Follow
beanborg
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #catfacts-0 | 2024-01-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Catfacts!
50 weird but true cats about facts

P#140608 2024-01-25 18:45

Happy 8th anniversary to Celeste Classic, here is my celeste-inspired ball physics game:

Cart #momos_momentum_grapple_demo-4 | 2023-08-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Momo's Momentum is a ball-physics platformer, where you help Momo the Mouse rescue her Mom from the mischevious Mr. Mobius. Use grapple hooks to build up speed and transfer your momentum to get around over a dozen platforming challenges inside a giant clock!

This is the culmination of working on-and-off for about 20 months, and leaving it be twice in that time frame. (Probably one-third of that has been active development). It's been scope creeped to heck, but I have a clear vision for it finally: I'm working to make six levels of this size (20-30 minutes for a first playthrough), with cutscenes, and bonus minigames. I'm in over my head and right now only have this one level to show for it -- but I'd like to share this level as a preview, because it took so much work to get here and I'm proud of it!!

Featuring:

• Grapple hooks!
  • Squash n stretch!
  • TUBES!!!
  • Rolling around at the speed of sound
  • "Celeste crossed with Marble Run"
  • WHEEE TUBES!!
  • A secret exit.....?
  • Sub-pixel collisions
  • 60FPS gameplay

Changelog:
-7/22: Version 2 changes the input method: Now you only need to use left/right, and it will accelerate you based on the surface you are rolling on. Now, up/down don't do anything. Hopefully this is a more intuitive control method.
-8/11: Version 3 reverts the input, buffs your movement speed, and adds a new tutorial. I'm still considering a more drastic input change, but leaving this here for now to gather feedback while I work on it.
-8/14: After consideration I have made sweeping changes to momo! She now is able to jump with the press of up, and will hopefully control better! The changes are all based around treating momo more in the direction of a character you control, instead of a ball you have influence over. Please leave your feedback!
I also fixed the secret exit not appearing

P#132148 2023-07-21 17:01 ( Edited 2023-08-14 22:23)

Cart #xicarus-1 | 2023-02-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Xicarus's Xtreme Xventure

You are Captain Xavier Xicarus (xe/xir), a thrill-seeking pilot in a doomed solar system.
In 22 seconds, the Xun will explode, taking all life and all planets you know with it.
In the meantime, though, it's a great chance to do some sick donuts around a dying star.

XXX is an addictive and deterministic score-em-up where you maneuver an agile ship across treacherous environment.

Features

• Addictive 30-second game loop
  • Refined, skillful gameplay
  • ZERO randomness; deterministic physics
  • Beautiful low-resolution graphics
  • Learn about doomed planets
  • Reach the highest score you can!

Controls

• Arrow Keys to steer your ship
  • Press X to activate your boost, once every 30 seconds.
  • Press Z to open your Solar Atlas, which lets you view planet orbits, and learn about their composition
  • Press "Enter" for options

Credits

• Brook.p8 - that's me!
  • Elyon - Lore ideas and support
  • Playtesters, including Kartik, Morgan, Nova, Tamsyn, softmagic
  • Shoutout to trans folks and autistic people everywhere, and especially autistic trans peeps!
  • Made for LowRezJam 2022 (I forgot to post it here oops)
  • Inspired by Outer Wilds

Meet the System

• Xun
    Remaining lifespan: 22 seconds
    A hot and burning ball of code and plasma, facing imminent collapse
    Our beloved sun at the center of our system
  • Xerth
    Orbital radius: 29,000 pixels
    Its neon sea, which neatly divides the planet in half, creates the perfect habitat for life as we know it
    We call it home <3
  • Devril
    Average temperature: 450°F
    Due to the high heat and an atmosphere rich in oxygen and carbon, this planet is constantly lit aflame
    Possibly supports marshmallow-related life??
  • Keple
    Planet radius: 1200 pixels
    This body's orbit is extremely off-center, passing both closer to and further from the xun than any other planet
    Due to the extreme fluctuations in temperature, and its mossy poles, it does not support life. And if it did, it'd probably be lame anyway. Like moss or something.
  • Bolong
    Orbital eccentricity: 0.42
    Tidally locked with the sun
    Due to its fast movement as it approaches the sun, Bolong's dark side is notable bigger and denser than its sunny side
  • The Cube
    Sides: 6
    ???? What???
    We don't know how it got here
  • Debris Belt
    Number of asteroids: 1.27 million
    That's a lot of rocks
    The ring appears to extend beyond our observable universe

Thanks for playing!

P#126320 2023-02-26 17:18 ( Edited 2023-02-26 17:19)

Cart #tweetcart_showcase-5 | 2022-03-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I've compiled almost all of my tweetcarts in one place, and put them in a nice little wrapper!

Features:
-Full viewing for over 50 tiny animations
-View (and even copy) the full source code for each cart easily and natively!
--On web, you must hit ctrl+v first to allow the application to modify your clipboard
-Sort carts by time, or theme, or size!

P#109026 2022-03-23 01:22 ( Edited 2022-03-26 22:18)

Cart #variable_width_font_beanborg-0 | 2021-06-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is not a custom font, but rather a supplement to PICO8's default font!
I was always annoyed with the M and W in a 3x5 font. But, with the new P8SCII features, it's possible to move the cursor with command characters! Therefore, I made a function that replaces all instances of M and W, and replaces them with a 5-width version!

It also changes the I, makes thin punctuation have less whitespace, and changes some other symbols.

Limitations:
-Mostly, issues with P8SCII features! So I think it should work fine with games not using P8SCII
-If you use use both the default font and custom fonts, you have to be conscious of where this is used
-Doesn't work with solid text background, since characters cover each other up
-Doesn't work with wide mode because the w in \^w is converted
-Doesn't work with wide mode because it looks like width is slightly different? Like m becomes visibily nn
-If anything is dependent on the length of a string for visuals (like x = 3 * #"lala") It will mess with it
-I'm back-updating my games to use this and will update this with fixes as I come into issues

P#93419 2021-06-13 15:23 ( Edited 2021-06-13 21:40)

Cart #flags_for_friends_v1-5 | 2021-07-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

What do an excitable asexual pirate, a cultured genderqueer vampire, and a lesbian bird who may be at an important decision point in her life all have in common? They're all your friends, and they're all counting on you to make an absolute banger of a flag for them! In Flags for Friends, you play as a queer artist in a post-scarcity era and make custom pride flags for -- wait for it -- friends!

Design the Perfect Flag!

• Use a limited toolset to create an awesome flag based on thoughtful prompts provided to you by your friends
  • Or, go rouge, and make whatever the heck you like!
  • Design the perfect flag using only the colors of your favorite pride flag - plus, one extra, customizable color, for that extra bit of flavor
  • Add stickers!
  • Patent-pending "undo" technology lets you correct your mistakes

Super Freaking Gay!

• Made for Nonbinary Jam, Flags for Friends is inexorably queer!
  • Diverse cast of 6 characters of different orientations and identities
  • Twelve built-in pride color palettes
  • Plus, the ability to create your own by choosing from a whopping 32 colors!

Export Your Creations!

• Press F4 (desktop only) to save a perfect loop showcasing your awesome new flag
  • Select the perfect backdrop of a set of 7 procedural animations
  • Copy / paste your flags as plaintext by hitting c and v!
  • You're free to do whatever you please with this!

Meet New Friends!

Flags For Friends features a diverse cast of six characters of all different orientations and identities, at different stages in their life! Even better, several of them are from other awesome indie games! Check them out:

• Video Hole, by JofiSoft, featuring June!
  • Gardener and the Wild Vine, by Finite Reflections, featuring Gardener!
  • Millennium Maximus, by me, featuring Captain Jack "Blackjack" Piratebeard!
  • Wandersong, by Greg Lobanov, featuring Kiwi
P#91451 2021-05-03 22:00 ( Edited 2021-07-13 11:55)

Cart #pushamo_demo_neuro_diversion-1 | 2020-11-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I worked more on my LOWREZJAM entry to expand it into a fully-featured title!

PUSH BLOCKS. FORM SQUARES. OR DIE TRYING!
Pushamo is an arcade push-em-up. You control a character, pushing shapes within a grid to form squares, which clears blocks and earns points. Bigger and more spectacular clears grant you even more points!
Your goal is to reach 4000 points as fast as you can.

The full version is available on itch for $5, all of which goes to support the Autistic Self-Advocacy Network!
The full version has many many more modes, including 2-player coop, all-clear puzzles, and an awesome scenario mode that changes core rules of the game.

P#84504 2020-11-20 00:53 ( Edited 2020-11-20 01:02)

Cart #bean_pride_2020-0 | 2020-06-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Found myself blocked with my other work so I detoured to make a nice small pride cart!
Thanks to Jwinslow23 for helping with compression and oxapax for constant feedback.
Comes in at 274 characters.

The patterns, going clockwise, are:
-Rainbow
-Agender
-Asexual
-Nonbinary
-Lesbian (with an extra white added)
-Bisexual
-Trans
-Pan

P#78009 2020-06-12 22:00 ( Edited 2020-06-12 22:03)

Cart #golfnado_pico_beanborg-0 | 2020-05-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello! This is my first finished Pico-8 cartridge, made for TweetTweet jam. It all fits in under 560 characters!

Use the tornado's rotational force to fling the ball into the hole!

Do this as many times as you can in just 30 seconds!
(My best is 8)

Controls: Arrow keys to move the tornado

Ctrl + R to restart

It's a mini version of another game I;m working on, [GOLFNADO][https://beanborg.itch.io/golfnado]!

P#76309 2020-05-10 12:30 ( Edited 2020-05-10 12:40)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 11:30:16 | 0.082s | Q:41