AdmiralEnto

High School Amateur
GameBoy Enthusiast
Learning to Code

Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
www.lds.org

[ :: Read More :: ]

Hey guys and gals,

I'm a 6-month friend to the pico-8 platform, being inspired by pico games I discovered on game sites, like MetroCUBEvania and Just One Boss on CoolMathGames. I spent the last two months developing a passion project on the platform and submitted it to a game site, mostly for the pride factor. They responded positively and are interested in purchasing a non-exclusive license and I don't want to overcharge or shortchange myself.

Do any of you guys have experience licensing your games? If so what kind of price and legalese should I be prepared for?
The game offers 1-2 hours of play and I put a lot of heart in it.

Thanks for your thoughts.

P#65466 2019-06-29 15:56

Cart #ozarkrush-6 | 2019-02-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

-

Save small town Ozark!

Play as ArgentBot v2.02, an old rusty excavation automaton who's the only hope for the small rural town of Ozark!
After Harold Pechengsky vanished deep underground, the town's last few residents jumped ship. Now Ozark is in danger of collapse! Dig deeper and deeper and bring back riches to rescue Harold and save the town! Buy, sell, recharge, and repair your way to mineral mastery!
Inspired by Schulles' "Utopian Mining". Play it on Armor Games!

Quick Guide

Energy-
Without energy, you can't mine and harvest minerals! Make sure to recharge often at the power plant.
The deeper you go, the more energy it takes to mine, so make sure to upgrade your battery consistently.

Integrity-
If you dig too deep, the heat will start to destroy you! Low integrity will cause you to move slower so if you take damage, heal up quickly at the Garage to the far left to maintain peak efficiency.

Shop-
Sell your ores at the shop after you fill up your case. You can disable/select which ores to sell as well.

Upgrades:
-Drill - Move and mine faster
-Chassis - Store more ores and take less damage
-Battery - Recharge less often
-Coolant - Dive deeper to find better and more valuable minerals

Controls:

• Arrow Keys to Move
  • Z/C to Interact
  • X to quit

Tip:
Hold X while mining for precise and efficient movement!

Updates:
-Smoother Motion
-Optimized CPU time

Let me know if any bugs or crashes I have over looked in the comments below!

P#61866 2019-02-14 01:20 ( Edited 2019-02-15 07:42)

Cart #dasohitoda-2 | 2019-01-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

You're just chillin' in your lawn chair, sipping a cold lemonade outside your sweet new trailer home when suddenly, HOLY CRAP! A wall of fire blasts out of nowhere! Can you escape this fiery blitz with your life? Run, flap, and flip your way to safety in this short and sweet platformer. You'll dodge spikes and walls and maybe even discover a couple secrets along your way. Good luck and don't end up as a BBQ!

This is my first time utilizing a collision system with floating point values. Let me know if you enjoyed this adventure! I sure loved making it!

P#61061 2019-01-21 06:58 ( Edited 2019-01-21 07:03)

Cart #57668 | 2018-10-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Become MZ1600, a robot trapped in a grueling and misty maze!

Use the arrow keys to move around and seek out keys and exits to advance.

Travel through 5 mazes on your path to directional mastery!

Please post your best time and find the hidden easter egg!

P#57666 2018-10-07 20:01 ( Edited 2018-10-10 04:00)

Cart #57387 | 2018-10-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a simple physics simulator using the equations I learned in high school.
Press x to begin and end projection mode and the arrow keys to adjust launch speed and angle.

One of the biggest problems I have yet to solve is identifying when the begins object oscillating (due to mathematical loops, 30fps, and approximations) and arresting the motion. Right now I have a simple fix but it is inelegant and isn't flexible.

However enjoy the marvels of gravity! I suggest downloading the code and messing around with gravity and other global variables.

Happy Coding!

Let me know about any bugs or glitches you might find!

P#57388 2018-10-02 09:55 ( Edited 2018-10-03 02:28)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 08:31:06 | 0.073s | Q:20