Follow
chizel9000

Thank You Mr. White & Company,
About me:
I do a little of everything. Music, Grfx, Programming, etc.
my website: http://www.mizlabeled.com
There is still much to learn and do and I simply cannot wait.

All I ever wanted to do was make video games and cartoons since I was around 12y/o... It has taken me forever to get here, but the journey is not over. For I have only begun to fully understand how to accomplish the task my childhood dreamed of, but with Pico by my side, I think I can finally realize it. The road has been long already. What's a few more leagues? I won't be satisfied until it has been rendered unto this existence. There is much leveling to do, but my skill points are stacking up...

I have been alone for so long... As long as I can remember now. It is not bad being alone, but I wouldn't mind some company. If nothing else then to chat, but even better if they wanted to support or collaborate... Care to join my party?

SHOW MORE

FIRST GAME - DESTRUCTOID - WIP

Cart #destructoid-0 | 2019-12-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
<br>
You have 60 seconds to score as high as u can.
My first game in Pico8. Made as a challenge from another.
Perhaps I will post more info later...
Built using ZEP collision example.
Still a few minor bugs to fix...
MEANWHILE my top score is 4000.
Give it a shot?

P#71504 2019-12-29 19:45 ( Edited 2019-12-29 19:48)

SHOW MORE

Cart #snowglobe-0 | 2019-12-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Works almost like the real thing! Seriously, wait for it. It is kinda neat.

SNOWGLOBEv.1.1

Fixed the snow code ala @Albertbz update but I didnt use the final fix instead I opted for the first fix as this looks more like snowglobe snow. Then I found some code by @Krystman for shaking the camera. I also put some effort into making a decent text display and added controls for everything. Last I made some slight changes to how variables get their values and some of the sfx in the music. I think I might take this one step further, but I got sick last night and my head is kinda spinning so coding is taking longer than usual. Also have a low grade fever and severe nausea... Flu season sucks!!! Cover your mouth when you cough!!!

Still clueless on pattern fills and palt and so on... I need to get a better grasp of this and then maybe i can add some bg art to this... Otherwise I have a few other things id like to add after seeing the kitty window version of snow falling cart by @Yesyoor ...

But first there is more learning to do... sigh. I feel like a kid in a candy shop. Just don't know where to look or what to do... Overwhelmed by the endless options... Oh well, I just keep chizeling away.

Cart #numopijupo-0 | 2019-12-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Ok. Here is what I've got so far. I was originally trying to do this as a doodle using only pset but that was giving me a headache... So I went in a different direction. Not finished. No... Still much more to learn and do, but here is something to mark my progress... I hope u enjoi it. I wanted to do more with backgrounds, text, snow fx, but sadly I am only a week into this platform and language... So i am sort of clueless until I get more familiar with everything. Perhaps I can update this cart in the future...

P#71077 2019-12-17 00:58 ( Edited 2019-12-18 20:46)

SHOW MORE

In Pico-8 there is 128x64 map of memory for making sprites and map. Right? Then why am I seeing the lower 128x32 filling up with pieces of sprites? Is the lower half reserved for something else, like game time render or something? I want to use that space but it looks like its already in use.

I remember hearing something about the lower 32 being reserved, is this the case and what for?
Anyone who cares to shed some light on this?

P#71055 2019-12-16 10:32

SHOW MORE

Cart #tetsuo-0 | 2019-12-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

New to Pico-8

made this as a sort of hello world thing

just dont know what to say....

pico is gr8

P#70860 2019-12-10 21:55

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-19 04:13:28 | 0.112s | Q:23