Wire up your robot pals using sensors and logic gates to solve the puzzles and maybe even reunite with an old friend.
The original development thread is here.
I've put it up on itch.io as well.
Here's a silly thing that came out of another thread where I was contemplating parsing game content out of strings, and just how far to take the idea. Eventually configuration/data formats always end up becoming programming languages (heck that's how Lua got its start), so why not just make it a full programming language from the start? Get a jump on Greenspun's 10th rule.
So, I implemented lisp-8, a small lisp dialect intended to be used in pico-8 carts. The core code is about 1400 tokens after some fairly aggressive (ugly) optimizations. I could cut it down by about 200 tokens if pico-8 ever exposed Lua's _G variable.
And of course, once you've got a scripting language embedded in your game, why not allow your players to type in code and make a full programming game out of it?
Of course, it might take a week to type in your program with the limited input available on pico-8. So if you don't want to type in code yourself, hit tab to cycle through some sample lisp statements.
This editor cartridge is, of course, itself implemented in lisp-8. It's all in the first _init function at the top of the code, the rest of the file is the lisp-8 engine.
Ultimately I don't know if this has any practical use at all, and it sure is slow, but it's kind of fun. It gave me lots of good ideas about how I can better compile together my assets for my actual pico-8 programming puzzle game, at least.
My entry for the Weekly Hour Game Jam, week 1 2017. The theme was "Happy New Year", so I created a fireworks show. To add a bit of interactivity, you can move a cursor around and draw shapes with X or Y to create different firework effects.
I definitely still had a few things on my TODO list after an hour, so it's missing some polish, but overall I'm happy with what I finished in 60 minutes.