Lil' Satan's Cake Quest is an old-school 2D platformer game.
Objective: Storm the enemy's castle to eat lots of cake!
- Transform your enemies into cake with your electric beams (z button)
- Eat cake to gain back lost health
- Maximize you health and beam power by eating golden cakes dropped by demons
- Hold z in mid air to hover while shooting electric beams
In case it's not obvious, this was also inspired greatly by the Ghosts and Goblins and Castlevania franchises.
- Added boss music and boss killed music
- Penalizes death by saving time spent while resetting everything else (upgrades and cakes)
- A tiny little cameo :)
The first 4 represent collision in 4 directions: floor, right wall, ceiling and left wall, respectively.
The 7th one is to tag enemy sprites one the map.
A strat for beating the bosses in general is to keep moving and use the hovering mechanic (hold down the fire button in the air) for shooting at his face.
Hope that helps a bit, dude!
yes, and yeah, I also forgot about the map() call. So, in your "FRCLD--E", D would basically be turned on for things to draw in the map call.
Enemies should have that off so they don't get drawn in the map() call but are still positioned in places to be read by the code.
This game is SUPER hard for me for some reason, so I can't comment much, but I enjoy the aesthetic, the theme, everything so far. When/if I'm able to get through it (it's Ghost and Goblins level hard for me for some reason!) I'll come back with a critique and full thoughts, but so far, it's really cool, just hard for me for some reason. But I also suck at ghost and goblins and people I know can breeze right through it, so I probably just need to buck up and practice like a good gamer!
Log in to post a comment