Cart #calico-4 | 2023-03-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Rules

Select a single patch tile from your hand and sew it into your quilt, then draw another patch into your hand from the three available. If you are able to create a color group, you may sew a button onto your quilt. If you are able to create a pattern combination that is attractive to any of the cats, it will come over and curl up on your quilt! At the end of the game, you score points for buttons, cats, and how well you were able to complete your unique quilt pattern.

Calico is a complex game ! I highly recommend playing the tutorial before your first game .

FAQ :

• Design goal "=/=" means have none of the same colour or pattern
  • Colour tokens are always worth 3 points !
  • When taking quilt tokens from The Market the tile furthest to the left is removed also

Controls

• Use the X key to place tiles
  • Use the Z key to control the camera
  • Double tap Z to view the patterns

Calico is playable on Mobile ! Be sure to access the pico8 menu and press "swap camera mode" to switch the freecam from a press and hold , to a toggle . This makes the game more comfortable to play on mobile devices !

FEATURES :

• 🧐 challenging yet rewarding gameplay
  • 🥇 try to beat your high score !
  • 🏆 25 unlockable achievements
  • 🐈 3 hi resolution cat art images
  • 🎹 relaxing soundtrack

*FINAL NOTE: Please support Kevin Russ , Flatout Games , and Monster Couch who are responsible for designing , publishing , and developing the digital adaptation (respectively) . This project is simply a work of adoration for these three groups of people , and I am not trying to compete with these people or products in any form . If you have any comments or concern please email me at [email protected] . Finally , if you enjoy this "demake" please direct your money to the talented people who originally created this product

P#126944 2023-03-11 03:36

nice job! this game is really fun! I love the music!

P#126945 2023-03-11 03:45

Thank you ! I'm really proud of the music :) so I'm extra glad you like it <3

P#126946 2023-03-11 04:01

even though i don't understand the rules quite well, i really like the aesthetic of this game

P#126948 2023-03-11 05:12

I really appreciate it @gastropodays44 ! If you want to really learn the rules , it's a real board game- so there's loads of tutorials on youtube <3

P#126949 2023-03-11 05:22

This was SO much fun! One of the most polished pico 8 games I’ve played. Great visuals and well thought out controls. I’ve sunk a ton of time into it already. I’ve never played the original, but now I want to get it haha.
This is going on my favorites list, and will be recommended to my friends. Thanks for the great game!!

P#140386 2024-01-21 06:17 ( Edited 2024-01-21 06:17)

Beautifully done, has a very chill feel to it, evoking a lazy Sunday sewing a quilt. The palette and design feel very unique...and honestly I like the simplified take you've done here, which of course is required from Pico 8's constraints, but it really draws you into the gameplay. Also agree that the music is amazing!

P#140393 2024-01-21 15:44

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 23:08:44 | 0.036s | Q:27