Cart #8303 | 2014-01-15 | Embed ▽ | No License

Name: The Trouble with Cloning
Difficulty: 2.5/5
Genre: Sci-Fi Action

Permission to use: PROPS yes MOBS yes (with permission) CONCEPT no

Info:

So as I am waiting for 0.2.10 to come out in order for me to finish Starship Combat, I am cranking out this little experimental thing. It revolves heavily upon the look of the robot. Right now I only got two robot types (Including their spawners) and I'm thinking about the background detail, too. I'm mainly the monster-maker, not the level designer, so these rooms will look really bland really quick. I am improving upon this idea, so be patient.

UPDATE V2: Two more rooms have been added, the exit is moved, one new enemy and one SECRET BOSS! There are also now wall panels and more graphical additions.

V2.1: Bullet speeds are slower, "Turrets" are easier to spot and their bullets are made larger, new attack for secret boss (It gives a warning on the "head" before the attack happens, but the attack happens randomly).

Coming Up:

One Big room, the first actual boss and more new enemies!

P#8016 2013-12-07 23:03 ( Edited 2014-01-16 02:41)

Your enemy's really need a wrning animation because the bullets are fast and there's no way to know when they shoot ...

els it's a good game

P#8289 2014-01-14 13:23 ( Edited 2014-01-14 18:23)

It is actually supposed to be that way, I mean, when you attack the enemies get no warning whatsoever. This level is designed to confuse you, you are exactly like these robots (well, most of them anyway...), you have the same capabilities as one single type of these cloned robots, you just have to manage your clones is all.

Also, it is kinda hard to get a warning animation going, because it requires a whole new modifier, and for some reason the animation/modifier combos in this level are acting up on me. I had to tangle with this problem on the secret boss. (If you cannot find the secret boss on your own, there is always the editor!)

Maybe I should have a warning on the turrets, because their bullets are the hardest to see.

Also, you're right about the bullets, they are a bit faster than the player's! I'm trying to fix this...

P#8290 2014-01-14 13:40 ( Edited 2014-01-14 18:45)

Enemies dont need warning from us they are NPC not player character. lulzzzzzz

Psssss: Secret boss blue bullets dont hit us when we ain't jumping. plus it's very long to kill and patterned boss.

P#8293 2014-01-14 16:05 ( Edited 2014-01-14 21:10)

I think that the level shouldn't have warning animations or slower bullets, since all the player has to do is to put each monster bullets against the other ones (something REALLY simple) and yet you ask for an easier gameplay? it's pretty easy as it is.

edit: how come you have a secret boss but doesn't have an actual one? more tetris attacks too!! make tetris fall from the sky or something! is really standart to have a boss shooting stuff .-. (if you want to make diferrent tetris with a single bullet just make the animation with zero frame length and a random starting frame and make the frames diferent tetris.)

P#8294 2014-01-14 17:07 ( Edited 2014-01-14 22:25)

It's also totally possible to take cover, those metal crates are ESPECIALLY helpful when it comes to trying not to get hit.

I have the feeling Blinddevil has a set algorithm for levels, an algorithm only he likes. You can probably see that algorithm in his now-canceled last unicorn level. Neither me nor most of the people here are capable of producing levels like that, I'm sorry to say. It's not bad, he can still provide me with some things that I need to fix, like the secret boss's "blue shots" going over your head.

Most of the secret bosses I have planned are either "HAHA WTF?!" bosses, "Interesting" bosses or "Woah that was an epic fight!" bosses. In this case this boss represents that the maker of this robot factory plays too much tetris (that is also a hint, actually :P). I worked hard on that guy's graphics, his movement style reminds you of a multimon (you know, the guy made up of smaller guys?)

P#8295 2014-01-14 17:26 ( Edited 2014-01-14 22:26)

Yeah, I have an algorith, every so enemy that uses fast bullet need a " warning " animation, but for you, I just said it was annoying when you randomly get hit unprepared. The level is still fun, and your tetris is bby far the best " boss " I've seen !

PS to Kling: "I think that the level shouldn't have warning animations or slower bullets, since all the player has to do is to put each monster bullets against the other ones (something REALLY simple) and yet you ask for an easier gameplay? it's pretty easy as it is."

Sorry, I never said that.

P#8299 2014-01-14 19:50 ( Edited 2014-01-15 00:50)

New Update.

This minor update should make it easier to see where are things and where the bullets are being shot to and from. I also tried to give the "TETRIS" secret boss a third attack, however, I haven't played enough with the monster editor to properly give a set warning time (sometimes the bullets shoot too quick before you see the warning, sometimes they take the right amount of time, sometimes in the middle, it is an unpredictable warning that I am having trouble fixing), so I hate to leave it as is, but i must leave it as it is to work on the "large room."

P#8304 2014-01-14 21:37 ( Edited 2014-01-15 02:37)

I'll fix it for you ! When I get home :)

P#8308 2014-01-15 10:17 ( Edited 2014-01-15 15:17)

Very interesting. If you look at the data at the bottom of your png, you can see some corruption. I wonder if it's related to your boss issues.

The level was fun. I think it has potential. For graphical enhancements (if you're at that stage), you should look up pictures of high tech labs, like CERN or something, and get some prop ideas from there. Fighting clones inside the large Hadron collider and having to dodge speed of light particle beams would be bad ass.

The secret boss was cool, but a little too easy and too long. If you made him harder but gave him less health, I think he would be more fun. I liked his beam attack and his radial attack though! Like Kling said, make his attacks more Tetris inspired. Falling blocks would be AWESOME.

P#8311 2014-01-15 12:35 ( Edited 2014-01-15 17:35)

Uf you make it harder and give it less health. You get a point here

P#8315 2014-01-15 14:11 ( Edited 2014-01-15 19:11)

Homework has me burdened so I cannot make an update, however, I am keeping everything in mind.

My planned "tetris" themed attack sadly cannot incorporate kling's method of "one bullet, multiple looks," because for the attack I have planned, it is not one that makes those blocks a bullet. I can tell you that this attack can make the boss harder, and I will think about lowering its health.

I might change the blue bullets into bullets that take on kling's idea, though.

P#8317 2014-01-15 19:55 ( Edited 2014-01-16 00:55)

I can't find a fix for your boss because I think it works perfectly ! :)

P#8324 2014-01-15 21:41 ( Edited 2014-01-16 02:41)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 14:33:21 | 0.030s | Q:28