, then add a second comment line with regular text. Hover over the tab, the title preview shows the second comment instead of the first. Bug doesn’t happen if the title mixes cases ("--UI helpers" is ok).

P#77149 2020-05-25 03:13

SHOW MORE

I wondered why I was not logged in when opening some links, but I was logged in in other tabs.
Found out that the website answers to both lexaloffle.com and www.lexaloffe.com, but logged in status is not shared.

Possible solutions:

• change cookies to be valid for both variants
  • pick one variant as canonical and redirect transparently

Thanks!

P#76501 2020-05-13 15:20

SHOW MORE

Hello! On the Carts category page https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?cat=7&sub=2 , the three featured carts at the top are not real links (a elements), but divs with a custom JavaScript handler. This does not work with all the tools that know about links: ctrl+click to open in a new tab, middle click, long press on mobile, bookmark link, contextual menu, search links in page, etc. Please consider changing this!

P#70377 2019-11-29 19:17

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-19 10:29:45 | 0.070s | Q:20