Follow
Achie72

Jank coder of the year for sure! Player of many things and maker of the Pico-Shorts blog series!

[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #crumbling_crypt-0 | 2024-04-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

How to play:

Arrows to move, X to start. You can step twice, before most monsters stepping once. There are exceptions to this rule.

Find Swords and Shields to help you overcome the enemy horde!

Search the key, uncover where the trapdoor is, and progress further to grab the McGuffin.

Devlogs:

If you are interested in game development articles, code breakdowns and alikes, I try to document all my projects over at my Ko-fi Page, free to read!

https://github.com/Achie72/kofi-articles

The cart is fully commented out, feel free to download and check things if you are interested in the inner workings.

Support:

If you like this work, feel free to browse around my page and maybe check out my Ko-fi blog https://ko-fi.com/achiegamedev , where you can support me with a price of a coffee, to be able to fuel my coding habits and gain more retro games!

https://linktr.ee/AchieGameDev

Big thanks to Csöndi for supporting my work over at Ko-fi

P#145965 2024-04-07 10:33 ( Edited 2024-04-07 10:37)

Cart #defender_1k-0 | 2024-03-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1k Defender

1k Defender is a little shmup made with 957 compressed bytes inside PICO-8!

This project was born from a failed submission to 1k jam 2022 and continuing it for the 2023 edition. Since I didn't felt it was eligible for the jam, I never uploaded it to it. A while ago I remembered it, so I spiced it up with a label and some sfx, but only those so it is a tad more enjoyable to play. We got a gameplay loop as well!

You can also check it out the raw one on GistHub:

https://gist.github.com/Achie72/076859ce7fe17335fdb49ca7790d427b

Gameplay:

Shoot the invading forces down to protect your planet. You need to restock on bullets from time to time in the depot (the up icon on the bottom left)

Controls:

⬅️⬇️⬆️➡️ to move, ❎ to shoot

Support:

If you like this work, feel free to browse around my page and maybe check out my Ko-fi blog https://ko-fi.com/achiegamedev, where you can support me with a price of a coffee, to be able to fuel my coding habits and gain more retro games!

Big thanks to Csöndi, Nerdy Teachers and Anonymus for supporting my work over at Ko-fi

P#144960 2024-03-29 09:41

Cart #one_last_swing-0 | 2024-02-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

One Last Swing

This project is my entry for the Samurai Game Jam 2024 with subtheme: Luck! 🍀
Story:

Patrolling the border you get a message about enemy groups flooding your territory. Now it is up to you to make it back home and ensure the safety of your family!

Controls:

Use X to unsheathe your sword before the clash. If you do not have it out, you will automatically lose. Use ⬇️⬆️ to move your sword between the 3 stances of: High, Mid and Low.

The enemy will attack after a certain time has elapsed, just after they step back! Take that moment to adjust your stance to achieve victory!

Gameplay:

Beat 10 levels to make it back home, and if you feel like it, push your luck further into the endless challenge.

One Last Swing is a Rock-Paper-Scissor like dueling game, where you need to choose the correct stand to overcome your opponents, to regain your honor and to make it back home.

High stance beats middle, middle stance beats low and low stance beats high!

High > Mid > Low > High

Each opponent is part of an enemy unit, marked by their flags and clothing colors. Enemy units are trained the same, so use your experience to determine how they are gonna swing.

The game also takes inspiration from Punch Out, so keep your eyes peeled for clues that help you figure out things faster!

Ko-fi Articles:

If you are interested in the development process, I have several articles outlining code examples and thought processes used in the game!

Devlog Articles

The game development was also streamed, so you can jump into VODs if that is to your liking!

Livestream Dev VODS

Support:

If you like this work, feel free to browse around my page and maybe check out my Ko-fi page, where you can support me with a price of a coffee, to be able to fuel my coding habits and gain more retro games!

Big thanks to Csöndi for supporting my work over at Ko-fi

P#141198 2024-02-06 07:15

Cart #sleigh_away-0 | 2023-12-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Sleigh Away

This project is an entry for the Strawberry PICO-8 Jam 2023 Christmas, made with the fantasy console: PICO-8. Theme was Christmas and restriction is 4 colors only!

Controls:

You move the reindeer, Santa will follow your positions if you have moved enough time (like old options worked in shmup).

ONLY SANTA'S HEAD HAS COLLISION, use this to your advantage!

Story:

Santa got lazy after making all the games this year, so help the reindeer pull him away from the dangerous Krampus army, who are here to ruin the Holiday!

Gameplay:

Grab 3 randomly spawning goodies to help your journey!

Candy canes grant you one life + points equal to your new life total!

Gifts grant you 10 points each!

Christmas grenades can help you clear the screen away when Krampus overwhelm you! Press X to use them, if you have any (indicated on top-right corner)

Don't let Krampus hit Santa or it will decrease you hearts. Upon 0 the game will end!

YouTube:

If you are interested in development you can find all the dev vods on my YouTube Playlist!

Support:

If you like my work you can purchase the standalone binaries for this game! If you would like to see more games, gamedev blogs, pixel- and voxel arts check out my Ko-fi page, where you can support me if you want! You can get the PICO-8 cart for free on the BBS: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=55077

Big thanks to Csöndi, M4TTBIT and nnsfaka for supporting my work over at Ko-fi

P#138157 2023-12-03 09:06

Cart #lina_suika_hunt-0 | 2023-11-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Lina: Suika Hunt

This project is an entry for the 20 Seconds Game Jam 2023, made with the fantasy console: PICO-8.

Controls:

Story:

With all the Suika flying all around the world at every corner, Lina the Witch got enough one moring, and decided to end them for all! Hunt them down in the orchard to free the internet from them once and for all!

Gameplay:

Press Arrow keys to match the fruit's direction, and press X to shoot at them! If you miss a direction, you can press C/Y to delete your last input in the combo!

Press Left-Right to switch between game modes!
Press Enter to bring up the menu for options! The game supports 3 languages, English, Toki Pona and Hungarian!

Shooting down a fruit will spawn a bigger one! Fruits of bigger size are worth bigger points! So keep you combo up to rake in those points!

Hitting a fruit will spawn a bigger one, this way you can build up to the bigger and more point worth fruits!

Ko-fi Articles:

If you are interested in Devlogs and development notes, I have writtem them on my Ko-fi page!

You can also check the full development slowly coming up on my YouTube channel!

Support:

If you like my work you can purchase the standalone binaries for this game! If you would like to see more games, gamedev blogs, pixel- and voxel arts check out my Ko-fi page, where you can support me if you want!

Big thanks to Csöndi and M4TTBIT for supporting my work over at Ko-fi!
Thanks for Nerdy Teachers for the color combo idea!

P#137616 2023-11-18 19:05 ( Edited 2023-11-18 19:05)

Cart #kumatori_panic-5 | 2023-08-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Kumatori Panic!

This game is an entry for the A Game By Its Cover 2023 jam! Original famicart design is Kumatori Panic! by Eat Sleep Meep!

Check their cart and other works out!

Versions:

0.1 - Jam version released for AGBIC 2023
0.2 - Fix Endless loop bug (hopefully).

Gameplay

Kumatori Panic! is a combination of Sokoban type entity pushing and Bejeweled like color matching. Gather all the chicken before they ran off! Connect 3 or more matching ones to gather them into the coop!

Bump into the chickens from a direction to push them, if nothing is in the direction you are pushing.

Pushing Chicks costs energy. Regain energy by matching 3 or more chicks, the more the merrier!

You can pick chicks up, but that and putting them down cost 1 energy. Carrying a chick costs 1 energy per step.

You CANNOT complete a match by placing a chick from carrying, you HAVE TO PUSH THEM TO THEIR PLACE! No easy skip for ya, let the push puzzle guide you! (Red chicks are friends though!)

note:

At the moment the game doesn’t see an option to crack multiple eggs with one match. It will generate enough on start, but during the run if you do not match them individually the game could false end you! Hit restart and match eggs one-by-one if that happens. The game does not generate maps it sees unsolvable.

Controls:

Meet the Chicks:

Yellow - They are your everyday chicks, sitting around, waiting to be collected.

Green - They are hyperactive and will move around on their own on the map! They cannot macth by themself moving this way.

Blue - Their secret is the power of duplication! At each of the third pushes they duplicate into a neighbouring tile! They cannot macth by themself moving this way.

Red - They have a sticky personally that everyone wants to follow!

Pink - Created upon matching 4 chicks, they are the jokers of the garden! Can match to any other color!

White - Created upon matching 5 or more chicks! The big brother of the pink chicks, they can be pushed around freely!

Meet the Eggs:

The future of the garden! Next to gathering all chicks you will have to hatch all eggs as well! Match other chicks next to them to hatch a chick indicated by the color out of them! Eggs cannot be pushed or picked up! Bear hands are not delicate enough for eggs!

Credits:

Original famicase design is Kumatori Panic! by Eat Sleep Meep! Check their cart and other works out HERE!

Ko-fi articles:

I wrote devlogs about the development process of this game, you can read them over at my Ko-fi Page!

Article List link!

If you would like to see more games, gamedev blogs, pixel- and voxel arts check out my Ko-fi page, where you can support me if you want!

P#132536 2023-07-29 18:41 ( Edited 2023-08-20 14:40)

Cart #druid_dash-0 | 2023-06-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This project is an entry for the MossyMonth 2023 creative jam, with theme: Forest!

Controls:

Story:

Luna was cursed by a cheecky witch to never be able to stop running in a straight line. Help her gather all the magical mushrooms for a ritual to clense the curse once and for all!

Gameplay:

Move in the four cardinal directins while choosing your path wisely. You can never change your path by yourself.

Each forest is it's own little puzzle, can you solve them all?

Export your moves at the end of each stage to the clipboard and share with your friends and us, how many moves did you take! It will copy to your clipboard for your Ctrl+V pleasures!

You can do the same at the very end of the game with all your moves!

Ko-fi articles:

I wrote devlogs about the development process of this game, you can read them over at my Ko-fi Page!

Article List link!

Support:

If you like my work you can purchase the standalone binaries for this game! If you would like to see more games, gamedev blogs, pixel- and voxel arts check out my Ko-fi page, where you can support me if you want!

Socials

Big thanks to Csöndi for supporting my work over at Ko-fi!

(Don't look at the code, I haven't refactored anything)

P#131398 2023-06-27 17:40

Cart #lina_a_fishy_quest-5 | 2023-02-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Lina: A Fishy Quest

This project is an entry for the 20 Seconds Game Jam!

Controls:

Story:

Sometimes our little witch needs some relaxation and Sour Cream demands fishes for dinner, so let's help Lina find the perfect catch! 🎣

Gameplay:

Hook fishes to earn points, fishes from the deep earn you more!

Avoid the Junk if you can, it will reduce your score!

You have 20 seconds to earn the most points!

Bubble streams will move everything up or down depending on their direction! Be careful, your hook is deployed all the time, move it away from junk floating on top!

Support:

Ko-fi article about the project

Linktree

Big thanks to Csöndi for supporting my work over at Ko-fi!

P#120536 2022-11-12 13:17 ( Edited 2023-02-13 16:57)

Cart #lina_witches_of_the_moon-7 | 2022-10-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Updates:

Revision 7 (0.1.1) - Minor changes, and bug fixes:

• Tweak: Mana Burst now grants a new Frog Bomb upon completion. Other effects are removed.
  • Tweak: Triples shots now deal less damage.
  • Tweak: Sprial shots now deal more damage.
  • Tweak: Final Boss's health increased by 30%.
  • Tweak: Now Lina can move between transitions.

• Fix: Frog Bombs are now consumed when used.
  • Fix: 3rd Witch now summons correct minions.
  • Fix: Final enemies death will not cause immediate stage change.
  • Fix: Frog Bombs now should be less performance killers.

Revision 6 (0.1.0) - Full Jam Release

• Added: Force Shield pick-up. Deflects enemy bullets, but does not protect against phisical contact.
  • Added: Mana Burst! Higher firerate, Force Shield and Star powers upon filling the gauge. Getting hit resets your progress.
  • Added: Super Star now grants ramming powers!
  • Added: Indication for Super Star and Force Shield timers.
  • Added: In-game tutorial!
  • Added: New enemy patterns!
  • Added: 2 new soundtracks, thanks to: Before you close your mind

• Tweak: The game is 60 fps!
  • Tweak: Better art for the menu!
  • Tweak: Sour Cream is permanent on the board, always helping you out! Now only shoots the basic player attack due to balance reasons.
  • Tweak: Cat Bomb reworked! Now exists as a Frog Bomb which has higher damage and destroys all on-screen enemy bullets.
  • Tweak: New hitbox and better in-game indication! Refer to in-game tutorial!
  • Tweak: Drops are more frequent on lower health.
  • Tweak: Potions drop more the lower hp Lina has.
  • Tweak: Removed Shield Potions.
  • Tweak: Ghost removed. Broodmothers are added instead. The fire in a diagonal pattern and spawn hatchlings upon death.
  • Tweak: Dragons slightly tweaked in bullet speed and the number of exploding bullets.
  • Tweak: Color of all bullets in-game.
  • Tweak: Witches have their hitbox slightly extended downward.
  • Tweak: Reworked the drop system. Potion should not drop on full HP and your current weapon should not drop.
  • Tweak: Final boss now should be harder, like a proper game ending foe!

• Fixed: White Witch had incorrect health value.
  • Fixed: Witches have a better indication for hits. Now the whole sprite flashes.
  • Fixed: Moon state text appeared on wrong stages.
  • Fixed: Draw order.

Revision 5 (0.0.2) - Day 1 Fixes

• Fixed: Third Witch had incorrect attack pattern, leading to no shooting.
  • Fixed: Double Shot had an extra bullet on the descending angle.
  • Fixed: Scores did not reset after the end of the game.
  • Fixed: Incorrect movement calculations.

Revision 4 - Witch Movement QuickFix

• Fixed: Witches siwtching from Forward-Backward phase would keep there horizontal momentum.

Story:

[88x19]

Lina, among many others, is an avarage witch living in the forest. But one night everything changes as those who were once friends turned into enemies.

Fight through the horde of summons, beat hypnotized witches and figure out who is behind all this.

Desc:

Lina: Witches Of The Moon is an entry for Krystman's Basic Shmup Showcase​ event, which revolves around the amazing shmup tutorial series.

Controls:

Movement -> WASD, Arrows, Joystick

Shooting -> C, PS X

Frog Bombs -> x, PS O

There is an Ingame tutorial to help you along! To exit it, return to the main Tutorial scene and fly forward!

Gameplay:

Powerups will help you along your journey!

There are number of shooting patterns in the game, some focus on single target, some on whole screen dps, find what suits you best!

[8x8]
- Health Potions will keep you safe along the journey.

[8x8]
- Super Star grants temporary invincibility and ramming powers!

[8x8]
- Force Shields grant you the ability to bounce enemy bullets back, but they don't offer melee protection!

[8x8]
- Frog Bombs help you clear the screen of enemy bullets and release a powerfull bullet wave!

Sour Cream:

[8x8]

Sour Cream will follow you along, lagging behind a bit and helping out with the pesky enemies. You attack patterns do not modify his, but with proper positioning he can be a helpful companion on the journey!

Enemies:

[8x8]

Enemy minions attack in waves! Don't spare none of them, charge your Mana Burst and tear through the opposition! (Mana Bursts

You will encounter their respective witch master at every 6th level!

Some enemies use tricky patterns against you, be on your guard!

Socials:

I have a Ko-fi page! If you like my work you can support me over there with a price of a coffee.

Music:

Music by the amazing BeforeYouCloseYourMind!

https://soundcloud.com/beforeyoucloseyourmind

https://beforeyoucloseyourmind.bandcamp.com/

https://www.instagram.com/before.you.close.your.mind/

P#116749 2022-09-01 20:19 ( Edited 2022-10-21 17:01)

Flappy Ducky was made for the OneLevelGameJam on the weekend of 2020.02.02.

Your goal is to find all bread on the map. You have to return all the bread to finish the game!

You can flap equal to the number of feather you have. Bring your lady duck flowers to gain more feathers.

Don't forget to post your time, let's see how can be the flappiest ducky!

Controls:

X - Flap your wings

C - Glide in the air

Cart #flappy_ducky-0 | 2020-05-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Social and other stuff:
🎤 Twitch
☕ Ko-fi link
🐦Twitter
📷 Instagram
🎮 Itch.io
🎵 Soundcloud
⌨ GitHub

(Currently i'm trying to post all my games i forgot to post here!)

P#76969 2020-05-21 06:51

Cart #crazyrabbitafternoon-2 | 2019-06-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

General Idea

Create and oldschool rogue-like feel game.

Start: C/Z/Y (builtin differs on keyboard layouts, the button next to 'x')

Move with: Arrows, you can step twice while wolves moves once.

Skip step: X

Collect all carrots to proceed to the next level. Avoid wolves, by hiding in the rabbit holes. You can step twice, while wolves step one.

If they can't see you, they are dark red, and start to wander around. If the can, they turn bright red, and start to chase you down. They can't eat you, while you are in a rabbit hole.

Difficulty goes up by reached levels and steps taken, so plan ahead!

Also on Github

There is still much to left, but this was my defined MVP

P#65414 2019-06-26 22:07

Hi there all!
I'm fairly new to the engine, and for now, i just have one question, that could be helpful for me.
Is it possible, to export an .html file, in which your games are exported like in the BSS section, only multiple of them. If i'm not clear, i'm looking for a vertical column of playable games in one .html file sou you can just press the play button and play. Is it possible? How can someone do it?
My main goal is to set up my github page in a way, that you can play all the pushed games in the repo. Not necessarily automated, little hand editing is fine with me.
Thanks in advance!

P#58968 2018-11-12 15:56 ( Edited 2018-11-13 03:52)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 15:56:23 | 0.089s | Q:50