v0.1 by Dale James
The game is dreadfully incomplete, but I was encouraged to post it by wessen3000.
Feedback is welcomed and appreciated.
Down: Crouch (purely visual for now)
For now there is no real goal, just a tech demo.
- Tilemap collision
- Pseudo-physics (AABB)
- Kick-ass animation system
- Parses strings of hex literals and animation command codes
- 7 different animation commands
- Intricate jump mechanics
- edge-triggered jumping
- jump squat (see this page on SmashWiki)
- enforceable minimum short-hop frames
- multiple jumps
- forgiveness window (# aerial frames before jump is consumed)
- Tilemap import/export via @CLIP
- Support for 16 4-colour DMG-style palettes
- Handy debug mode
- Pesky blops
- Map scrolling
- Collision response
- Multiple maps
Hello, this is my first submission to the site. For the past few days, I've been working on this platformer framework. The aim of this project is to experiment with different techniques, and create something fun. I have decided to limit the graphics to a Gameboy (DMG)-esque palette.
The blops in the middle each demonstrate a different animation command.
If everything goes to plan, I would like to expand on the framework with more features (including slopes) for a future cart. In the meantime, feel free to pull apart the code , just remember that it's under the CC license. :3