SHOW MORE

Cart #58320 | 2018-10-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Controls:

[Z] Red Player/Player One Drop Bomb
[W] Yellow Player/Player Two Drop Bomb
[Arrows L/R] Select Switch Left or Right
[Arrows U/D] Toggle Switch Up or Down

How to Start a One Player Game:

First, turn on the console. When the console is on, the game number can be seen above the play field. This screen is the game select screen. Toggle the game reset switch while the game number is 1 and you will start a one player game. Have fun!

How to Play:

The player with the highest score wins. The game ends when someone scores 1000 points or misses with six bombs. If you do not hit a colored block with your bomb it is a miss. If you do not take a shot as you cross the canyon, it is a miss. The deeper the block, the higher the score. Six different game modes for one or two players.

More on Using the Console:

Hitting the game reset switch does one of two things. It either exits the game and returns to the game select screen or it will launch the currently selected game. Use the game select switch to select the game number you want to play.

With the difficulty switch in the upper position (a), you cannot shoot another bomb until it has hit something. Setting the difficulty switch to the lower position (b), you can fire again before the bomb has hit something with no penalty. The left and right difficulty switches are for player one and player two respectively.

The TV type switch gives you the option of B&W or color.

You can only shut off the console from the game select screen. The game select switch only can be toggled from the game select screen.

P#58321 2018-10-24 04:15 ( Edited 2018-10-25 07:50)

SHOW MORE

Cart #45720 | 2017-10-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Created over two weekends for #3cjam.

Play a frantic scramble to knock bats from the sky and collect their stunned bodies to distract your enemy, Vlad Pitt, the most feared vampire of all Pico-8 games. Don't fall, watch out for bats, and never lose sight of the deadly Count.

Press Z to jump.
Press X to throw a bone.
Use Left and Right Arrows to move.
Press the Down Arrow to hop down off platforms at your own risk.

Game Play:
Avoid bats and Vlad Pitt while trying to hit them with your bones.

Hitting the bats with a bone will stun them until they are picked up. If you pick them up, you increase the amount of damage you do to the Count. If the Count picks them up he will gain some health back.

If you are embraced by Vlad you will lose one life and also all the bats you have collected.

You have 3 lives. Can you beat the horrifying Vlad Pitt??!

Happy Halloween!!!

10/31 Update:
Made the jump a little more forgiving.
Varied the bats speed, and spawning.
Stunned bat bodies now blink giving a bit more feedback.

P#45614 2017-10-29 22:31 ( Edited 2017-10-31 20:04)

SHOW MORE

Cart #43517 | 2017-08-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is my lowrezjam 2017 entry. I wanted to recreate the lost woods type of maze in the zelda series. There are things I am happy with, and things I am not. I am going to write up an article about what I gained from doing this jam, even though I didn't submit the actual entry in time. It's a journey not the destination kind of thing when you are learning.

So, make your way through a week as a ghost trying to find your way around a strange place. If you like memorizing long strings of four possible directions then this is for you. You have one maze per day to figure your way out and each day the length increases. Its a Monday through Sunday grind.

It's not much, but enjoy it for a few minutes.

P#43518 2017-08-21 14:28 ( Edited 2017-08-21 18:28)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-19 05:05:57 | 0.085s | Q:14