Latest Civilian Commando for Digital Monkey School, by Matt.
- Added a gun.
- Added a weapon armory NPC.
- Changed combat gameplay to allow for melee and ranged weapons simultaneously.
- Fixed collision in hot air balloon level and the war museum level.
- Changed behavior for blobs, eeloids, park benches and trashcans.
- Changed some properties for all weapons.
- To use the melee attack, press "C". To use ranged weapons, press "X". To jump, press "Z"
This is just a test setup to allow the player to choose which weapon they want to fire, based on the key they press.
- Added opening cut scene.
- Added "Levels Missing" screen.
- Changed main character head/hat art for story reasons.
- As far as I can tell, Voxatron 2.13 changed the way bullets interact with voxels, which could break the player progression. I will see if I can figure this out for the next update.
- The man in the opening cut scene is the main character, but in a different outfit.
- I haven't built any new gameplay content for this version.
The opening cut scene won't make any sense yet because the Chapter 1 levels have not been built yet. Chapter 1 is temporarily replaced by a "Levels Missing" screen. The levels I released in the past are actually from Chapter 2 of the storyline.
- I am planning on working on Chapter 1 levels for the next update.
New to this version:
- Added a metadata cart.
- Added "exit hint effects" to the final battle room, upon completion.
- Set all cutscenes to be time based.
- Removed HUD from Ship cutscene.
- Set room flags to be consistant.
- Set camera per room.
Fixed doors to work with 2.12
Removed Zombie flash / Hit animation
Modified all enemies to be triggered by kills rather than time
Fixed some room bugs. This is the last version that will be compatible with 2.11 of Voxatron.
By Matt for Digital Monkey School.
Change Log v.03:
-Added 2 new rooms + new area specific environment assets
-Added new weapon
-Added new enemy
-Fixed non-progression bug after dieing in sky level ( red flag for room 6 )
-Fixed ceiling collision in rooms 3 and 4
-Fixed some sounds
-Made knife instantly collectable
-Made life on respawn invisible and instant
-Removed some zombies in rooms 3 and 4 to make it easier.
-Zombie damage / health reduced
-Zombie random wander state removed
-Zombie hair color changed
-Zombies sometimes drop bandaids now
-Gave cannon sound