respriter is a tool that you run in PICO-8 that let you edit other p8 cartridges
With this tool you can move sprites around and have the map updated to point to the new location of your sprites, so it isn't ruined. Sprite flags are moved along with the sprite pixels.
It is useful for when you want to move sprites around in the sprite bank so related sprites are next to each other, for example.
So you can turn an unplanned and unorganized bank into a more organized one
And your map will still look like this:
Respriter will also move the sprite flags when you move the sprites.
You can write protect parts of the sprite bank if that memory is used for the map, or you can work unprotected if you really want to
It is also possible to define where your map data is stored. If it is the full 128x64, shared 128x32 or some custom rectangle anywhere in the 128x64 space
If you work often in the same cartridge you can save the cartridge, map rect and all the other settings in a workbench and load them later. When you load a workbench you load the cartridge for that workspace and also all the settings
You need to download the cartridge and run locally for it to work since it needs to load the cartridges you have stored locally
- download the respriter.p8.png cartridge
- place it in the same folder as the cartridge you want to edit
- in PICO-8, go to that folder using cd in the command line interface
- load respriter.p8.png
0.3 beta (pw_respriter-5.p8.png)
- added workbenches
- added saving of state in custom map rect mode so the camera isn't reset every time it is opened
- fixed mouse cursor bug when exiting custom map rect
- fixed tutorial where right-click was used but it should read left-click
- fixed tutorial text that still referred to the app as "tilemover"
0.2.1 beta (pw_respriter-4.p8.png)
- added visualisation for where map and sprite memory overlap
- made the map memory protected from edits
0.1.2 beta (pw_respriter-2.p8.png)
- the tool now accept pw_respriter-x as filename of the tool since that is what it is called when downloaded from the Lexaloffle BBS. This should fix the issue where a downloaded cart would report an error when opening the "load cart" screen.
0.1 beta (pw_respriter-0.p8.png)
- initial release