respriter is a tool that you run in PICO-8 that let you edit other p8 cartridges
With this tool you can move sprites around and have the map updated to point to the new location of your sprites, so it isn't ruined. Sprite flags are moved along with the sprite pixels.
It is useful for when you want to move sprites around in the sprite bank so related sprites are next to each other, for example.
You need to download the cartridge and run locally for it to work since it needs to load the cartridges you have stored locally
- download the respriter.p8.png cartridge
- place it in the same folder as the cartridge you want to edit
- in PICO-8, go to that folder using cd in the command line interface
- load respriter.p8.png
0.2.1 beta (pw_respriter-4.p8.png)
- added visualisation for where map and sprite memory overlap
- made the map memory protected from edits
0.1.2 beta (pw_respriter-2.p8.png)
- the tool now accept pw_respriter-x as filename of the tool since that is what it is called when downloaded from the Lexaloffle BBS. This should fix the issue where a downloaded cart would report an error when opening the "load cart" screen.
0.1 beta (pw_respriter-0.p8.png)
- initial release
[Please log in to post a comment]