Poor Harry! He was taking a nap when the ice broke from under him! Help him climb out of the caves, and make sure he gets enough mushrooms to eat before he starves!
Arrow keys - move
Z - jump
Down - dig a hole
Up - climb most surfaces
I can't believe I finished this in time. It is pretty bare bones, but I am happy with it. I wish I had the time to add in enemies, but there you go.
Here is the link on Ludum Dare's site: https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/39/hungry-harrys-climb
Congrats to everyone who finished LD39!
--edit Aug 1:
I've tried to clear up some confusion for LD39 participants. It is now hopefully clearer that the first level is actually a level that can be beaten. Also, i added a super-jump (hold up and jump) that should help with some of the trickier levels. The super-jump burns food though, so don't go crazy.
I removed the super-jump. This felt against the spirit of ludum dare, in that i was adding an ability after the competition ended. However, i DID fix the level generator so that all levels can be beaten - i feel that this was a bug fix.
-- edit 3
People keep digging through the floor, so I had to hardcode that to be impossible. Fix made for LD participants
9HOLE is a platformer where you are also golfing! Hit the ball to the hole (under par!) and then get to the hole yourself!
X: Swing your club (hold the button for a harder swing!)
WHEN THE BALL IS AIRBORN:
Arrows: Move the ball (a little bit!)
C,Z: releas ball control and control the character again.
SECRET: if you find the game a little easy, try pressing "Up" repeatedly on the title screen!
I will be doing more of a post-mortem in a bit, but I wanted to get this game online. Happy playing!
- added tutorial text to level 1
- fixed (hopefully!) spraying particles when your ball sits next to a wall
- increased particle counts and lifetimes across the board (makes the game a little flashier)
- fixed level 2 so that there is no point of no return
- adjusted a jump on level 5 so it is a little more forgiving
in the future:
- bug fixes as they get reported
- I would like to flesh out the music with one more layer
- ...that's it? I kind of feel like I've explored this idea to my content.