In Astropocalypse you take control of a hotshot meteor bent on destroying the galaxy.
Use your directional pad to steer your meteor buddy and ram it into nearby planets in the current solar system.
Press the Z button to boost forward quicker at the expense of using more energy.
Each destroyed planet gives you back energy useful to prolong your path of destruction.
Use your radar to track planet orbits, but also pay attention to the red curves in the arena, follow them to find orbiting planets.
Additionally, ram into the sun at the center of the solar-system to gain back energy and keep wrecking those helpless planets.
Once all planets are destroyed, it's time to go for the finishing blow... destroy the sun!
Pay close attention to your energy levels at all times, once it's depleted it's... GAME OVER MAN!
This game was made for the AGBIC JAM 2021 and was inspired by an awesome famicase created by @SkinnyShips.
Note: There's still quite a few features and tunings I want to do with this game. Stay tuned.
Zombies have overthrown the city!
Grab as much ammo as you can find as you fight your way out of the zombie apocalypse.
- directional pad to move your character around
- z button to shoot
This game was made for the #LOWREZJAM 2021
Destroy the enemy red slime by slamming bullets back to it.
- arrow keys/d-pad: move the green slime around avoiding red bullets
- z key: every 10 seconds you can jump and slam down on bullets within a radius around you to send them back to the enemy
Shoot the Cores!
How fast can you destroy the Grandmothership and all of her cores?
- Shoot by mashing or holding the 'x' button.
- Aim your option buddy by holding the 'z' button (pauses the game as you're aiming).
- Destroy the big 'eye' cores to earn power-ups and get a better fighting chance against evil.
- Wreck havoc, destroy as much as possible for extra points!
- Watch your shields (bottom of the game window), if they get depleted it's "game over, man!"
This game was heavily influenced by the third level of R-Type. I still remember how it blew my mind when I first played it as a kid in the 80's arcades. Please enjoy and feedback is always appreciated. Cheers!
- HUGE art upgrade with help from none other than "Mathieu ' @p01' Henri". He was kind enough to spend some time with the sprites in the game and I think it looks so much better now. Thanks a lot Mathieu!
- Faded starfield when close to the upper and lower edges of the playfield, hopefully it helps with the boundary problems some people have experienced.
- Other small bug fixes, polish and optimizations.
- Work on the background "starfield": added vertical parallax for depth and added a menuitem to tone-down the amount of distracting "stars"
- Fixed issues with the upgrades menu: animates into the scene and it should be better about grabbing inputs at the right time
- Fixed issue where if the player presses back during the initial part of the game they never reach the grandmothership
- Initial wave of enemy ships now take one hit to kill
- When the ship is close to zero health, it starts spewing out more smoke particles.
Quasar Kid is on a quest across the galaxy to meet new friends and bring them together. Each new planet you visit is inhabited by potential alien friends. Some of them are not very friendly though, use your rainbow thruster to fill them with joyful colors and bring them to your ship.
- d-pad/arrow-keys: move quasar kid left and right
- x button: use your rainbow thruster to control movement up and down
- down+x close to your ship: launch your inventory of friends screen
- use arrow keys to browse your collected friends list
- press x to see details and potentially release friends into the universe to allow space for new friends
- press z to close the inventory
up+x close to your ship: skip the current planet and go to the next one
- A gazillion procedurally generated alien friends. Collect your favorites!
- Hundreds of different worlds to visit.
- A rainbow thruster!
- This game was inspired by a great famicart designed by @KeithAWood
- Quasar Kid suit changes color when more than half of your inventory is filled with friends of the same color.
- added some player stats to the inventory: times hit, planets visited, adventure time and number of aliens collected so far.
- other minor fixes
- New upgrade: after collecting 50 friends you can now see where all the green aliens are on the radar so you can easily ignore them (100 for blue, 200 for pink...)
- Fixed ship launch on radar.
- BIG CHANGE: now your upgrade power is based on the alien friends you have in your inventory and not on the ones you release.
- inventory is now only accessed by getting close to your ship and pressing: down+x
- now you can skip the planet by getting close to your ship and pressing: up+x
- revamped inventory screen
- inventory screen now shows the time the game is played and the number of collected aliens
- you can also do a "galaxy jump!?" from the menu (press <enter>) to randomize the levels again and start from the beginning (without losing your collected friends)
- added music.
- a new uber ultra mega rare alien color (1/1000).
- more sfx.
- Added a title screen and some tuning, polish and sfx.
- misc bug fixes and polish
Boomby is a special kind of bomb that never stops exploding. Help him out by finding the nearest pool of water as soon as possible, but not without collecting some coin on the way there.
How to Play:
- Boomby explodes (aka: jumps) every 2 seconds. Keep track of the timebar at the bottom of the screen, time your moves right.
- There are multiple routes to the pool, keep exploring if you get stuck or frustrated at a section of the map.
- Trampolines are a tricky, patience pays off. Try not to rush out of the first explosion after touching one. After the first explosion, the bounce rhythm balances out.
- There are 3 bomb "keys" (red, green, blue). These allow you to destroy colored bricks.
- Yellow Coins: $1, Platinum Coins: $5, Green Coins: $20
- The only purpose of crouching is to move the camera down (and to look cute, actually).
- How fast can you reach the pool?
- How much money can you collect in one go?
- Can you reach the pool without getting the colored bomb keys?
- This game was made in about a week for itch.io's LOWREZJAM 2020.
- I tried my best to prevent the player from being in a stuck situation, but if you find a case, please let me know.
- Any other feedback is greatly appreciated.
- 8/22/2020 - Small post-jam polish pass: added a bass line to the music and a few sound effects that felt missing from the jam version.
- arrow keys: movement
- z: jumping
- x: shooting
Time slows down drastically when not moving, use that strategically against the enemy.
I had plans to make more levels but I ran out of time (no surprises there). Hopefully I can make more in the near future.
Any feedback is appreciated.
Punch your way through 32 levels of intense airborne action.
Clear all the enemies on the screen without touching the floor.
- arrow keys/d-pad: move your character and select the direction to punch.
- x: punch
- z: jump
- successfully landing a hit allows you to jump again in the air.
- punching up in the air works effectively as a double jump.
This tiny 64x64 game was made for the LOWREZJAM 2019.