--[[ TAME CAT BATTLE ]]--
(also mostly known as rock, paper, scissors..)
This is a little game I made as an example of how to implement a high score system. It saves the player name, along with their high score into persistent cartridge data. It is based on my cat, who has frequent battles with our neighbours cat. I have however, toned down the violence significantly, to make the game accessible for all.
Go check out my project called PicoBoard to learn how to implement a high score into your game, or leave a comment!
Would love to see who could get the highest score, of this game of complete chance and endurance..!
--// PicoBoard //--
PicoBoard is an easy to integrate keyboard overlay function which you can use in your projects. It uses the arrow keys to select a character, and is ideal for inputting a character name, a high score, or any other short piece of text. If you are looking at making a project where you input large quantities of text, you might like to look at my other keyboard project, QWERTY Boy, which uses a touch/mouse interface.
--// 1.3 //--
- Excellent optimisations from Sibwara, resulting in a reduction of over 100 tokens!
- Keyboard sounds
- Picoboard can now be called in your project just with the function Picoboard().
- The UI isn't as large now, so will be able to see more of whats going on behind Picoboard
Still to come::
- Instructions + Demo of how to implement Picoboard into your project
- Some better SFX for the keyboard (would love your help + contributions!)
--// Previous Versions //--
--// 1.2 //--
This version has be written from the ground up!
- Now only 658 tokens (down from 5119 tokens in the previous version)
- The text display now centres
- New blinking cursor
- String is stored in a table along with a string
--// Legacy Carts //--