Follow
Kling
SHOW MORE

Cart #19151 | 2016-03-09 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Difficulty: 2/5 to 6/5
single player

I recomend the use of a controler or the key-mouse control setting

warning: the tazer weapon will break the game on higher dificulties

P#19152 2016-03-09 16:30 ( Edited 2016-03-09 21:30)

SHOW MORE

Cart #11377 | 2015-06-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

yes, I was bored.

P#11378 2015-06-24 17:25 ( Edited 2015-07-25 13:40)

SHOW MORE

by Kling
Cart #10545 | 2015-05-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

to put it simply, this is somehow a fnaf clone, its a stress management game, here is how it works:

your objective is to keep the being alive until the green bar (time) fills up.
there is a purple bar in the middle which will decrease with time
press x to fill it
press the button required on the bottom of the screen the number of times necessary

the being will lose life if:
you press a button that is not required or press it more than its required
you take too long to press the required buttons and they build up
you press x and any other button at the same time (you can press the other buttons at once, however)
you let the purple bar get empty

the being recovers if:
*you press the required buttons, the required number of times.

P#10546 2015-05-08 21:38 ( Edited 2015-05-15 19:50)

SHOW MORE

by Kling
Cart #10054 | 2015-04-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

a simple toy I made.
you can use Z and X to set the frequency and UP and DOWN to set the amplitude

P#10055 2015-04-20 15:54 ( Edited 2015-04-21 21:02)

SHOW MORE

by Kling
Cart #10053 | 2015-04-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

a first try with pico-8

I tried doing the simplest thing that one may do in lua.
a choose your adventure game.

there are 27 endings total, I couldn't do more due to the limitations

the golden apple one is my favorite.

P#10047 2015-04-20 13:16 ( Edited 2018-05-17 21:21)

SHOW MORE

by Kling
Cart #9826 | 2015-03-25 | Embed ▽ | No License

Title: 333
Version:333
Difficulty: hard
Single player

this is a puzzle game, simple, yet hard, there are a total of 16 rooms now and I'm not sure if I'll add more.

P#9788 2015-03-20 12:43 ( Edited 2015-03-26 00:53)

SHOW MORE

here you have the 3 maps for the temple, the forest and the sky, from left to right

basic information about this tutorial
There are more than one way of beating this cartridge,
the one shown here will be the easiest one (by the order of maps)
also showing how to get the secret sword: the divine happier.

reading the maps:
red: locks
yellow: keys
black: boss room
pink: bonus room (optional)

cartridge basics:
this cartridge is mean to be played with the arrow keys and the X and Z buttons,
the character is locked on four directions,
so using a mouse or controler won't really help here.

you swipe to kill enemies, if a bullet touches you, you take damage, simple as that
don't let an enemy jump on your head,
it will make your character hard to control possibly leading to death
(throw the enemy or panic, your choice)

your hearts are increased by going into the statue in the center of the hub
and collecting a container adquired by beating a boss and collecting it's key
(one of them is given right after it opens it's mouth, however)

there are a few health pickups in the game that you can pick up indefinetly,
3 of them are in the area you spawn in, 3 of them are in the middle of the tower.
When you are at a complicated position, you may always backtrack there to replenish your health.

you may get trapped in trees, don't go too close to them

adquiring the sword: a beggining
when you start the cartridge (at the hub),
go right into the portal for the royal happier area, there, you'll fight
a few enemies after picking up the sword in the pedestal, be careful because
there is not a wall on the back of it, so you may fall

on the second area you ought to advance carefuly,
as enemies will spawn as you progress, here you have a box that you can trow into the abyss,
as tempting as it sounds, if you would like to adquire the divine happier, do not do it,
simply destroy the enemies and get out of there.

there will be a heart container waiting for you inside the statue now.

First area: the mushroom temple

The first area you'll want to go is the mushroom temple, to the right of the hub,
going to it's entrance you'll see trees that can be choped down in order to replenish health,
use it wisely.
the first room inside the temple will lock all doors as long as there's a monster in it,
an they respawn every time so remember to go there only when necessary,
also DO NOT go left, there's a mini bullet hell boss that that will take you 2 hearts per hit
(I call her baddie), instead, go left, foward the first dot.

on that room you'll only need to aproach the board and on one of the corners
a platform will go up, allowing you the first key.

the key in the middle of the map is adquired by defeating all enemies once,
teleporting you to another key which wil now open the door to the bridge

the key to the far left is a necessary mini boss fight,
the prince will charge before attacking, stay away from it when it warns you,
as he will aim at you while shooting,
besides that the normal aproach to hold X while going backward works fine,
in this room a bridge is formed on the upper and lower part by aproaching them.

the last key is a similar mini boss fight
(if you're lucky you can make the prince fall into the pit of lava)

BOSS:King Mush

on the boss room you'll want to have all four hearts full and take a few tries to figure out it's pattern.

initially you'll have to defeat its minions
(there are five and they will always spawn at the same places)
after it, you can use the same strategy of hit and run used on the princes and if things get nasty,
go up the bushes for safety, this boss shoulc be no problem once it's pattern is learnt

there will be a heart container waiting for you inside the statue now.

Secon area: The forest

the forest is the upper area of the hub.
This area is actually much more complex than what is shown on the map,
this area is about opening doors and shortcuts, it is also where you'll find the imperial happier,
giving you an extra reach to your sword.

in the first room you'll find yourself stuck because the only obvious door leads to a shut gate,
in this first room you have to actually jump from a tree to reach the door without a stair and once on the other room,
kill all monsters in there in order to unlock the key to the next area (and opening the initially locked gate).

on the following room you have two options: run for it and go to the left door or defeat the optional mini boss.

choosing to go left you may go on a straight line (completely igonring the conveniently placed portal)
to a long room full of water where you'll find the imperial happier on a rock
(from there you can still go back to the mini boss)

choosing to fight the mini boss will afect how the room behaves aftewards,
when you revisit it
(by killing the mini boss the left door will only be open after defeating all enemies in the room)

the mini boss (big slime) can be easily defeated by hiding under a tree and swording it to death,
killing it, however, will lead to an arena event where not only you'll have to
fight a bunch of sheeps that appeared out of nowhere
but also the monsters the big slime spawned with it's death
(and the little slimes spawned by the death of those monsters),
once done, there will appear another portal on the upper right corner allowing you to open another gate.

now, back to the ignored portal to the left:
it will lead you to the area before the boss,
allowing you to reach a key that will open the boss room
(if you get stuck here you can just restart the checkpoint)

BOSS: Totem

this is a 5 part boss,
each piece has it's own behavior and it's behavior when it reaches the ground,
this boss is a bullet hell boss.

always there:
this top totem wil from time to time shoot a black layer on top of the area, it doesn't hurt you but it will block your
visibility, here you can use O and P to move your camera, but either way, your vision will be patially blocked.
the same head will also shoot a number of health pickups from time to time, remember where they fall.

the totem with wings will spawn little slimes fin regular intervals,
be careful not to be too close to it when it emits them

the totem with an arrow will also spawn a rain of bullets in four directions
on a regular interval always in the same directions

totems by order
the base is an easy one to go for, besides it's 8 directions,
it has many blind spots and a cooling down moment,
the problem here is to remember when the little slimes spawn and focus and priorize them over the totem,
besides that, the easiest way is to hit while it is cooling down and the fastest way is to hit it on it's blind spot.

the eye is only active on ground, it will become pink once there and will open and an infinite bullet wing on it's back
forbidding you to pass there, it will also shoot a bullet changing it's direction betwen left and right,
here you can atack left when it's aming right and vice versa, again, be careful with the little slimes.

the wing totem once on the ground will spawn many, many little slimes,
allowing for a monster wave constantly coming at you, after it, it will return to it's normal spawning,
right here you may wait before killing it in order to get many health pickups before the arrow totem reaches ground.

the arrow totem will open it's half to shoot a wave of bulllets
similar to the ones used by the eye that will cicle trough itself,
the idea here is to stay inside the safe zone (always in movement)
and attack it when it's about to change direction (slowing down the spin)

the last totem can't hurt you, you can just hit it to death.

Third area: The tower
The tower is divided in two parts, the first part,
where the enemies you defeat will not be respawned and the second area,
where you have to defeat many enemies in order to advance to the next floor.

the areas are divided by a room with 3 health pickups that are always there,
simply make your way up and you'll adquire the shield which gives you double the armor
(you take half the damage) and passage to the sky area

in here you'll find 2 new important enemy types,
the tiny brat which will run at you fast and the normal brat which will
randomly duplicate itself once and once it's defeated it'll leave a health pickup.

once you get the shield you can try to get the divine happier
(you'll have to go down the tower, however)

DIVINE HAPPIER: optional quest

read before going down the tower

The divine happier need the following conditions in order to be adquired:
1:Must not have thrown the box on the initial room into the abyss
2:Must have defeated 2 baddies (pink bullet hell mini boss)
3:Must have defeated the big slime

the 2 baddies can be found on the extra rooms of the temple and the sky area and the big slime on the forest,
by choosing the path to the right.

once theese conditions are met you can go back to the hub area and look for a secret portal,
that portal can only be entered once so be certain that you have met all conditions before going in!
once here if all conditions are met you'll have a set of four open curtains leading to the divine happier,
a sword that grants you 3 times the damage of the other 2 together with
4000 worth of points on the extra points pickups.

Last area: the sky
wait for it

P#9680 2015-02-09 19:02 ( Edited 2015-02-10 02:02)

SHOW MORE

Cart #18220 | 2016-01-10 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #17930 | 2015-12-19 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #9690 | 2015-02-11 | Embed ▽ | No License

single player

this level is an alternative to the robot vs dragon cartridge, since I already played it but wanted something different, this level featues 4 diferent guns and 2 subweapons which may or may not be used by the player, 2 bosses and a few arenas, enjoy!

this level includes the flame gun used in this cartridge, but not as a main weapon, that gun is not mine.

the guns:

Rubberthis is a fun one, unlike the seeder you can't get hurt by your own bullets, they have amazingly high damage, can multiply and bounce around but you have limited ammo. when the bullet hits something for the third time it will drop a rubber ban (ammo) but if you don't collect it in 3 seconds it will explode and the explosion can hurt you. While it seems like a hard weapon to manage, you can easily fill up your ammo by standing against a wall and shooting it so the bullets won't die away from you.

seeder: the green one is the hardest weapon of all, it shots a bullet that multiplies itself over time, getting darker and stronger, however, as it spreads it may also hurt the player, making it very dangerous and, even though it has the biggest Area of Effect (AoE) it may kill you instantly.

spitter:the purple one, this gun is the one used to test the levels, acts like the peagun, low damage, high fire rate

scatt:The dark one, shoots on a spread, higher damage at a closer range, low precision

mini canon:shoots a poweful bullet at a low rate, the sniper equivalent, high damage, low fire-rate

the extras:(right mouse button)

gunsword: a sword, kills enemies easily but has a very low range

jetpack:boosts your jump and slows your fall, it has a little delay to avoid exploits.

Edit: fixed the wall bug

P#9282 2014-11-03 16:09 ( Edited 2016-01-10 12:54)

SHOW MORE

Cart #9956 | 2015-04-16 | Embed ▽ | No License

Title: tiny chase
Version: Final+
Type: other
Difficulty: 2.5/5

its a simple game, about a tiny car looking for coins while is chased by tiny cops.

there are 2 maps:
suburbs: easier and simpler
circuit: harder but with more stuff to play with
road not taken: this dark road is similar to the circuit, but harder, be careful with the yellow squares!
tiny circuit: the simplest and most tiny map
water temple: a water map of course!

thanks for playing and enjoy!

also, a tiny preview:

update! tweaked the controls for better movement, added maps and tweaked sounds

if you don't like the two normal controls you may try using the "jkli" keys + shoot to a different style, it allows for an easier control by directly looking at where you need to go.
now you can also play forever, increasing the number of cars by 1 per minute.

P#9046 2014-08-31 17:05 ( Edited 2017-10-15 16:46)

SHOW MORE

Cart #8981 | 2014-08-03 | Embed ▽ | No License

I made 3 weapons, each one with its diferent gameplay, but since I still don't have any use for them, I thought it was interesting to disponibilize them here, please use it in any project you'd like, I would love to see it in action:

the spear
the spear is excatly that, a spear which you trow at the monsters, however, when you use it you have to pick it up again to use it once more, it would be great for puzzle games like pressing the button on the map. I couldn't, however, manage to make the trowing distance controlable.

the odd sword
this is a completely different gameplay from the normal sword, this is how it works:
your sword attacks when you collide the character front, for a better gameplay, the mob must also have the modifier used on the map for a nice knockback, is doesn't, however, protects the sides or back but it makes you invincible to bullets when you press shoot.

the lazer sword
this one works almost the same as the normal sword, the diference is that this one is customizable! you can change its size by simply changing the time or the size of the bullet, and depending on the bullet emitter it can have a lot of cool effects, like a sword in flames or a sword that bends like plastic, etc!

I also made a monster spawner gun so you can test the weapons.

looking foward to see you using those!

P#8982 2014-08-03 09:52 ( Edited 2014-11-28 03:27)

SHOW MORE

Cart #8955 | 2014-07-15 | Embed ▽ | No License

I'm sorry, I just, had to do it.

P#8956 2014-07-15 16:37 ( Edited 2014-10-20 12:58)

SHOW MORE

Cart #8944 | 2014-06-28 | Embed ▽ | No License

Title: Crowd control
Version: final
Type: puzzle
Difficulty: progressive

this is a puzzle game without the player item (except for the ending,because I can't finish a level with the scrip or with the imediate door) where you control a certain amount of little monsters with a limited number of actions, the idea is to get to the key, pretty simple.

dpending on the feedback I may or may not make more levels for it, but it is finished, so I would like to know what do you think about it.

P#8945 2014-06-28 18:09 ( Edited 2018-02-23 02:10)

SHOW MORE

welcome stranger!
post any suggestions here so the bbs can be more organized, please.

here you will find the link to voxatron's manual. (it's a work in progress)

P#8707 2014-04-16 13:42 ( Edited 2016-06-02 08:14)

SHOW MORE

So I was working on my second part of the enchant levels and I wanted to add a little bonus (which is actually a big thing) on the third room you see this big monument on the middle of it, it is a decripter, and it works pretty much like fez's tetris code, but if you press all the buttons at once it simply activates all the modifiers needed to the event of the code, is there a way to avoid this? like, allowing the player to press the right buttons but to reset the sequence if he gets it wrong?

the level (WIP)

P#8628 2014-04-02 18:46 ( Edited 2014-04-06 13:00)

SHOW MORE

Cart #8720 | 2014-04-19 | Embed ▽ | No License

Title: Help incoming
Version: canceled
Type: experimental (some sort of 3d space invaders)
Difficulty: 1.5/5

This level is a WIP, I was messing up with the character controls and realized I could make something completely different from the normal controls, there is yet much to do, maybe some tweaks with the control, a better aim system but mostly monsters and rooms it needs more work there in my opinion, but I would like yours too! what do you think of this gameplay? Should I add something? (like the idea of protecting a being while playing the level, some sort of companion or anything?) should I change something? (the gameplay, the monsters... anything) or should I delete something? anyway any comment is apreciated.

update: this project was canceled due to unfluid gameplay, it was just too anoying to go up and down to where you wanted and in the end I gave up, it would make more sense to use these controls on some sort of rage game where everything goes against you, but that wasn't my idea.
if anyone wants to work on this project or use it for something else, I won't stop you.

also, as a workaround for the life bug, I made a system of absoving/attacking, where you absorb your hits as hp if you are not attacking, there are no life boxes anymore. but it seems that you absorb more than you would lose if you were attacking if you get hit by the red cannon, I wonder why.

P#8596 2014-03-28 20:01 ( Edited 2014-04-19 11:45)

SHOW MORE

Cart #8495 | 2014-03-11 | Embed ▽ | No License

Title: Constant renewal
Version: final
Type: experimental
Difficulty: progressive, imprevisible and random

this level is simple, survive 5 minutes, the time is presented by the bar shown in the image, which fills one bar on each 10 seconds. Collect the items the yellow cubes leave behind, they give health and increases your score but surviving is more important.

yet, there is a problem here, at some point on the game, the bar that shows the countdown disapears, it was because there was too much being created at the samer time so I simplied the level a bit.

P#8493 2014-03-11 17:29 ( Edited 2014-03-11 22:06)

SHOW MORE

so I know most of us are just waiting (for a long time by now) for the 0.2.10 (which is a number that kinda feels strange for me) but I want to do something while zep works on volumetric lightning, two player and things like that.

so I have a proposal: let's do a jam!

why jam? because we want that update so we can make our wonderful ideas true!

as a deadline, what about march 26?
do you think that this much time is enough to make a level until then?

as a theme, I would like it to have space to a wide range of ideas so my suggestion is:

three words

it can be any word! if you're lacking on ideas to do so you can always use the random word generator.

this is not a contest, no one is to be judged, but it would be nice if we showed zep how much we wanted voxatron to become complete. would you participate in this jam?

P#8450 2014-02-21 17:18 ( Edited 2014-02-23 01:45)

SHOW MORE

this is not a game, it is an experiment.
I wanted to trace the way a normal monster would run around on the "wander" behavior, and I noticed that it makes some really interesting pictures, if you ignore the parts where it hits a wall and gets stuck it makes a beautiful wall of color (thou voxatron only let some animations to be active at a time) the behavior can be changed not only by the monster itself but by the animation, try it out too! I'm sure that the possibilities of creation here are really beautiful -

Cart #8438 | 2014-02-08 | Embed ▽ | No License

P#8439 2014-02-08 11:31 ( Edited 2014-02-11 00:13)

SHOW MORE

please notice that this level was made with the old character item, you can't change your character that way in 0.2.9 and this level will most likely not work on later updates (yeah, why did I do this? 'cause I wanted!)

Cart #8200 | 2014-01-10 | Embed ▽ | No License

Title: Parallel
Version: possibly final (maybe there are some bugs please let me know)
Difficulty: deppends on the player, really
Genre: timed puzzle

P#8201 2014-01-10 12:08 ( Edited 2014-01-10 17:09)

SHOW MORE

post removed (see commander's comment)

P#8197 2014-01-10 11:36 ( Edited 2014-01-12 20:55)

View Older Posts
Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-19 10:29:37 | 0.092s | Q:59