based on boardgame rush hour
lead the red car to the exit
36 levels in 4 different difficulty modes
pico8 menu item (restart level and select level)
9 levels of easy mode
just a small lil starfield! i didn't use any type of perspective code, just tlines, just to keep things simple on myself
i also made a variant of it as a 248-char tweetcart! it loses the shading but hey, i'm proud of it anyway!
A simple practice mod I made for RubyRed's Cliffside
S and F: previous/next screen
A: toggle gemskip
If I update the cart it'll probably be updated on github
This is a low-res demake of Friday Night Funkin' made in PICO-8 for Pico Day 2021.
We tried to stay as faithful as possible to the original game while working within PICO-8's limitations, so we hope you enjoy :)
- Fixed most (if not all) desync issues
- Added normal difficulty for all songs
- Added downscroll option in the pause menu
- Made M.I.L.F. less ear piercing :)
NOTE FOR MODDERS:
If you would like to mod the game, check it out on GitHub: https://github.com/cklidify/pico-night-punkin
The README includes relatively in-depth explanations on how to get started with making a mod of your own!
Arrow Keys, ESDF or SDNM on Keyboard
Left, Down, Y, B on Xbox Gamepad
Left, Down, Triangle, Circle on Playstation Gamepad
Programming/Music - Carson Kompon
Art - Chris West
This is a simple demo that draws a spinny spiral in PICO-8's rainbow colors.
I used the "Approximating log" function described on the PICO-8 wiki, but I added a step where it interpolates between values to achieve some degree of smoothness.
To achieve 30fps operation, every frame, only 1/4 of the screen is drawn, and the bottom half of the screen is always mirrored and flipped from the top half.
I've recently created a cart and I have next to no clue on how to publish carts! I've put them out on something but when I go to the "carts" tab in my profile, they don't show up. Could someone please help me with this problem.
So, as most of us know, .p8 cartridges consist of sections. lua,gfx,map, etc etc. Well, I found this other section named gff. I just wanted to know what it did, since it doesn't seem to directly correlate to anything you can edit. I'm just asking since I'm making a cart generator in Python so I need to know if gff is an important memory region.
I'm using, from a LUA script, to draw the current room the method:
old_draw = _draw function _draw() old_draw() -- draw the room and objects ... end
It's great to draw the current room with just a function call.
But can I change the current room from LUA script code to draw the another room calling old_draw() function?
If not, can I draw directly another room without change to it?
Thanks in advance.
welcome to the ocelot safari!
enjoy the ocelots, and do let us know if you find any long-lost relics deep in the jungle :)
- hold Z to drag things
- arrow keys to move
- retrieve the lost gemstone of Tezcatlipoca! some say it’s as far as fvkgl-sbhe meters deep in the jungle!
- we'll leave you some new tools at the initial drop point, if the ocelots steal your gear
- ocelots can crawl through vines and trees -- they're tricksters!
- be sure to bring some matches; the nights are long and dark, and who knows what lurks in the jungle...
I didn't make the time to make an interactive tutorial, so here's a video instead:
And here's a gif showing how to use each tool:
(light a fire by bumping matches into wood)
good luck in there!
- This was made for the Ludum Dare 48 compo in 48 hours. (plus minor bugfixes; read changelog here and here). Rate my entry! https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/48/ocelot-safari
- My initial goal was to make a game exploring how items feel if you have no inventory system or "use item" button, and I'm happy with the results. Sometimes movement can feel a bit awkward, especially at the start, but that's what the whole game is built around, so I think it's fine.
- I really like how the nighttime and the ocelots make it a visceral struggle to advance deeper and deeper into the jungle.
This is Pico-Paint, a small experiment trying to reproduce a classic painting program in pico-8.
Use the mouse to move the cursor around.
LMB : select
RMB : cancel
X : change tool
Z : clear screen
E / D or Up / Down : change paint color
S / F or Right / Left : or mouse wheel : change brush size
How to save
Press Enter or P to open the menu. Select the "Save artwork" option. A .gif file should be saved to where you configured Pico-8 to save gifs (Desktop by default). If you are running the web version, a pop-up should appear containing the gif. Right-click it and select "Save as..."
⚠︎ - Sometimes, the gif won't save. In that case just try again.
1.0 : main release
1.1 : added save option
Save Hime(a princess) from the attack of Ninja assassins!
Left & Right key: Move
X: Short dash
Rating your play skill on the result screen.
達人(Tatsujin:Grandmaster) > 名人(Meijin: Maser) > 凡人(Bonjin: Ordinary)
draw your shape and watch the rotating vectors do it over!... or go wrong
(it doesn't show for drawing with too many points)
- ➡️ to add rotating vectors, ⬆️ to change the view
left/right to move
down/z/x to drop
press x to restart when game is over
Im working on a puzzle game where you use keys to unlock locks and i want to make it so when you collect keys the lock and the key disappear but i dont know how
I was pretty surprised to find that there aren't many isometric games here...
so I decided to have a go at making one :)
Not much to see here. Just 4 rooms of nothing.
Nice weather for camping, but what's that? Treasure?
Time to start digging through the digits and get back before barbecue is ready.