Follow
NMcCoy
Dragondot 3 (v1.1.1)
by NMcCoy
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #dragondot3-4 | 2022-09-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Be a dragon! Lay waste to your foes with your claws, bite, and fire breath! Gather gold and bring it back to your lair to grow in power! Bask in the adoration of your kobold followers! (Also you're a circle for some reason. This is Dragondot 3, you should be used to that by now.)

An action-adventure game full of secrets to find and new abilities to gain, drawing inspiration from the Legend of Zelda series among others. Map exploration, skills gained, and hoard stockpiled are all saved persistently, so you can continue your adventure across multiple sessions. Featuring over twenty different types of creatures to encounter, over twenty different skills to acquire (some with multiple upgrade levels), over a hundred map screens to explore (not even counting the dungeons, tunnels, and secret caves!) -- all packed into a single cozy little pico-8 cartridge.

You can get standalone executable versions plus a nice map of the overworld over at https://nmccoy.itch.io/dragondot-3.

P#72921 2020-02-09 00:18 ( Edited 2022-09-16 22:23)

Cart #dragondot3_v08-0 | 2020-02-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Behold, the (prerelease version of) the next game in the beloved Dragondot series! I've been working on this for about a month, got it to a code-complete state and now I'm putting it out there for feedback on content/balance tuning. (All the creature stats, encounter info, doorways, and secrets are stored in the map data, so I can adjust those without any additional code overhead.) Please, let me know if you find any of the fights frustrating or confusing, or are dissatisfied with any part of the world map.

P#72554 2020-02-01 01:59

A competitive puzzle game, inspired by Yoshi's Cookie, with magic spells and a Smash Bros.-like percentage system where the last one standing on the platform wins!

Cart #puzzlecoven-2 | 2018-12-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Future iterations may include adjustable AI difficulty, selectable characters with different spells, and some snazzier visual effects.

Update v0.91: by request, added "slip cursor" movement style using (X).

Update v0.9: board-filling code is more diligent and now cannot generate spontaneous matches. Vertical matches are now checked first for possibly historical reasons.

(Character sprite based on Oddball's 8x8 sprites; title/countdown font is Alagard by Hewett Tsoi.)

P#59284 2018-11-22 13:18 ( Edited 2018-12-04 10:32)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 13:03:02 | 0.125s | Q:19