This is a game I've been coding for a bit, Linecraft! This is my first and biggest demake (though I've been working in other non-published projects before) so I'm very excited that other people will try it!
Also, I'll keep it updated, so if you find any bug, leave it down below on the comments! I'll check them out and fix them in the following versions.

The sounds and music were made by Munchkin (thank you :D) and the code and graphics were made by me.

So have fun playing it! I hope you like it :)

(mouse support is broken, but I think it's just because it uses the delta movement to capture mouse movement which I guess doesn't work on the BBS. Loading #linecraft on your pico player should fix it)

WARNING IF PLAYING ON WEBSITE: Your worlds will get deleted once you reload the page/close it. Export your worlds by selecting your world, going to the options menu and clicking "Export World". It will send the world data to your clipboard. Mobile players cannot press CTRL-C to allow the copy to go through, so sadly they cannot preserve any worlds they save.

Cart #linecraft-8 | 2024-04-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Version Log

V1.2
Fixed: Sandstone dropping the wrong item when broken.
Added: One more optimization on the 3D engine, removing 8-20% off the cpu usage.

V1.1
[Forgot to mention] Added: colored faces on top and bottom of ores so it can be spotted better.
Fixed: Trees spawning no matter if the setting on the superflat world was set as 'No'.
Fixed: Mouse sensitivity incorrectly set on first load.
Fixed: Creating a new world and exiting without saving creates a "phantom world" in the launcher cart.
Fixed: Sound bug occurs when grabbing an item with a full inventory.
Changed: Mobs can now attack you (or shoot arrows) while they're on the hurt cooldown.
Fixed: Audio becomes garbled when saving while a song is playing.
Added: Cheats option in the Create World menu (+ three rudimentary cheat options in the inventory)

V1.0
First game version

P#144361 2024-03-25 02:55 ( Edited 2024-04-14 16:04)

this is so sick how did you even make this also the fact that this is playable on mobile makes it even more impressive but its very hard to play xd
anyways i found gold and lapis but i couldnt find diamonds :(

P#144384 2024-03-25 06:23

It took me a year of pain to code it all together since I kept running out of tokens (literally the game cart is pure gibberish from how optimized I had to make it) this game pretty much goes over every limit set in pico-8, but I guess in the end it was possible lol

Also yeah, playing with buttons is kinda hard since there's not a lot of them, I tried making the best combination to be the most comfortable but there isn't much I could do, it will always be finicky to play, and pure hell to fight a mob lol. You can always change the layout in the settings if you want to, if you found a more comfortable setting

P#144393 2024-03-25 08:55

I am surprised this is even possible

P#144463 2024-03-25 20:54

Me: "Why's the ground in the sky? and what's this pole thing doing h- oh wait it's a tree" 🤣
So far I managed to craft a workbench, make stone tools, make a tiny house on a hill, slay my first zombie + chicken + pig + sheep, and run away from my first skeleton. This is an amazing demake.

P#144468 2024-03-25 22:35

The second I enter a world while using the pico-8 app, keyboard and mouse support seems to stop working. I'm facing directly down and can't rotate the camera at all, with mouse or arrow keys. I can walk forwards and backwards but that's about it. If I pause then I can't use the mouse to select any buttons and if I use arrow keys, the cursor jumps all the way to the corners of the screen.

P#144473 2024-03-25 23:44

ooooggll I think that is an issue with mouse configuration... Going to the mouse settings and fiddling with the sensitivities should fix that up.

P#144485 2024-03-26 01:18

Good to see this project being released!

Excellent work and polish.

note: got a bug where I'd insta-die on a new level I just reloaded.

P#144578 2024-03-26 20:40

Hi freds :) thank you, I will look into that too. I might do an update soon just to fix all the broken stuff.

P#144770 2024-03-28 01:20

Impressive. But the button controls are weird.

P#144772 2024-03-28 01:42

Awesome game, tryna play form release day so I can have the oldest world 😇 (I’m in a cave mining away)

P#145548 2024-04-03 05:15

Found a small bug, seems like it might be an overflow issue. Only seems to happen standing at this angle.

P#146022 2024-04-08 03:54

Oh that's funny, it's indeed an overflow bug! One side of a block highlighter is getting rendered at one end the number limit (32767) and the other side of it is getting rendered at the other end of the number limit (-32768). I don't know how to fix it, as it requires remaking some stuff from my renderer and highlight system... I might fix it in the future, though it might stay with us for a bit :P (also I should've mentioned it in the post, but you can increase the render distance! it's by going to the options > video settings)

P#146024 2024-04-08 04:06 ( Edited 2024-04-08 04:07)

This is why I love pico-8. I'm surprised you even got fluid mechanics in there and mobs too. Fantastic job and I'm having fun with this!

P#146227 2024-04-10 03:31

Can you use the player 2 controls as a way to have extra buttons? It would make it a whole lot easier because my devkit mouse does not work

P#147272 2024-04-24 20:12

Well I wanted to, but then I got told it would break compatibility with mobile and handheld console users, since they only allow one player support. I could maybe add it as an optional feature but that would need a rewrite on the game cart which would require even more tokens, and a launcher rewrite too which just looks like too much work for the small chance that people have two-player button support but not devkit

P#147296 2024-04-25 13:33

[Please log in to post a comment]