Niall Chandler
Wander the Cosmos
by Niall Chandler
Golden Goblet
by Niall Chandler
Mellow Meadow Deluxe
by Niall Chandler
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #pico_pong_niall_1-0 | 2021-12-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I made the best version of PONG in Pico-8 that I could. I hope you enjoy!

P#103254 2021-12-21 16:46 ( Edited 2021-12-21 17:27)

Cart #snack_scoffer_ngc_1-0 | 2021-07-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Snacks and spikes are falling from the sky!

How to Play

You, Aspen, must run around dodging the falling spike balls and scoffing the delectable foodstuffs.

• Eat 5 snacks to clear a round. Try to grab 5 of the same grub in a row for a perfect bonus!

• Keep an eye out for the rare heart and star power-ups. Snag a star to gain temporary invincibility for the round or capture a heart for an extra life!

• Get hurt by the spike balls and you lose a life. Get hit enough times though, and your game is over!

Credits

Snack Scoffer was created solely by Niall Chandler in the Pico-8 game engine. I had a lot of fun making the game, learning many things about game development and programming in the process.
If you have any feedback about the game, then by all means give it. I'd love to hear it, and I'd love to thank you so much for playing my game.

If you would like to purchase a standalone executable of the game, you can do so here: https://bit.ly/3xS4b5S

P#95095 2021-07-20 15:17

Pub Night

Cart #pub_night_1-0 | 2021-07-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This game was my submission for the GMTK Game Jam 2021. I was suffering from a bad cold during the jam, so I unfortunately wasn't able to make anything that good. Nevertheless, I'm glad I at least made something.

Originally, I only uploaded this to by itch page (https://niall-chandler-games.itch.io/) as I honestly forgot to upload it here :/

I hope at least you like it, at least a little. It's not much, but I did try.
Maybe you'll relate to wanting to join your friends in a pub...

P#94986 2021-07-17 10:30

Cart #jewellery_journey-0 | 2021-04-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Find the jewel at the bottom of the ocean, before you drown!

This game for the Ludum Dare 48 Jam. The jam's was 'Deeper and deeper', so I made the game about swimming deep into an ocean cave system to try and obtain a jewel before you run out of breath.

Features include: Regular & hard mode, 5 different language options (partly google translated so forgive any incorrect grammar in non-English languages), and 3 levels of spikes & old naval mines.

Also playable on itch: https://niall-chandler.itch.io/jewellery-journey

Ludum Dare Page to rate the game: https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/48/jewellery-journey

P#91100 2021-04-25 23:40 ( Edited 2021-04-26 14:43)

Chamber Escape

Cart #chamberescape-0 | 2021-03-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

My latest Pico-8 game is now available to play! It's a single screen platformer with 24 levels to play through. It's quite short - you can beat it in under 5 minutes if you're good enough. Can you beat it in under 5 minutes?

Also available on itch.io:
https://niall-chandler.itch.io/chamber-escape

P#89537 2021-03-25 17:21

Just testing something... not sure what'll come of it yet.

P#87356 2021-02-07 21:26

WANDER THE COSMOS

Cart #wander_the_cosmos-0 | 2021-02-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Wander the Cosmos is a space exploration game in which you, the pilot of a spacecraft called The Discovery, have been sent on a mission by the Galactic Federation to gather data on any & all celestial objects you come across during your travels. Use the map below as a guide on your travels.

Map of the Cosmos

Special thanks to @Gruber, Nerdy Teachers, @rustybailey, @MBoffin, @TRASEVOL_DOG, @thattomhall and @androyd.
Also available to play on itch.io: https://niall-chandler.itch.io/wander-the-cosmos

P#87270 2021-02-05 19:02 ( Edited 2021-02-06 11:01)

Golden Goblet

Cart #goldengoblet-1 | 2020-12-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my entry for the #ToyBoxJam 2020! The idea is that we're given specific sprites to make a game with in Pico-8 in less than 2 and 1/2 weeks.
I made this in one week. It's a simple platformer. Have fun!

📕Story📕

You are Ninjoe, a ninja from Meadow Village. One day, your friend Adam falls ill with an unknown illness.
The village elder suggests you journey to acquire the Golden Goblet of Legend, said to cure those who drink from it of any and all sickness!
The elder claims the goblet is located in an underground palace engulfed by the Primeval Forest.
It is a dangerous place. No one who has journeyed to the palace of the goblet has ever returned!
Good luck, and return soon... else you may not get back in time to save your friend.

🎮Controls🎮

Move:⬅️➡️
Look up:⬆️
Crouch:⬇️
Jump:❎*
Save screenshot: F6
Save GIF to desktop: F9

*Can be switched to 🅾️ in the pause menu.

Also available on itch.io: https://niall-chandler.itch.io/golden-goblet

P#85741 2020-12-24 18:18 ( Edited 2020-12-24 20:14)

Goblet Palace Development: Day 5

The final level is now complete! Now comes the bug testing, polishing, implementing the good and bad ending, etc. Also I'm changing the game's name to Golden Goblet.

P#85724 2020-12-23 21:53

Goblet Palace Development Day 4

The third of 4 levels - Primeval Forest - is now complete! I'm quite proud of this one, and I especially like the little puzzle at the end. Just one more level to go before my little platformer is done!

P#85697 2020-12-22 21:18

Goblet Palace Development: Day 3

The second level - named Sleet Sierra - is now finished. That means half the levels in my Toy Box Jam 2020 platformer are now complete! Tomorrow, I begin work on level 3.

P#85647 2020-12-21 22:04

Goblet Palace Development Day 2

For the TOY BOX JAM 2020 on itch.io, I'm creating a simple platformer (similar to my previous games). I've completed the first of the four levels today. The project is progressing smoothly. Tomorrow, I begin work on the second level - a snowy mountain range.

P#85621 2020-12-20 22:01

Goblet Palace Development: Day 1

Started progress on a simple platformer for the TOY BOX JAM 2020 on itch.io. So far the first of four levels is looking pretty good.

P#85596 2020-12-19 22:13 ( Edited 2020-12-19 22:14)

Cart #mm2-0 | 2020-12-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Mellow Meadow 2

📕Story📕

You are Adam Apple. One clear and peaceful night, you see a star slowly falling over the skies of Mellow Meadow.
Suddenly, you see it shatter into 12 falling star fragments!
Gather the 12 ⭐ star fragments and restore the fallen star!

🎮Controls🎮

🕹Gameplay🕹

Run and jump your way through 4 challenging platforming levels, collecting the 12 star fragments within. You'll navigate through a moonlit meadow, a factory full of conveyer belts, a soggy sewer and a construction site with a cityscape view on your journey.

🔑Key features🔑

• Refined, responsive controls that will ensure you have a fun and fair, but skill-demanding adventure ahead.
  • Varied level design featuring spikes, conveyer belts, bounce pads and more!
  • Optional scanlines that can be permanently turned on in the pause menu for an enhanced retro feel.
  • A timer for any speedrunners willing to try and be the best.

📜Credits📜

Game created by Niall Chandler (me), with music from Pico-8 Tunes by @Gruber.

Made using PICO-8 by Lexaloffle.

Also available on itch.io: https://niall-chandler.itch.io/mellow-meadow-2

P#85477 2020-12-16 17:03 ( Edited 2020-12-16 18:59)

I have an itch.io page

You'll be able to find my game Mellow Meadow Deluxe, as well as an asset pack of some Miscellaneous Super Gameboy sprites.

Link: https://niall-chandler.itch.io/

P#85318 2020-12-12 14:17 ( Edited 2020-12-12 14:18)

Cart #mellow_meadow_deluxe-0 | 2020-11-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Mellow Meadow Deluxe

Story

Welcome to Mellow Meadow, a place of peace and platforming. Travel through Mellow Meadow, Peachy Pasture, Glacial Grotto and Culminal Castle; and be the first to get the 12 golden gems!

Controls

Gameplay

You are Adam Apple. Run and jump through 4 platforming levels and reach the end while trying to collect all 12 (optional) golden gems along the way.

Key features

•Tight controls to make movement as enjoyable as possible.
•Refined and fair level design to ensure good difficulty balancing .
•An endgame ranking system - can you collect all 12 golden gems in under 3 minutes without dying? There might be a little something for doing so...
•Extras in the pause menu such as a timer for speedrunners, scanlines for those looking for a stronger retro feel, and even a debug mode.
•A brand new save system that will remember if you've turned on the speedrun timer or debug mode so you don't need to turn in back on every time you play the game. It also remembers if you've achieved the best endgame rank.

Credits

Game created by Niall Chandler (me), with music from Pico-8 Tunes Vol. 2 by @Gruber.

Special thanks to @NerdyTeachers, @Gruber, @Jerry_Boy and many more.

Made using PICO-8 by Lexaloffle.

P#84795 2020-11-28 13:48 ( Edited 2020-11-28 13:50)

Cart #mellow_meadow-0 | 2020-10-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Welcome to Mellow Meadow! Run, jump and reach the goal in this short & sweet retro 2D platformer!

Featuring:

•Tight controls to make movement endlessly fun.
•4 varied levels of escalating difficulty.
•An endgame ranking system - can you 100% the game in under 3 minutes without dying?
•Music and control options to suit your preferences.

Game, including music and SFX, by me.

Happy Halloween!

P#83541 2020-10-31 12:33

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 02:54:42 | 0.136s | Q:61