welcome to the ocelot safari!
enjoy the ocelots, and do let us know if you find any long-lost relics deep in the jungle :)
- hold Z to drag things
- arrow keys to move
- retrieve the lost gemstone of Tezcatlipoca! some say it’s as far as fvkgl-sbhe meters deep in the jungle!
- we'll leave you some new tools at the initial drop point, if the ocelots steal your gear
- ocelots can crawl through vines and trees -- they're tricksters!
- be sure to bring some matches; the nights are long and dark, and who knows what lurks in the jungle...
I didn't make the time to make an interactive tutorial, so here's a video instead:
And here's a gif showing how to use each tool:
(light a fire by bumping matches into wood)
good luck in there!
- This was made for the Ludum Dare 48 compo in 48 hours. (plus minor bugfixes; read changelog here and here). Rate my entry! https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/48/ocelot-safari
- My initial goal was to make a game exploring how items feel if you have no inventory system or "use item" button, and I'm happy with the results. Sometimes movement can feel a bit awkward, especially at the start, but that's what the whole game is built around, so I think it's fine.
- I really like how the nighttime and the ocelots make it a visceral struggle to advance deeper and deeper into the jungle.
[Please log in to post a comment]