Follow
morganquirk
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #picketpuzzle-10 | 2024-03-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Picket Puzzle

Trailer

The picket line swells as factory after factory walk out on strike. For the exploited and the oppressed of the world, this is the moment -- but time is short. The arms of the state are mobilizing to halt your advance. Can you lead the workers to victory?

As strike captain, you must learn how to overcome obstacles, deal with police blockades, seize government buildings, and win the army over to your side. Brute force will not work here, instead you must think clearly and creatively to succeed.

Once you've started on the road of revolution, there's no turning back!

Gameplay

Unique snake+sokoban puzzler with lots of clever mechanics in the mix:

• Factories add workers to the picket line
  • Soldiers can be won over to your side, but only when surrounded
  • Police block your path unless you have enough workers to push them back
  • Radio Towers take control of the enemy troops - for just one step
  • ... and more!
  • 40 levels that challenge your creative puzzle solving skills.
  • Forgiving design: turn-based gameplay, play levels in any order, infinite undo.

Stuck or confused? Here's a manual explaining all the mechanics: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-xpxwokgk4aULF7_pv95NIb4ZjaCMkbPgcJhC0xAQh8

P#144108 2024-03-22 15:39 ( Edited 2024-03-24 16:30)

Cart #artifact-0 | 2024-01-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

P#139565 2024-01-03 04:08

Cart #crunch-6 | 2022-12-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hi! This is a playtest of a single level of Crunch, an RTS I'm working on. Let me know how you fare in this one level demo. I appreciate all feedback! I'm trying to create a fun, fast-paced RTS game loop that I can then attach roguelite meta-progression onto.

P#123173 2022-12-28 07:33 ( Edited 2022-12-31 22:20)

Hi! Do you have 99 seconds to help me out by playtesting this?

Cart #crunch-1 | 2022-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I'm trying to make a space RTS game. This is a test of a user interface for it which uses the standard pico8 controls, no mouse. I don't want to give any instructions - Please leave a comment if you figure it out, or if you have trouble or any questions. Thank you!!

P#123045 2022-12-26 05:12

Cart #escape_pod-2 | 2022-08-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hi, this is a game in the style of the Gameboy game Resident Evil Gaiden.

It's a work in progress, let me know if/when you get stuck or confused.

P#116039 2022-08-20 00:23 ( Edited 2022-08-20 00:25)

Cart #wavefn-0 | 2022-07-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

P#113915 2022-07-03 01:54

Cart #tinychamps-0 | 2022-07-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Tiny Champions Offline Edition

Play the multiplayer cart here: https://morganquirk.itch.io/tiny-champions

This is an autobattler game like Teamfight Tactics, DOTA Autochess, or Super Auto Pets. I've tried to pack a lot into the cart - 26 heroes with unique abilities

HELP/INFO

Buy heroes (3 gold each). Your team size is limited but increases each round.

Reroll the shop for 1 gold.

Money doesn't save between rounds, but the shop cards do.

If you buy a duplicate hero, it will merge and gain +1 EXP. Enough EXP makes it level up, improving its stats.

• Level 2: 1 EXP
  • Level 3: 3 EXP
  • Level 4: 6 EXP

If you press UP in the shop screen, you can move heroes around and view info about each hero.

In this BBS version you fight against random AI-generated teams, but in the multiplayer version you play against teams created by other players! Try it here: https://morganquirk.itch.io/tiny-champions

SOME HEROES

VERSION

7/25/22: Added tips, juice, better ult visuals, and the multiplayer version (see above).

7/4/22: Added a confirmation box if you try to end your turn without spending all your gold. Balance changes to nerf healer, usurper, and buff mesmer, zealot.

P#113508 2022-06-22 22:00 ( Edited 2022-07-25 19:56)

Cart #dievirus-3 | 2022-05-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Let me know what you think! A demo, 15 levels, no sound or music yet, working title, etc.

P#112149 2022-05-22 20:50 ( Edited 2022-05-22 22:30)

Cart #lorez-1 | 2022-04-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A simple demake of Rez for the Dreamcast. Just a one-level demo. Give it a try!

FYI: You can target up to 8 enemies before firing. More targeted enemies = higher score.

Update: Score still shows when you die.

P#110761 2022-04-23 20:52 ( Edited 2022-04-24 21:49)

Cart #picotrek-1 | 2022-04-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Two-player coop game on the bridge of a space battleship. Work together to loot and destroy all the alien ships in each level.

Each player operates their own screen - Player 1 on top in red, Player 2 on bottom in blue.

Best with 2 players. Feel free to try this out without a partner, but it is extremely difficult to play both screens at once!! Get a friend and try it out. Communication is key!

HOW TO PLAY

This is your status bar - From left to right it shows the state of your 4 directional shields, your hull health, how much loot you've collected, and the most recent signal that you've intercepted from an enemy ship.

SCREENS

From any screen, press Z to go to screen select:

UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT to go to the MAP, POW, WEP, or HAX screen.

MAP

LEFT/RIGHT to turn
UP/DOWN to engage thrusters.

POW

UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT to move cursor.
X to pick up/place a Power Core.
WEAPONS: makes weapons stronger and longer range
SHIELDS: makes shield recover faster
SENSORS: zooms out the MAP screen
ENGINES: accelerate faster and higher top speed
RESERVE: unused cores ready to be allocated, though weapons cool down faster if you have reserve cores.

Downloaded Cores work just like regular power cores, but are lost at the end of the level.
Later in the game you may unlock QUANTUM CORES, which have a special function depending on which system you put them on.

WEP

UP/DOWN to select weapon
LEFT/RIGHT on PHASER to adjust angle (See clock angles on MAP screen).
X ON PHASER to fire.
X ON MGUN to lock on to a target when the green cursor is right on top of it. MGUN will fire continuously once locked on, until lock is broken by distance or line of sight.

HAX

When enemy ships take actions, they create signals that your ship can intercept. Signals are generated when an enemy ship: 1. Fires, 2. Hits you, 3. Gets very close to you, 4. Is hit by your PHASER A or PHASER B, 5. When you lock on to it.

UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT to move cursor.
X to capture a ship's signal - you can only capture signals from one ship (one color) at a time, and you can only capture unique symbols.
Move cursor all the way to the right to select a HACK once enough signals are captured.

HACKS:

• TARGET (costs 1 signal): Lock your MGUN and aim your PHASERS at the ship.
  • LOOT (costs 2 signals): Take 1/3 of the loot remaining from the enemy ship.
  • VIRUS (costs 3 signals): Confuse the enemy ship into attacking its friends.
  • DOWNLOAD (costs 4 signals): Steal a power core from the enemy ship. (Once per enemy)
  • REPAIR (costs 5 signals): Gain 50 hull.

TIPS

• Start out by putting some power into sensors so you can see more of the map. Don't forget to power shields when in combat, or weapons. Engines are important for escaping a bad situation.
  • For new players, it might be best for one player to call the shots and stay on the MAP screen. As you improve, experiment with a different division of labor.
  • Using the LOOT hack is important so you can buy power cores between levels. You can loot the same ship multiple times with diminishing returns.
  • Try to avoid engaging more than one enemy at a time, or use the VIRUS hack to gain an advantage.
P#109765 2022-04-05 22:22 ( Edited 2022-04-11 02:07)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 09:56:15 | 0.076s | Q:45