@BoneVolt

Follow
Follow

Cart [#ball_effects-0#] | Code | 2019-10-14 | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA | Embed

Made this cart to test some distortion effects for future projects.

A lot of people got interested in a tweet I made with it so I'm posting here in case anyone wants to see the code or use it on a project.

Move with the mouse;
Z/X (O/X) to change size;
Left mouse click to switch effect.

P#68876 2019-10-14 17:29

Cart [#painto8-0#] | Code | 2019-09-04 | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA | Embed

I recently discovered the 16 extra colors, and since it's not very fun to go back and forth between sprites/code/game just to test colors, I made this cart so you can actually draw sprites with the extra colors directly!

Main features

• Swap beteen tabs PAL1/PAL2 to select which colors will compose the 16 colors of your sprites:

• Select the index on the right and the color on the left. "OK" means your palette already has that color. "▤" Means that index is using a color from the pal1 when you're viewing pal2 and vice-versa.

• Your pallete is saved between sessions (poke 0x5e00~f).

Standard pico-8 features

• Draw
  • Zoom in/out with mouse wheel
  • Save by pressing SHIFT+S or via pause menu
  • Pick colors with left button on the sprite

Extra features

• 2 extra sprite tabs, because why not! (will draw on the map region: 0x2000-0x2fff)
P#67210 2019-09-04 04:10

Hello everyone, today I stumbled on a undocumented feature I didn't know existed: 16 extra colors.!

I searched on the wiki and the forums and I didn't see it mentioned anywhere (except this thread, but it was a differnt thing and that feature was removed by zep at that time).

If you change the screen palette via poke (0x5f10 to 0x5f1f) to a value above 0x80, the color will change as shown below:

Here's world 2 of Jack of Spades with all colors swapped, except black and yellow:

Original colors for comparison:

You can't have more than 16 colors in a single frame though, since poking (0x5f00 to 0x5f0f) will just make the color transparent, as documented in the wiki. Still it's good for fades, and can be used for someting like stage-specific palettes like in the NES and other old consoles.

Pretty cool!

P#67208 2019-09-04 02:59

As shown in the picture above, the "from" variable is being considered a function at some time during execution. Problem is: there's nowhere in the program that I can turn that variable into a function, because it is a local variable (and the only place the 2nd argument is ever assigned is in the function itself):

function unpack(list,from,to)
 from,to=from or 1,to or #list
 if from<=to then
  return list[from],unpack(list,from+1,to)
 end
end
function to_tab_unp(tab)
 return unpack(str_to_table(tab))
end

The weirdest thing is that I call the line "in cr_char line 5 (tab 2)" every time I create a character. In this particular instance I'm recreating battles to get until I get one with a formation that fits the difficulty level I want. So it's like 1/10000 of cases generates that error. But the table being unpacked is always the same:

to_tab_unp(",{,{,{,{,,f,{,,,{,{,,,{,{,{,{,{,,,,")

So it seems to me that this is a pico-8 bug, because the function is always exactly the same but and the error pops for no apparent reason...?

Thoughts?

P#66865 2019-08-22 20:48 ( Edited 2019-08-22 20:49)

Cart [#jokenpico-0#] | Code | 2019-07-19 | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA | Embed

Jokenpico is Jokenpo with a twist with code that fits in a tweet!

It is a 2-player game.

Controls:
RIGHT is rock
LEFT is paper
UP is scissors

The diffence from regular jokenpo is the score:

If Scissors wins: +4 points
If Rock wins: +2 points
If Paper wins: +1 points

At a first glance scissors seems overpowered with 4 points, but it wins against paper (1 point), so it is less likely that your opponent will use paper.

(an easy way to remember each score is: scissors cuts paper into 4 pieces, rock smashes scissors into two halves and paper wraps stone into one ball)

P#65949 2019-07-19 20:31

Cart [#whereswilly-2#] | Code | 2019-07-01 | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA | Embed

This is my first tweetcart! Use the mouse to find the red 웃! Inspired by Where's Wally/Waldo!

Each time you hit Willy with the cursor the difficulty (number of characters drawn) and initial score will increase value by 120.

Can you get to 1000 points? :D

Obs: Cart exceeds 280 chars by 3 to have more variety on things being drawn

P#65491 2019-07-01 02:16 ( Edited 2019-07-01 04:04)

Cart [#jostitle-6#] | Code | 2019-09-20 | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA | Embed

Hello everyone!

Jack of Spades is a game I made as a submission for GitHub's GameOff game Jam.

This is the latest version, with a lot more content than it had in the jam. I ended up making it a multicart, because I could't manage to keep it under the token/compression limits.

The game autosaves, you can play it on multiple sessions. Also it is played just with the mouse, so you can easily play on phones too. Looks like mouse input doesn't work on cell phones anymore (will add controller support later).

There's an executable version here: https://bonevolt.itch.io/jackofspades

.p8 version (put them all on your "..\pico-8\carts\" folder and open "jostitle.p8")

This is how to equip items (not explained during gameplay):

But you have to get the items first!

P#65294 2019-06-19 21:20 ( Edited 2019-10-10 16:56)

About | Contact | Updates | Terms of Use
Follow Lexaloffle:        
Generated 2019-11-12 14:33 | 0.082s | 4194k | Q:78