Picopicotron is a toy desktop environment with a bunch of silly programs included. I wrote it in anticipation of Zep's actual Picotron but I doubt there are any similarities. :D
- Play tiny games!
- Live coding with a very limited version of LUA and pico8 commands!
- Copy & Paste code!
- Change the graphics of most things in real time!
- Take notes and have eyes follow your cursor!
- Mouse required!
- Start up sound by Gruber Music!
Hope you'll like it and have fun!
Very well done Johan. Only tried on mobile so far but can't wait to rock it on desktop for the full experience!
This is so cool :D I hope zep sees and acknowledges this :) Feels pretty great to use too!
Hahaha this is really cool. I just won the card game :)
Wow. I tried making something sort of like this a while ago, but this is way better! :)
(Could you give some examples for the live code editor? I can't figure out how to do if statements. I tried digging into the code of the project, which helped a little, but its too advanced for me.)
Seems to be running better, @johanp. Really good ! Gold star work.
Suggest you have a configuration option to change background pattern of OS, perhaps change shape and image of mouse pointer. All the comforts of a good new OS. :)
Also is the information saved so if rebooting later it can be retrieved ? Prefs, cards, paint, code, notes ?
Thanks for the kind words everyone!
@Munchkin - At the core, the live coding does a couple of things.
- detect the command and arguments by finding the ()'s and splitting
- then just run the corresponding command (if there is a match) and pass the arguments using unpack(split(arg_str))
@Munchkin - I made a standalone example: https://pastebin.com/jkhCTcn8
I will be replacing my os with this masterpiece.
but all jokes aside, great game/os
[Please log in to post a comment]