Follow
b0b89
SHOW MORE

The fastest guns in the west have got the shakes!

High Noon (H I G H N O O N) is sort of a mutant of the classic "who can hit a button the fastest" cowboy duel game.

Instead of just pressing the button you must release the button when the white line is in the green line in a powerbar thingy.

• press and hold either X or O,
  • release when the white line is in the green bar
  • the green bar gets bigger each time you hit the top of the power bar
  • games go until someone gets 6 points.
  • if you draw before the signal you lose one point
  • if you miss the green bar, you miss your shot and you become a sitting duck
  • the computer player needs serious work but 2 player should work fine (let me know if it doesnt)
  • computer player gets more accurate the higher your score
  • cheesy looking tumble weeds included

originally this game was just a basic "who can hit the button fastest" type game but in changing it i have broken that functionality but plan on re-adding it, so the menu will have the option to select "simple mode"~

theres normal hit the button mode again. Some minor improvement to the CPU but this is still mostly designed to be played on a couch with another human while intoxicated

oh and you can customize your cowpokes outfit now and it will be saved to cart data

Cart #highnoon_2-0 | 2023-03-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

TODO:
-death animations
-cpu player improvments
-better music/sound
-simple mode
-reset scores on game over
-the tumbleweed flies somethimes?

P#120239 2022-11-07 01:30 ( Edited 2023-03-24 03:46)

SHOW MORE

Cart #ssc_b0b98_1-0 | 2022-01-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls

Z roll the dice
X stop rolling the dice/Continue
(i'm just now realizing how incredibly counter intuitive is to use stop and continue on the same button)

Ship captain crew is a dice game, I learned at a bar.

It can be a drinking game, but I've never played it that way (though I have always been drinking when I played it) I only know it as a basic very short gambling dice game.

The rules are pretty simple. But kinda hard to explain.

you are trying to get a 6(the ship) a 5 (the captain) and a 4 (the crew).

You roll all five dice, if you get a six you take it out and set it aside, same for five and four. Eventually you'll only have 2 dice left. These are your score (sometimes called cargo) you want the highest score.

The catch is that you have to get 6,5,4 in order.

For example if your first roll is 5,5,4,3,2 you get nothing. You must re-roll all dice. You cannot have a captain or a crew without a ship.
You re-roll and you get 6,4,4,3,3. You take the six and set it aside. You can't take one of the fours. You can't have a crew without a captain.
your final roll! 5,4,3,5. You take a five and set it aside then the four. You have eight points.

You could also get lucky, and on your first roll get 6,6,6,5,4 and suddenly have 12 points and stop right there.

• the current highest score is called the point number.

• Always keep rolling until you at least tie the point number.

• You cannot re-roll only one of your final 2 dice. (its easier to code, but it's also the rules, at least at my local bar that plays it)

• In case of tie no one wins. The money stays in the pot, everyone who wants a chance at it pony's up another buck and you go again.

This game should follow the rules as I understand them. They might be regional, I've seen others online claim that in case of tie the people who are tied play against each other, but I like the "let it ride" approach. I've seen a game of roughly 10 people end up with about 50 dollars in the pot due to consecutive ties.

Also the winner starting the next round might be regional, i've seen online people saying it rotates, but starting is actually a disadvantage (it's better to go later) so I think it makes sense for the winner to start.

I might change the rolls to display how many rolls you have left. I'm not sure that'd be better.

I hope to add some weird role playing elements like a luck score that will make dice rolls work out better for you, and also make the CPU players behave differently and have their own luck scores.

Also I want a nice random-ey looking dice rolling animation

P#104802 2022-01-11 08:39 ( Edited 2022-01-11 09:07)

SHOW MORE

Cart #nemodguho-5 | 2020-10-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

solo pong, play pong against a wall.
Relive your childhood of throwing a tennis ball at brick wall when your bored and lonely

ball goes faster each time you hit it

hold z to move paddle faster.

TODO:
--* randomize starting ball angle--done

• classic pong spin to change angle of ball
  • add mode where the paddle shrinks with each hit.
  • different starting speeds
  • different speed increases
  • easy mode bumpers to gaurd part of the player side?
  • music?
  • learn more math so i can do cool stuff with angles and sine/cosine?

EDIT: Also I'm not sure about the etiquette on this site. I feel like I'm editing and reuploading a lot. Which supposedly bumps my thread but I'm just using this as my code repo cause i'm too lazy to git.

P#83059 2020-10-18 08:41 ( Edited 2020-10-18 23:39)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-19 04:15:39 | 0.074s | Q:17