Quasar Kid is on a quest across the galaxy to meet new friends and bring them together. Each new planet you visit is inhabited by potential alien friends. Some of them are not very friendly though, use your rainbow thruster to fill them with joyful colors and bring them to your ship.
- d-pad/arrow-keys: move quasar kid left and right
- z button: use your rainbow thruster to control movement up and down
- x button: launch your inventory of friends screen
-- use arrow keys to browse your collected friends list
- press z to see details and potentially release friends into the universe for more collecting power.
- press x again to close the inventory
- A gazillion procedurally generated alien friends. Collect your favorites!
- Hundreds of different worlds to visit.
- A rainbow thruster!
- This game was made for the agbic jam on itch.io and was inspired by a great famicart designed by @KeithAWood: https://twitter.com/KeithAWood
I plan on adding some extra features to this game in the near future, but feedback is greatly appreciated! <3 Pico8!
- 10/28/2020: Added music. A new uber ultra mega rare alien color (1/1000). More sfx.
- 10/21/2020: Added a title screen and some tuning, polish and sfx.
Thank you very much for the nice comments, everyone!
@freds72: My original intention was to make it about the struggle between keeping your favorite looking alien friends or sacrifice them for more collecting power. So, in theory, you end up with a nice looking collection the farther you go (pruning the ones you don't like for quasar power). Your idea sounds interesting though, I might give it some thought for a future update.
It would be great to have a kind of monster encyclopedia where you can see all the monsters you have captured, separate from the monsters you currently have in your rocket (pokédex vs party). Completing the encyclopedia is a goal for some people, whereas monsters in the rocket do something else (powerup or combo?), so that there are different motivations for keeping or releasing them.
Each color has a different level of rarity in this order (from lowest to highest): green, blue, pink, yellow, white, black.
And no, there is no end game yet... once you get to level 100, you teleport to a new random galaxy. I have plans to add a few more features so perhaps I'll add some boss fights, a game ending and similar things.
Thanks for playing!
[Please log in to post a comment]