Follow
penthouse_guy

Wannabe Demoscene Coder.
PHG-DAF @revision and various other forums.
Always learning

SHOW MORE

So i read the manual, watched the tutorials and also looked at the [keys] section under https://neko250.github.io/pico8-api/.

Problem is that i cannot find basic keyboard inputs, let's take the waveform editor. You click a note. You accidently click too high or too low, so you have to precisely align between the other notes before you can 'fix' it, and that requires carefully not moving right or left (or else it will affect the other notes).

I use a high dpi mouse on a pro gaming surface and i slowed down my cursor, still is tricky. Aren't they controls like Shift+Up to go higher tone, or anything of that nature?

Note: the same is true for most editors includied in Pico. In order to be productive we need to have more shortcuts.... or am i missing something?

== UPDATE ===
Making matters even worse, some shortcuts do not even work at all. Speed using < or > ? yeah right. Not a mac osx .

== UPDATE2 ===
Reading through the manuals and forums, the absense of < >, snap to Cm pentatonic but more important the complete absence of 'backspace' (and therefore the ability to delete notes), i'm now 100% sure this is some form of bug.

P#43671 2017-08-27 07:09 ( Edited 2017-08-28 17:14)

SHOW MORE

Hi, so I bought a pocketchip just to run pico8 and i was a bit disapointed that it doesn't run near as well as i expected (stutters, slows down, etc).

Are you guys aware of something else? I love the concept of the arduboy which dedicates 100% of its very limited resources to the game it runs. I'd love something like that but for the pico8, or at least as close as possible (maybe a super light distro that boots straight in pico8 with all 'extras' removed?

Thank you.

P#43617 2017-08-25 18:16 ( Edited 2017-11-17 20:15)

SHOW MORE

Is there a keyboard shortcut to change the brush size in the sprite editors? I noticed quite a few others missing actually that would be very useful.

P#39835 2017-04-22 19:13 ( Edited 2017-04-23 07:36)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-19 05:29:49 | 0.097s | Q:8