Ran out of tokens, I will call it a day :) It's rather short, but it should be somewhat original and challenging I hope :)
Started this for CGA Jam 2017 but was (as always) too late and spend way more time
I'm most happy with the blood particles and fighting mechanics :P
- Left,Right-Run in direction
- Up - Jump
- Down - Block / Action (Talk to friendlies etc.)
- z,x - Punch,Kick
Currently doing an Adafruit PI GRRL build. So far Pico-8 is running great on the RPi 1! My plan is to include it in an emulation station menu - but I haven't found a good way to quit Pico-8 itself without a full keyboard.
My suggestion would be to simply add this to the splore menu.
Had very little time for LD34 - made in a hurry :) Theme = growing.
- Navigate with [left]/[right]
- Shoot with action buttons [x] or [z]
The aim is to merge and grow the evil boxes in order to have one left - then it will collapse due to it's unbearable mass! (erm).
Whenever you hit a box it changes direction. The magnetic field is also activited and shown as a circle. When boxes have an active magnetic field and are close to eachother the bigger box will consume the smaller one.
Well still a little WIP due to lack of time :P
- Added title screen with story and title music
- Added sfx
- Added holes in floor that kills you
- Added black drops that cancels chain score and deducts some points
How to play
- Arrows left/right + action buttons to jump
- Jump from drop to drop to release energy and score points
- Normal drops pop all nearby drops with the same color
- Super-Drops[tm] (with a small sun inside) pops all other drops nearby
- Chains multiply score for each subsequent nearby drops - there's a separate sound to indicate chain bonus
- Avoid holes!
- Avoid black drops which will lower score and kill you
Updated to 1.01
Beware! Aliens have invaded earth! Of course - we are the aliens...
On behalf of High Commander XL'ARGH - you have been tasked to fetch the puny humans for our gruesome experiments etc. The mothership is too valuable to risk for close quarters operations. Therefore we dispatch you - our great minion T'URD with smaller crafts to capture specimens with your tractor beam and carry them upwards into thinner atmosphere so that they can be collected by the mothership. Beware that the ship will lose movement speed when you activate the tractor beam with holding down your big ACTION BUTTON. Good luck, and break a tentacle!
First Pico-8 cart - it has been really fun, but has taken way too long :P Love the limitations, even for code and LUA subset. Hope you enjoy it for some levels at least :)
- Reduced number of levels in cycle as they were too simple, ramp up difficulty much faster
- Cycle BG each level