Picopicotron is a toy desktop environment with a bunch of silly programs included. I wrote it in anticipation of Zep's actual Picotron but I doubt there are any similarities. :D
- Play tiny games!
- Live coding with a very limited version of LUA and pico8 commands!
- Copy & Paste code!
- Change the graphics of most things in real time!
- Take notes and have eyes follow your cursor!
- Mouse required!
- Start up sound by Gruber Music!
Hope you'll like it and have fun!
Wow. I tried making something sort of like this a while ago, but this is way better! :)
(Could you give some examples for the live code editor? I can't figure out how to do if statements. I tried digging into the code of the project, which helped a little, but its too advanced for me.)
Seems to be running better, @johanp. Really good ! Gold star work.
Suggest you have a configuration option to change background pattern of OS, perhaps change shape and image of mouse pointer. All the comforts of a good new OS. :)
Also is the information saved so if rebooting later it can be retrieved ? Prefs, cards, paint, code, notes ?
Thanks for the kind words everyone!
@Munchkin - At the core, the live coding does a couple of things.
- detect the command and arguments by finding the ()'s and splitting
- then just run the corresponding command (if there is a match) and pass the arguments using unpack(split(arg_str))
[Please log in to post a comment]