This game is not yet finished. This is the first time I've attempted to write a game, so feedback is apiciated. Shoutouts to @morgan3d for their work on TOP*BURN, a similar game. I took the sprites from that game. I think I'll work on something smaller before picking this one up again.
Some things that need work:
- The timing of the soundtrack is all over the place. If any musicians want to make a proper rendition of the OST, I would be grateful.
- The enemies seem to fly into the sea when the nose is pointing down. The game engine does not account for where the camera is pointing. Getting this to work might require a more advanced engine.
- I forsee that there will be z-fighting between the enemies and explosions from destroyed aircrafts. Again, this would require a more advanced engine, one that accounts for the z-position of the objects being drawn.
Implements flocking as described in the book "AI for game developers" by David M. Bourg and Glenn Seemann (O'Reilly). See also Craig Reynold's explanation: http://www.red3d.com/cwr/boids/
Tera: Mind Over Matter is a modern puzzle action game about dropping blocks of different shapes to clear lines. The game has a rapid difficulty curve that emphasizes speed and accuracy. Get as many Teras as you can!
Left/right - shift pieces left and right
Down - soft drop
Up - hard drop (locking behavior can be changed in options)
Z/X - rotate pieces (direction can be changed in options)
Z+X - hold piece
v1.1 | 2/17/19
- Fixed incorrect spawn delay curve which caused pieces to stop spawning at high levels
- Score display is no longer limited to 4 digits
- Time display is now minutes:seconds
v1.0 | 2/7/19
- Initial release
By https://www.instagram.com/shandaram77/ and me for the climate march in Hague on February 7th.
Cave Story - Hero's End - PICO 8 Cover
A PICO-8 cover of Hero's End.
Also here: https://youtu.be/WqJOGvERB_4
Last week I launched one of the smallest JRPG's you'll ever play: TinyRPG! Recover your stolen egg by defeating monsters, level up and discover hidden areas in my second Pico-8 game! (It's a multi-cart so unfortunatly not on the BBS)
I'm really curious what the talented people in the Pico-8 community think of the game. I want to develop the game further so any feedback (especially on the player-experience) is very welcome!
Another thing I'm struggling with is attracting players! Does anybody have any suggestions with regards to this topic? I've reached out to IndieGamesPlus.com but I had a hard time getting in touch with other media-centric folks with an affinity for the smallest Indie Games.
Thanks so much in advance!
An attempt to replicate the Star Gate effect from "2001: A Space Odyssey." Use Z to turn the 'music' on or off.
Made in ~2 hours , because I lost a challenge. Based on an original idea by raphael stemmelen.
Arrow keys : move
Left/Right to move.
X to interact.
Move fast, complete collegaues' requests, and earn money to buy the gift.
This game was made by me and my collegaues: Ilya Aleksandrov and Ilya Koplevsky for a quick 5-day jam - the Black Humor Jam at itch.io
We've worked together for a few years, yet this is our first attempt to work as a gamedev team.
map(level*8,0,0,0,8,15,0) for i=1,8,1 do map(level*8+8-i,0,56+i*8,0,1,15) end
First I want to say Pico-8 is a lot of fun and I was able to get into it quickly despite barely any knowledge of LUA.
So I got the idea to only draw half a level and mirror it to be symmetrical, however collision detection doesn't seem to work on the right side. I can post more if anyone needs more information, but I've included a GIF showing the issue and the code I used to generate the map.
4 GIGA BOSS FIGHTS
Fight your way through an onslaught of more than 4 billion consecutive boss fights in top-down shooting arcade action madness. Dodge bullet-hell as your ship automatically shoots the core of the enemy.
- More than 4 billion bosses
- 22 unlockable player ships
- gazillions of bullets
- a few lasers!
- 3 game modes: normal, attract and permadeath
- auto game save persistence between sessions (quit the game anytime)
As usual, please share your thoughts, comments and bug reports below. I truly appreciate everyone's feedback.
Also a big shout-out to my #pico8 bros on twitter for giving great ideas and suggestions as I was developing this one. You guys are awesome!
- Bosses now have Lovecraftian names!
- Optimized a bit (if things get out of hand stop spawning background particles)
- This means more bullets, harder game... git gud
- Increased the play area a little bit
- Less inertia on the ship's movement
- Shows the number of tries (game overs) on normal mode
- Fix a permadeath persistence bug
- Added touch/mouse support
Take control of a small ship and blast your way through hordes of enemies.
This game is also on itch.io!
Match the sin wave and press X to score. Don't touch the robots! If they start giving you too much trouble, drop them a doughnut to chase after.
If you make it to level 4, the special gold robots chase after you!