Cart [#43140#] | Copy | Code | 2017-08-09 | Link

Poor Harry! He was taking a nap when the ice broke from under him! Help him climb out of the caves, and make sure he gets enough mushrooms to eat before he starves!

To play:
Arrow keys - move
Z - jump
Down - dig a hole
Up - climb most surfaces

I can't believe I finished this in time. It is pretty bare bones, but I am happy with it. I wish I had the time to add in enemies, but there you go.

Here is the link on Ludum Dare's site: https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/39/hungry-harrys-climb

Congrats to everyone who finished LD39!

-PBG

--edit Aug 1:
I've tried to clear up some confusion for LD39 participants. It is now hopefully clearer that the first level is actually a level that can be beaten. Also, i added a super-jump (hold up and jump) that should help with some of the trickier levels. The super-jump burns food though, so don't go crazy.

--second edit:
I removed the super-jump. This felt against the spirit of ludum dare, in that i was adding an ability after the competition ended. However, i DID fix the level generator so that all levels can be beaten - i feel that this was a bug fix.

-- edit 3
People keep digging through the floor, so I had to hardcode that to be impossible. Fix made for LD participants

platformer procedural
P#42934 2017-07-30 19:47

Cart [#30745#] | Copy | Code | 2016-10-12 | Link

Hi!

9HOLE is a platformer where you are also golfing! Hit the ball to the hole (under par!) and then get to the hole yourself!

CONTROLS:
C,Z: Jump
X: Swing your club (hold the button for a harder swing!)

WHEN THE BALL IS AIRBORN:
Arrows: Move the ball (a little bit!)
C,Z: releas ball control and control the character again.

SECRET: if you find the game a little easy, try pressing "Up" repeatedly on the title screen!

I will be doing more of a post-mortem in a bit, but I wanted to get this game online. Happy playing!

-PaloBlanco

changelog:
v1.1:

• added tutorial text to level 1
  • fixed (hopefully!) spraying particles when your ball sits next to a wall
  • increased particle counts and lifetimes across the board (makes the game a little flashier)
  • fixed level 2 so that there is no point of no return
  • adjusted a jump on level 5 so it is a little more forgiving

in the future:

• bug fixes as they get reported
  • I would like to flesh out the music with one more layer
  • ...that's it? I kind of feel like I've explored this idea to my content.

old version:

Cart [#30451#] | Copy | Code | 2016-10-09 | Link

golf platformer
P#30452 2016-10-09 15:27

:: More
X
About | Contact | Updates | Terms of Use
Follow Lexaloffle:        
Generated 2017-09-24 04:56 | 0.343s | 1572k | Q:35