Follow
LouieChapm
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #kalikan_menu-6 | 2023-07-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Kalikan is a vertically scrolling bullet hell 'shmup inspired by Dodonpachi- pushing the limits of ~virtual~ hardware . Control one of 3 1 ship(s) featuring two varied attack modes . Maintain your chain to compete for the highest scores

*NOTE: Kalikan is a work in progress . Things are subject to change- and your feedback is incredibly welcome . If you enjoy Kalikan and have something you watch added , edited , changed , or removed , let me know !

Controls

• Use the arrow keys to move
  • Use the X key to shoot
  • Use the Z key to bomb

Scoring

Kalikan features GPS ( get point system ) scoring , for maximum points you will need to combo enemy kills together into long chains which increase your score multiplier exponentially !

Additionally , medals can be chained together to multiply their value !

Timeline

Will be taking a break from this project for a bit , but will likely come back eventually .

Thanks for your support <3 - Louie

P#131586 2023-07-03 13:26 ( Edited 2023-07-08 15:22)

Cart #warwind-6 | 2023-06-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

WARWIND is an open world shmuptroidvania game with a focus on challenging , yet rewarding bullet hell boss fights- and achieving a sense of exploration in a vast open world . Fight your way through 4 different areas and unlock new ships by killing bosses !

Controls

• Use the arrow keys to move
  • Use the X key to shoot
  • Use the Z key to dash

Behind the Scenes

WARWIND was solo developed over a month to take part in the Lazy Dev's "SHMUP Showcase" . I'd like to thank everyone that offered feedback on the game during development , particularly in the Lazy Devs discord community . Unfortunately I didn't get the time to make the final boss in time for the deadline . As this is quite an old project by now , I likely won't be touching it again

Check out the itch.io page !

P#130740 2023-06-10 03:07 ( Edited 2023-06-10 03:31)

Cart #calico-6 | 2023-06-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Rules

Select a single patch tile from your hand and sew it into your quilt, then draw another patch into your hand from the three available. If you are able to create a color group, you may sew a button onto your quilt. If you are able to create a pattern combination that is attractive to any of the cats, it will come over and curl up on your quilt! At the end of the game, you score points for buttons, cats, and how well you were able to complete your unique quilt pattern.

Calico is a complex game ! I highly recommend playing the tutorial before your first game .

FAQ :

• Design goal "=/=" means have none of the same colour or pattern
  • Colour tokens are always worth 3 points !
  • When taking quilt tokens from The Market the tile furthest to the left is removed also

Controls

• Use the X key to place tiles
  • Use the Z key to control the camera
  • Double tap Z to view the patterns

Calico is playable on Mobile ! Be sure to access the pico8 menu and press "swap camera mode" to switch the freecam from a press and hold , to a toggle . This makes the game more comfortable to play on mobile devices !

FEATURES :

• 🧐 challenging yet rewarding gameplay
  • 🥇 try to beat your high score !
  • 🏆 25 unlockable achievements
  • 🐈 3 hi resolution cat art images
  • 🎹 relaxing soundtrack

*FINAL NOTE: Please support Kevin Russ , Flatout Games , and Monster Couch who are responsible for designing , publishing , and developing the digital adaptation (respectively) . This project is simply a work of adoration for these three groups of people , and I am not trying to compete with these people or products in any form . If you have any comments or concern please email me at [email protected] . Finally , if you enjoy this "demake" please direct your money to the talented people who originally created this product

P#130739 2023-06-10 02:49 ( Edited 2023-06-10 03:33)

Cart #calico-4 | 2023-03-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Rules

Select a single patch tile from your hand and sew it into your quilt, then draw another patch into your hand from the three available. If you are able to create a color group, you may sew a button onto your quilt. If you are able to create a pattern combination that is attractive to any of the cats, it will come over and curl up on your quilt! At the end of the game, you score points for buttons, cats, and how well you were able to complete your unique quilt pattern.

Calico is a complex game ! I highly recommend playing the tutorial before your first game .

FAQ :

• Design goal "=/=" means have none of the same colour or pattern
  • Colour tokens are always worth 3 points !
  • When taking quilt tokens from The Market the tile furthest to the left is removed also

Controls

• Use the X key to place tiles
  • Use the Z key to control the camera
  • Double tap Z to view the patterns

Calico is playable on Mobile ! Be sure to access the pico8 menu and press "swap camera mode" to switch the freecam from a press and hold , to a toggle . This makes the game more comfortable to play on mobile devices !

FEATURES :

• 🧐 challenging yet rewarding gameplay
  • 🥇 try to beat your high score !
  • 🏆 25 unlockable achievements
  • 🐈 3 hi resolution cat art images
  • 🎹 relaxing soundtrack

*FINAL NOTE: Please support Kevin Russ , Flatout Games , and Monster Couch who are responsible for designing , publishing , and developing the digital adaptation (respectively) . This project is simply a work of adoration for these three groups of people , and I am not trying to compete with these people or products in any form . If you have any comments or concern please email me at [email protected] . Finally , if you enjoy this "demake" please direct your money to the talented people who originally created this product

P#126944 2023-03-11 03:36