Nemonic Crypt is a self-made-bullet-hell-lite-roguelike.
Fight your way through 5 randomly generated floors in search of all 6 crystals.
Each Crystal can be used as a weapon against the monsters in each room, but beware: the strength and number of monsters will also grow as you adventure further into the crypt.
If you miss an enemy with a shot, the energy bullet will bounce around the level, giving it another opportunity to hit. However, the crystals energy bullets can also damage you!
- Randomly generated crypt layout
- Daily Crypt that is the same for all players and repeatable throughout the day
- 6 Different monsters, each with different tactics
- Switch between 19 unlockable color palettes
- Full range 360degree firing angles
- cool looking dash
- Possibility for cool trick-shots
- A palette is unlocked for getting 100% accuracy and another for 0% accuracy. accuracy is bullets hit over bullets fired. There is no floor requirement for this palette!
- The paint palettes are unlocked through total kills, with monochrome being unlocked at 1000 kills!
- Too easy? press all arrow keys at once outside of the crypt to enable hard mode!
- Fixed bug where player gets stuck I wall (I hope)
- Light code cleanup and token mining
- Broadened requirements for nemo skin
- Made "hold o" only show up when walking on the ground floor
- Adjusted cart image
- Added Secrets to BBS thread
- Learned the difference between palette and pallet
Special thanks to:
A colorful snake clone.
This is my first game, feedback is welcome!
This game started as a simple snake clone I made in a day. I kept adding features until I ran out of tokens
Dynamic Colors and Music
With the Dynamic skin set, The color of the fruit you eat will be the color of the segment that is added to your snake.
With the music turned on, the music will get more intense as you get closer to the highscore.
(shoutout to Dev Quest on youtube for the dynamic music tutorial)
The base game of snake doesn't take many tokens, so I spent most of the rest on a fancy menu system.
The options and settings changed in the menus save to the cart.
You can change the menu color in the options menu.
4 Player Multiplayer
An up to 4 player multiplayer mode is available, however if the number of players is above 2, then controllers are necessary. I have not tested this mode very well yet, but It should work I think. At least the lobby is cool.
There is both a highscore and freeplay mode. The freeplay mode allows you to customize some settings and change your snakes skin, however freeplay will not put you on the highscore board. To compete for the highscore, press (x) on the highscore board.
If you get a highscore, you get to see fireworks that almost lag the game.
-Fixed freeplay final score
-changed main menu header