// UPDATE: I lost the files for update 1.1. It'll be delayed for quite a while. //
I know people have made lots of Tetris clones before, but I've always wanted to make one.
Creating this was mostly inspired by other clones (namely Tetyis and Pico Tetris).
I've incorporated pretty much all guideline rules, including SRS, hold, and more.
- Use left/right to move the piece, well, left and right.
- Use down to soft drop.
- Use up to hard drop.
- Use X or O to rotate the piece. You can swap the directions by rebinding the controls.
- Press X and O to hold the current piece.
- Marathon: Clear 150 lines
- Sprint: Clear 40 lines as fast as possible
- Endless: Self-explanatory
- The Grand Master: Clear 999 levels, +1 for each piece, +1 for each line, with the TGM speed curve.
- Secret Grade: Google it, it's hard to explain in text
- Blitz: Get the highest score in 2 minutes. The game ends when you place a piece past the 2 minute mark.
- Super Rotation System
- Rebindable controls
- Mino Designer
- Locking Soft Drop if you want it
- Moving background that totally isn't from Tetris DX that i totally didn't steal
I hope you like it, and I'll probably release more versions if I get enough suggestions.
1.01: Fixed an SRS bug
This is great! Really flattered to see Tetyis mentioned as an inspiration, too! I personally have a bit of an obsession with polishing things, so with Tetyis I put too much focus on making everything pretty and I ended up getting burnt out before I could really finish it. I also followed the guidelines too close, which was a pretty big problem. 2/3rds or so through development I read the part that said the bottom left should be 0,0 when I had been using the top left. Trying to awkwardly shift everything over was what broke my SRS implementation. There were a lot of problems all around, I was just a lot less experienced back then. Enough rambling about my own game, though.
This plays really well, you did an excellent job here! It might not be as fancy as Tetyis, but I'd say it's better and it definitely has more to offer. Really reminds me I need to focus primarily on gameplay more, too. If you plan to work more on this, It'd be really awesome to see a mode or two from Tetris Party.
[Please log in to post a comment]