The thrilling sequel to the original! Who would've thought?
Featuring 10 modes, a slew of options, cascade gravity, probably a few bugs, and hours of fun, it's the ultimate Tetris clone on Pico-8!
Most modes in this game are inspired by Tetris (PSP).
Simple endless mode. Clear as many lines as possible before topping out.
Game ends after 40 lines, clear them as fast as you can!
The stack shifts to the left after every piece, try not to get dizzy!
Don't let the laser hit your stack, or else it's game over!
Garbage lines rise from the ground, try not to get overwhelmed!
Arguably the most confusing mode, alternate placing pieces on each side of the board!
"Clear" as many lines as you can before they all get cleared at once!
Try to place as many pieces as you can, without seeing any of your stack!
The blocks solidify into blocks you have to clear twice!
Place your pieces onto the unclearable blocks, or sacrifice them to the void!
Blocks can continue to fall even after they've been placed! (This might be buggy)
Select the speed level you start on! Starting on M1 or higher will not require any extra lines to level up, as a psuedo Master Mode.
Custom DAS, ARR, and ARE*
Customize how long it takes for your piece to move side to side, how fast it moves side to side, and how long you wait after placing a piece!
Rebind any button with any other! Supports P2 buttons as well (see user manual for controls)
Select the randomizer, whether it be a 7-bag, 14-bag, or pure random!
Customize the amount of pieces it takes for a gimmick to apply! (for Garbage, Scanner, and Solidify)
Customize the blockskin using a simple editor!
- Your handling, controls and your blockskin are saved so you never have to input them again!
- Added a starting timer
- Cut CPU usage on the background a bit
- Fixed blocks placing on regenerated rows turning unclearable
- Initial Release
- Mark M.
Made for the Toy Box Jam 2020
Use Up/Down/Left/Right to move
Press X to buy upgrades
Press O to rappel (if you've bought it)
...there's no real end goal.
// UPDATE: I lost the files for update 1.1. It'll be delayed for quite a while. //
I know people have made lots of Tetris clones before, but I've always wanted to make one.
Creating this was mostly inspired by other clones (namely Tetyis and Pico Tetris).
I've incorporated pretty much all guideline rules, including SRS, hold, and more.
- Use left/right to move the piece, well, left and right.
- Use down to soft drop.
- Use up to hard drop.
- Use X or O to rotate the piece. You can swap the directions by rebinding the controls.
- Press X and O to hold the current piece.
- Marathon: Clear 150 lines
- Sprint: Clear 40 lines as fast as possible
- Endless: Self-explanatory
- The Grand Master: Clear 999 levels, +1 for each piece, +1 for each line, with the TGM speed curve.
- Secret Grade: Google it, it's hard to explain in text
- Blitz: Get the highest score in 2 minutes. The game ends when you place a piece past the 2 minute mark.
- Super Rotation System
- Rebindable controls
- Mino Designer
- Locking Soft Drop if you want it
- Moving background that totally isn't from Tetris DX that i totally didn't steal
I hope you like it, and I'll probably release more versions if I get enough suggestions.
1.01: Fixed an SRS bug
This was made for a school project, we were assigned colored shirts and had to support out color in the most creative way possible. I decided to make a quick little game.