Follow
nemo_dev
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #toaster-0 | 2024-01-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Escape Toaster Hell

This game was made for the Illinois State University 2023 Winter Game Jam. Theme: Stronger together

Features:

• Esoteric Toaster Hell
  • Orthographically Projected 3-D Graphics
  • High Score List
  • Bread

Technicalities:

The 3-D effects in this game were achieved by layering 2-D cross sections of a toaster, The images were layered based on the screen position, to achieve an orthographic effect. These computations are relatively light and can be easily handled by pico-8's limited CPU. The platforms are similarly rendered, but slight perspective is added by calculating the two sides of the platform separately.

[64x16]

Tips:

• Collect two bread before toasting for maximum points!
  • Get a lot of bread points early on. The platforms get more difficult based on height!
  • Hold arrow keys when bouncing or toasting to halt your momentum, or give a slight boost!

[8x8]

Assets Used:

• 'Into the Darkness,' Gruber, Pico-Tunes Vol.2
  • 'Dungeon,' Gruber, Pico-Tunes Vol.1 [Sped-up]
  • Rotated Sprite Function, TheRoboZ, Lexolaffle BBS
P#139650 2024-01-04 22:24

Cart #momentumjam-3 | 2022-05-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Jam version:

Cart #momentumjam-0 | 2022-05-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls:

Arrow Keys - Menu navigation
X - select / hook / unhook

Description:

The first version of this game was made over a week for the Illinois State Summer 2022 game jam. Theme: Momentum
Swing between anchors and get to the heart! Avoid hitting walls or losing your momentum. Maintain momentum by hooking onto anchors when you are tangent to them. Hooking onto anchors at a bad angle will cause you to lose momentum. If you lose too much momentum you will stall and have to start over.

Features:

• 14 Levels
  • Save data for best times on each level
  • Practice mode for improving times on specific levels. All levels are available from the start

Update v1.1

• Added predictive camera
  • Added option to change controls to hold instead of toggle

Update v1.2

• Fixed bug with o key crashing game

Assets used:

• "Nostalgia" by @gruber_music
  • A few sprites and a level (13) from my previous game Nemonic Crypt used as an Easter Egg.
  • Sash Text adapted from Nemonic Crypt, originally adapted from Breakout Hero by @LazyDevsAcademy

Can you beat my best times?

P#112019 2022-05-18 22:22 ( Edited 2022-05-20 01:04)

Cart #nemonic-2 | 2022-06-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Nemonic Crypt

Nemonic Crypt is a self-made-bullet-hell-lite-roguelike.
Fight your way through 5 randomly generated floors in search of all 6 crystals.
Each Crystal can be used as a weapon against the monsters in each room, but beware: the strength and number of monsters will also grow as you adventure further into the crypt.
If you miss an enemy with a shot, the energy bullet will bounce around the level, giving it another opportunity to hit. However, the crystals energy bullets can also damage you!

Features:

• Randomly generated crypt layout
  • Daily Crypt that is the same for all players and repeatable throughout the day
  • 6 Different monsters, each with different tactics
  • Switch between 19 unlockable color palettes
  • Full range 360degree firing angles
  • cool looking dash
  • Possibility for cool trick-shots

Secrets:

• A palette is unlocked for getting 100% accuracy and another for 0% accuracy. accuracy is bullets hit over bullets fired. There is no floor requirement for this palette!
  • The paint palettes are unlocked through total kills, with monochrome being unlocked at 1000 kills!
  • Too easy? press all arrow keys at once outside of the crypt to enable hard mode!

Changelog

v1.1 07/13/2021:

• Fixed bug where player gets stuck I wall (I hope)
  • Light code cleanup and token mining
  • Broadened requirements for nemo skin
  • Made "hold o" only show up when walking on the ground floor
  • Adjusted cart image
  • Added Secrets to BBS thread
  • Learned the difference between palette and pallet

v1.2 06/21/2022:

• Actually learned the difference between palette and pallet
  • Fixed game breaking bug that would soft-lock game if bullet fired when downed
  • Fixed results screen text
  • Adjusted cart image

Special thanks to:

P#93662 2021-06-17 16:53 ( Edited 2022-06-21 16:10)

Cart #nemosnake-1 | 2021-04-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Nemo's Snake!

A colorful snake clone.
This is my first game, feedback is welcome!
This game started as a simple snake clone I made in a day. I kept adding features until I ran out of tokens

Features:

Dynamic Colors and Music

With the Dynamic skin set, The color of the fruit you eat will be the color of the segment that is added to your snake.
With the music turned on, the music will get more intense as you get closer to the highscore.
(shoutout to Dev Quest on youtube for the dynamic music tutorial)

Juicy Menu

The base game of snake doesn't take many tokens, so I spent most of the rest on a fancy menu system.
The options and settings changed in the menus save to the cart.
You can change the menu color in the options menu.

4 Player Multiplayer

An up to 4 player multiplayer mode is available, however if the number of players is above 2, then controllers are necessary. I have not tested this mode very well yet, but It should work I think. At least the lobby is cool.

Highscore/Freeplay Modes

There is both a highscore and freeplay mode. The freeplay mode allows you to customize some settings and change your snakes skin, however freeplay will not put you on the highscore board. To compete for the highscore, press (x) on the highscore board.
If you get a highscore, you get to see fireworks that almost lag the game.

And More!!

update v1.1:
-Fixed freeplay final score
-spelling
-changed main menu header

Can you get a highscore of over 9,000?

P#90144 2021-04-07 23:56 ( Edited 2021-04-08 15:15)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 23:37:08 | 0.163s | Q:29