Follow
RandomCommander
SHOW MORE

"IT FEELS GOOD TO BE BACK IN THIS STARFIGHTER!"

Cart #12352 | 2015-08-06 | Embed ▽ | No License

I am back, and I plan on revitalizing an old Voxatron cartridge of mine called "Starship Combat."
I just couldn't stop thinking about this universe I have made when I got back on this
community. So I plan on making it better than the version before 0.2.10!

Excuse my broken Enter structure, my long name seems to have shifted my actual post to the
right by a bit. So I have to compensate, you see.

I do not know if I am going to be making a PICO-8 spinoff of this game, I still have a lot to
learn about this fantastic new console.

Other than that, that's pretty much it. Let the cartridge speak for itself!

P#12353 2015-08-06 01:59 ( Edited 2015-08-06 05:59)

SHOW MORE

The music in the internal folder with the ID 2097162 is bugged. When you are viewing a room and you click on that music to listen to it, Voxatron crashes. This needs to be fixed.

P#9191 2014-10-22 22:11 ( Edited 2014-10-23 19:28)

SHOW MORE

Zep, are you planning on online multiplayer support? I believe all you needed to do is find a way to hook one or more ip addresses to a host ip address and configure the bit transfers per keypress (or something like that, I am not a good multiplayer coder :P) and you would be all set. Of course once you are greenlit Steam could possibly help with that (I'm not sure how though...). I believe this will get rid of the problems with hotseat (two people one keyboard) multiplayer.

Ideas on this?

P#9173 2014-10-21 19:35 ( Edited 2014-10-23 20:10)

SHOW MORE

Cart #9188 | 2014-10-22 | Embed ▽ | No License

This is an experimental thing I am working on.

Title: 3D Ace Pilot Prototype
Genre: 3D Shooter
Difficulty: 1/5 (Prototype, will add stuff later)

Update V2:

• Added progress bar to right side of ship; when full, the level is complete (No level goal yet...)
  • Added two more enemy types: Gunner and Mine
  • Added Health Powerup (dropped only by Gunners)
  • Enemies now "appear from afar" (Thanks Kling)
  • Added more sounds, especially one to warn of low health (and the health bar flashes too!)

As Always I am testing out new ideas. This idea revolves around relying on your ship to tell your vital stats like health and current powerup. There is no HUD.

For this prototype, your goal is to survive as long as you can.

There is only 1 basic enemy. As I build upon this cartridge more enemies and soon powerups will be added.

[[WARNING: Native version only, as of V2 the Web version is currently defunct and cannot play this cartridge!]]

P#9151 2014-10-20 10:58 ( Edited 2014-10-30 23:32)

SHOW MORE

Remember me? Most of you do (I hope...)

After experiencing a hard drive crash on the computer that had the newer version of Starship Combat, I kind of got demotivated to do any more voxatron levels. I have regained my motivation, however, and I am willing to make more creative levels!

I'm holding out on Starship Combat for now because I have other small projects planned :)

P#9148 2014-10-20 08:52 ( Edited 2014-10-20 12:52)

SHOW MORE

Cart #8585 | 2014-03-26 | Embed ▽ | No License

NOTE:

This is only a test build, meaning it has one room, but contains a few "upgrades" to the older versions, which include:

• Free floating
  • Dynamic Floor base (3D-ish)
  • Better explosions
  • Different weapon firing skins (Right now only the laser, Integrated powerups (Triple, Blast) do not work)
  • Enemy debris (Small ones cannot be shot, but you can run into them to destroy them, bigger debris require to be shot a bit before you can pass through them. All debris move.)

It does not contain:

• Story
  • Dangerous Enemies
  • New weapons
  • Cutscenes
  • Planets/Stars/Nebulae

But the above will be added to the full version in due time!

~ RC

P#8586 2014-03-25 22:42 ( Edited 2014-03-26 02:53)

SHOW MORE

Cart #8303 | 2014-01-15 | Embed ▽ | No License

Name: The Trouble with Cloning
Difficulty: 2.5/5
Genre: Sci-Fi Action

Permission to use: PROPS yes MOBS yes (with permission) CONCEPT no

Info:

So as I am waiting for 0.2.10 to come out in order for me to finish Starship Combat, I am cranking out this little experimental thing. It revolves heavily upon the look of the robot. Right now I only got two robot types (Including their spawners) and I'm thinking about the background detail, too. I'm mainly the monster-maker, not the level designer, so these rooms will look really bland really quick. I am improving upon this idea, so be patient.

UPDATE V2: Two more rooms have been added, the exit is moved, one new enemy and one SECRET BOSS! There are also now wall panels and more graphical additions.

V2.1: Bullet speeds are slower, "Turrets" are easier to spot and their bullets are made larger, new attack for secret boss (It gives a warning on the "head" before the attack happens, but the attack happens randomly).

Coming Up:

One Big room, the first actual boss and more new enemies!

P#8016 2013-12-07 23:03 ( Edited 2014-01-16 02:41)

SHOW MORE

Cart #7938 | 2013-11-15 | Embed ▽ | No License

I am new here, and this is my first level. I have experimented a lot with the Voxatron editor, peeking into other people's levels for instructions and inspiration (Because there isn't a tutorial video on how to make a monster shoot bullets! :P) and eventually made this!

This is a four-level demo showing off different types of enemies to fight, and I have to warn you that the boss is kind of buggy, I feel this may be fixed in the 3.0 version of Voxatron, but for now that would be the best I could do.

I hope you all like my idea!

EDIT: As a kind person let me know, we shouldn't fill up the BBS with useless WIP levels, so I am just going to edit this thread every time I have an update.

P#7916 2013-11-09 16:36 ( Edited 2014-01-10 16:13)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-19 10:16:24 | 0.071s | Q:23