My entry for LD46 (Compo)! Created in 48 hours from scratch, mostly as an excuse to mess about with tline and the new pico8 version!
Delve into some ancient ruins following a mysterious voice, but watch out for the encroaching darkness! Keep your torch lit via passing flames and reaching checkpoints as you descend deeper. Avoid spikes, watch out for dowsing waterfalls, master difficult platforming and discover the ancient secret within!
Fairly tricky platforming, so congratulations if you manage to reach the end! Your time will be displayed on completion too if y'fancy speedrunning it!
- Arrow keys: Movement
- Z: Jump, Start game
v1.1: Fixed boss door, made spikes 'n barrel fairy a bit easier, other things
My entry to Ludum Dare #41 compo! Made in 48hrs from scratch!
The illustrious Rhythm Witch Anemone Reawolf has a problem - her underground storeroom is in complete disarray and the Storemaster's nowhere to be seen. Can you navigate a trap-filled dungeon, rescue the odd fairy and uncover the true mastermind behind all this chaos?!
Witchbeat fuses rhythm-game mechanics with good ol' dungeon delving. Get close (but not too close!) to your enemy and attack in time with the beat. Solve puzzles, find keys, beat up blobs and generally faff about.
Controls: Arrow keys to move. Z to attack/next dialog
It's been an idea I've wanted to try for a while. Some of it works... It's a little buggy, and there's no auto/input lag calibration (might add it later) so it's probably unplayable on some machines, but hopefully it works for the most part!
My entry to Ludum Dare #39 compo! Made in 48hrs from scratch!
As you awake from stasis, you find your ship's autopilot has landed you on a derelict station. No human lifesigns for lightyears, but an automated message was picked up that states there is a stargate several lightyears away to take you to the last bastion of human civilisation - Utopia!
But your ship is low on power and you're hungry and everything's really horrible. Can you scavenge enough supplies to reach the stargate before you die/run out of power/starve? Probably not! But good luck anyway!
It's a basic Roguelike where you have to scavenge derelict stations for supplies and avoid alien creatures. At any time you can enter your ship and take off to the next set of destinations, but this costs power, which must be salvaged from the stations. More distant stations tend to offer bigger rewards, but more risk and more power cost to reach.
- Arrows: Move char, select destination
- Z: Interact (pickup thing, enter ship, confirm destination)
- X: Cancel (close destination screen)
- Blobs and Hackwings will ignore you so long as you stay out their way
- Solar Farms have a tonne of power to loot.
- Find upgrades for your equipment quickly! Military Bases always have Weapons or Armor, but also have short range turret defences on site.
- If you use health kits at full health, you'll increase your max health!
- Don't starve! Habitats often have frequent food, otherwise you'll have to hunt monsters!
- Weapons in order of power are: Fists, Crowbar, PBlade, Pistol, Rifle
- Armor in order of strength are: Suit, Lt. Armor, Med. Armor and Hv. Armor. There's supposedly some rare experimental suit that supposedly regenerates health too!