Still not a game.
Added a frost spell, ability to switch spells, bullets and hurt animations, lava tile.
(up) or (z) to jump
(x) casts your one meagre spell
(down) switches spells
"Thaumaturge" is an awkward and ridiculous alternative to names like Warlock or Druid, so I love it. This would definitely be a cart your parents wouldn't let you buy because it looked Satanic, but your friend had it. (I need to stick a big pentagram in the game and get it in a screenshot.)
-> V7.0 Update. More enemies! More items! More graphics! More magic! More secrets! Less swamp!
This is a PICO-8 homage to Atari 2600 Adventure. It's not just a nostalgia trip; I tried to make it a fun game in its own right.
The token counting has changed enough since I first wrote this that
- You get one ship trip per game.
- There's a way to cure the curse of slowness.
- There's a way to open a gate without a key--once.
- Added tons of stuff!
- It's now playable. It even has an ending.
- There's more I want to add, but I'm at 7293/8192 tokens, so I'm not sure what will make it.
- (That's why the title screen is gone.)
- Added teleporters, ghosts and curses, the white castle, keys, doors, title screen
- Swamp very nothing, not sure how nightmarish to make it yet
- Technically it's possible to win now, but the game doesn't recognize win state
- Added picking up and dropping the sword.
- It won't let you deposit the sword in a wall.
- Sound effects relating to those.
- Rewrote things that don't get seen. Decided to go with purely integer pixel coordinates.
- Didn't really work on the duck yet. I think it crashes pico. It's dangerous.
Not a game yet, just want to show a friend a duck.
You can rotate the sword by holding a button and a direction. Not the button that shoots the beam -- the other button.