Latest Civilian Commando for Digital Monkey School, by Matt.
- Added a gun.
- Added a weapon armory NPC.
- Changed combat gameplay to allow for melee and ranged weapons simultaneously.
- Fixed collision in hot air balloon level and the war museum level.
- Changed behavior for blobs, eeloids, park benches and trashcans.
- Changed some properties for all weapons.
- To use the melee attack, press "C". To use ranged weapons, press "X". To jump, press "Z"
- Added opening cut scene.
- Added "Levels Missing" screen.
- Changed main character head/hat art for story reasons.
- As far as I can tell, Voxatron 2.13 changed the way bullets interact with voxels, which could break the player progression. I will see if I can figure this out for the next update.
- The man in the opening cut scene is the main character, but in a different outfit.
- I haven't built any new gameplay content for this version.
The opening cut scene won't make any sense yet because the Chapter 1 levels have not been built yet. Chapter 1 is temporarily replaced by a "Levels Missing" screen. The levels I released in the past are actually from Chapter 2 of the storyline.
- I am planning on working on Chapter 1 levels for the next update.
New to this version:
- Added a metadata cart.
- Added "exit hint effects" to the final battle room, upon completion.
- Set all cutscenes to be time based.
- Removed HUD from Ship cutscene.
- Set room flags to be consistant.
- Set camera per room.
By Matt for Digital Monkey School.
Change Log v.03:
-Added 2 new rooms + new area specific environment assets
-Added new weapon
-Added new enemy
-Fixed non-progression bug after dieing in sky level ( red flag for room 6 )
-Fixed ceiling collision in rooms 3 and 4
-Fixed some sounds
-Made knife instantly collectable
-Made life on respawn invisible and instant
-Removed some zombies in rooms 3 and 4 to make it easier.
-Zombie damage / health reduced
-Zombie random wander state removed
-Zombie hair color changed
-Zombies sometimes drop bandaids now
-Gave cannon sound