Follow
mkol103
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #toki_pona_dictionary-1 | 2021-03-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Toki Pona tool

OK, so this project has been completely revamped from the original. In addition to cleaning up the dictionary, it now also includes lessons that will teach you how to speak Toki Pona.

Features:

• 20 chapters that teach you everything you need to know to communicate in Toki Pona
  • Dictionary revised for clarity and useability
  • New UI and color palette. Looks nicer than ever

Enjoy!

P#88550 2021-03-04 21:54 ( Edited 2021-03-24 13:30)

Cart #mkol103p8wp-0 | 2021-03-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Pico-8 Word Processor

As someone extremely fond of retroactively useless technology, I thought I'd take the time to make an instantly obsolete piece of software. This is the Pico-8 Word Processor, the text editor you never knew you needed (because you don't).

In seriousness, I think this project would work well to keep away distractions when writing. It strips writing down to the bare essentials, almost like writing on a typewriter. No superfluous fluff here; only the written word.

This is my first Pico-8 published project, so let me know what you think or if you can think of any additions. In the future, I'd love to create a version compatible with non-keyboarded hardware (see below) and to include more calming classical music (like clair de lune)

Features:

• 27 characters per line, 13 lines per screen; all in a stylish, yet readable font
  • Supports both uppercase and lowercase letters
  • Day/Night modes, included BGM, and toggleable key clicking noises to make the experience just that slight touch nicer
  • When finished, export your text to a .txt file for further editing

Credits:

• daniel linssen for the font (m3x6) and @merwok for converting it to Pico-8
  • @RobbyDuguay for the BGM
  • @Gruber for the key clicking sound from their sfx pack

Virtual Keyboard

By modifying code from afburgess, I was able to make a quick mod that allows non-keyboarded hardware to run this software. In the future, I'd like to figure out a way to make typing a little quicker. Maybe I should move the keys around some more... Anyway, please give me any feedback you have!

Cart #mkol103p8wpvkv1-0 | 2021-03-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Credit to @afburgess for the base code of the virtual keyboard.

P#88455 2021-03-03 15:53 ( Edited 2021-03-03 21:40)

Hi everybody! I'm about to release my first full-scale project, but I have one final obstacle to contend with: font choice. I have 3 options, and I just wanted to see what you guys thought would be good.
Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:

Options 1 and 3 have support for uppercase and lowercase letters (though, conversely, option 2 supports symbols). Option 3 looks the nicest, but I have to use less of the screen for text or else it takes up too much CPU power. Also, the font is bigger, so it has less characters per line. Right now, I'm really stuck between options 1 and 2. I like the addition of upper and lowercase letters, but to be honest, I'm not sure that makes up for it being sort of ugly.

Anyway, let me know what you think :)

P#88174 2021-02-25 23:23

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 06:27:34 | 0.095s | Q:20