📕 INSTRUCTIONS 📕
- Choose a ship.
- Play all 3 races of the moon tournament.
- After each race, you earn points for your finishing position and number of ships you destroyed.
- Accumulate the most points at the end of the tournament to win!
🎮 CONTROL 🎮
In Moonrace you have no control over direction. Focus on the velocity control and manage your weapons the best you can to win the race.
- Player 1: X or V to Fire; Z or C to Thrust
- Player 2: Q or A to Fire; SHIFT or TAB to Thrust
You can play with up to 8 players. The game supports controllers.
You can have 2 players on the same controller with the "double control" option in the pause menu (Left/Right on the controler become Fire/Thrust). Use the Fire button to cycle between ships on the selection screen.
📊 SHIP SPECS 📊
- ACCEL : How fast the ship reaches maximum speed
- STEER : How fast the ship turns
- BRAKE : When thrust is not used, time spent to stop moving
- CROSS : Ability to drive outside the range of the gravity track
- FIGHT : Cooldown between weapons
- ARMOR : Durability of your ship
🎯 WEAPONS 🎯
- MISSILE : shoot a single missile (5 damage in a zone)
- HOMING FLARE : Look for the race race leader and deal 3 dmg on impact
- MACHINEGUN : Fire 25 bullets dealing 1 damage each
- MINE : drop 3x mine ( 3 damage in a small zone )
- SHOCKWAVE : short-circuits ships and mines. Also reboot your system if you've been targeted by shockwave.
- NITRO BOOST : Huge acceleration for .5 second. Use with caution
- SHIELD : Protect you from any harms. Also damage your opponents
📜 CREDITS 📜
CODE : BoneVolt / Benjamin Soulé
GFX : BoneVolt
MUSIC : Jamaass
Oh, this is a fantastic achievement. I've enjoyed seeing the GIFs of it on Twitter but missed that it actually released!
This is one of those Pico-8 games where the devs really went the extra mile when it came to polish and presentation. Even just the title screen is lovely. The split-screen multiplayer is quite impressive, even aesthetically.
Well, this is going right to my favorites, where I keep all the Pico-8 games that meet such a high standard of quality. I imagine the Christmas release date has everyone busy, so this hasn't yet gotten as much attention as it deserves, but hopefully that'll change!
I'm not very good but I'm getting Kirby Airride vibes from this which is awesome!
Looks very different on older versions of pico
[Please log in to post a comment]