Web
Analytics

Cart [#56745#] | Copy | Code | 2018-09-16 | Link

I'm posting this under "Cartridges" and not "Work in progress", but I'm not really satisfied with it yet, so I plan to change up some stuff. But it's playable in about the form I want.

This is a small game based on the Famicase "Meteor Night" for the "Chill"-themed A Game By Its Cover jam 2018. (itch.io page here)

Stuff I might tweak include the following, for which feedback/opinions would be appreciated:

• Clicking anywhere on the screen (or pressing X) when a meteor appears, instead of having to actually click the meteor really quickly
  • Meteors are visible for a slightly longer time
  • Chill-o-meter going up at a slower rate, or the penalty when missing a meteor is lower
  • More varied dialog
  • Tweens for the meteor "animation", hehe

Instructions

There's a meteor shower coming, and you take your friend or date stargazing after dark. They've never gone stargazing before, so you'll have to point out any meteors you see to your friend or date.

It's chilly outside, so make sure you keep your friend or date warm. If they see a beautiful meteor, they will forget the cold for a little while; if they keep missing meteors you point out, they'll grow frustrated and cold.

Eventually, though, they'll probably want to go home. Maybe to your place?

Controls

Using a mouse is recommended for precision and speed. Don't miss the meteors!

• Mouse / arrow keys: Look around the sky
  • Left click / X: Point out meteor

Chill/Chill Out

Press O on the title screen to toggle between Chill mode and Chill Out mode.

In the default Chill mode, your friend or date will get colder with time. Point out as many meteors as you can to get a new high score.

In Chill Out mode, it's a warm, summer night; you won't get cold, and can just chill out as long as you want to. High score is not tracked in this mode.

Credits

P#56746 2018-09-16 16:52 ( Edited 2018-09-17 04:36)

Cart [#55662#] | Copy | Code | 2018-08-25 | Link

A remake of the classic computer puzzle game LaserTank for PICO-8, for the Demake jam.

Includes a hand-picked collection of 50 levels from the original game. I think I'll have to make a multicart version to include more levels.

I haven't implemented all the physcis quirks (bugs) of the original game, but I don't think any of the included levels rely on them to be solved. At least I hope not.

itch page

P#55663 2018-08-25 14:10 ( Edited 2018-08-28 09:19)

Cart [#56257#] | Copy | Code | 2018-09-06 | Link

Remove all 28 squares from the board in a neverending series of calm, randomized puzzles set in a dystopian, cyberpunk world.

Patrick’s Cyberpunk Challenge is fun for all ages. Are you ready for the challenge?

The object of the game is to move Patrick around the game board and remove all 28 squares. Squares with coloured balls will remove extra squares and can make the game trickier. The games are randomly generated, but you can also create your own games or input game codes made by others.

This is a fanmade sequel to the 1998 freeware sensation Patrick's Challenge II by Reldni Productions, for the Cyberpunk-themed "So bad it's good" Jam 2018.

The puzzle codes are compatible with Patrick's Challenge II. You can also go to Reldni's website to find more codes and play hand-crafted Reldni puzzles.

You currently have to use the devkit mouse to place the objects in the correct squares manually, but I hope to have proper gamepad support soon so you can type in the codes. I also plan to add support for saving puzzles, so you can make your own (limited) run of puzzles to get a high score in.

P#54572 2018-08-01 09:40 ( Edited 2018-09-06 04:42)

Cart [#54284#] | Copy | Code | 2018-07-19 | Link

Hey! This is my first Pico-8 game, a clone of the DS game Polarium.

It contains 100 levels. You can get a hint for every level if you're stuck.

There's also a level editor, which lets you create your own custom levels. You can even share levels with other people with 30-digit passwords. These passwords are completely compatible with Polarium, so you can also find lots of levels other people have made online for an extra challenge. 20 custom levels can be stored.

puzzle
P#51985 2018-04-25 04:11 ( Edited 2018-07-19 09:00)

:: More
X
About | Contact | Updates | Terms of Use
Follow Lexaloffle:        
Generated 2018-09-24 08:28 | 0.149s | 1835k | Q:47